Hacking USB loader 1.1 with video mode patches

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use NTSC version will it give me options of video patches to choose from or is it always "PAL 576i -> NTSC 480" ?

Thanks

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make the NSTC one in to a wad for me. My plasma died yesterday and im back to using the tube for the time being. My computer crashed too and wadder doesn't want to work anymore either. I'm having a bad day.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hyp3rlink said:
If I use NTSC version will it give me options of video patches to choose from or is it always "PAL 576i -> NTSC 480" ?

Thanks

no option, yes always all interlaced video modes are patched. If it doesn't work for one game this way while not patching 576i works, PM me.(test with R7 of my toy with video mode menu)

QUOTE(smash_brew @ Apr 1 2009, 01:01 PM) Can someone make the NSTC one in to a wad for me. My plasma died yesterday and im back to using the tube for the time being. My computer crashed too and wadder doesn't want to work anymore either. I'm having a bad day.

Use a forwarder channel. Always installing a new channel for every minor update is stupid in my eyes(just my opinion about it).

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At the moment i only have one sd card witch i'm using to to store the games, so a forwarding channel or loading from HBC isn't going to help me right now.

murdiaries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thank you so much.
Unfortunate RGB Scart users like me can finally enjoy this new exciting ISO-Loading era.

A channel of this, could make this a permanent channel on my Wii 3.2E menu!
smile.gif

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand this correctly, it's almost like a force NTSC usb loader .dol? Correct or no? For me anyway because im an NTSC user and my tv doesnt support PAL.

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just tested, it works perfectly! Thank you!

For people wondering what this patched version does:
The NTSC version forces NTSC mode on PAL games (Tested on Trivial Pursuit PAL, which was not showing image on the original USB Loader 1.1)

The PAL version forces PAL mode on NTSC games (Havent tested, since im on ntsc)

Again, Thank you WiiPower, great patch!

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/216096586/usb-...atches.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/216096855/usb-...atches.zip.html

Don't ask for reuploads, mirror it!

The package contains the source code, a PAL480i and a NTSC480i version. It patches only correctly recognized interlaced video modes to the video mode.

PS: Don't bug with with not working games, if a game doesn't work with the matching setting in my toy with video mode patches(not brute), it's no surprise it's not working on the usb loader too.

Man you made my day, thanks

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/216096586/usb-...atches.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/216096855/usb-...atches.zip.html

Don't ask for reuploads, mirror it!

The package contains the source code, a PAL480i and a NTSC480i version. It patches only correctly recognized interlaced video modes to the video mode.

PS: Don't bug with with not working games, if a game doesn't work with the matching setting in my toy with video mode patches(not brute), it's no surprise it's not working on the usb loader too.

Hi wiipower,

Would you consider changing BackupLancher03 with same option? I have a NTSC console and some PAL games works withe Force NTSC but some would not. So I just tried one of them that did not work before with Backuplancher03 (Spiderman 3\worked but in black and white and if I try force ntsc it crashes\hangs up) with USBloader_patched_NTSC(by you) and works. Thanks.

bula

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have to say, that If i launch Endless Ocean with this, it fails (black-white screen, flickers). Other Games are working (Mario Kart Wii) without problems...oh, all Games are PAL, on a PAL-Console, and I'm using PAL480i...

Is there any chance that you can import all the Modes (like MPAL, 480i, etc..) like in the Multiboot.dol in the loader? If you select a game, it asks you if you realy want to boot it...would be a good point to add there that feature for switching the Mode...

But thanks for this release
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bula said:
Hi wiipower,

Would you consider changing BackupLancher03 with same option? I have a NTSC console and some PAL games works withe Force NTSC but some would not. So I just tried one of them that did not work before with Backuplancher03 (Spiderman 3\worked but in black and white and if I try force ntsc it crashes\hangs up) with USBloader_patched_NTSC(by you) and works. Thanks.

bula

No i won't integrate my patches into Gamma. Everybody is free to do it, it's completely open source. It's not that difficult, and i would help if somebody REALLY tries to do it. If you want video mode patches for disc games, just get my toy, it has a lot of more options.

QUOTE(Blue-K @ Apr 2 2009, 12:39 PM) I have to say, that If i launch Endless Ocean with this, it fails (black-white screen, flickers). Other Games are working (Mario Kart Wii) without problems...oh, all Games are PAL, on a PAL-Console, and I'm using PAL480i...

Is there any chance that you can import all the Modes (like MPAL, 480i, etc..) like in the Multiboot.dol in the loader? If you select a game, it asks you if you realy want to boot it...would be a good point to add there that feature for switching the Mode...

But thanks for this release
smile.gif

Hmm, you get this because some games are really stubborn and always use 576i whatever you do. Well they use a specific video mode object inside the main.dol. If you patch that to 480i(my patcher does) you get problems. I'm patching 576i too, because that made some games work for NTSC users in the past. Just use the regular loader for pal games for now.

If/when Waninkoko integrates a MENU and a config file, i will integrate some options.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Wiipower,

Thanks for your replay. If I only knew how to do it I would do it trust me but unfortunately I am a zero in programming. What toy are you talking about? Can you point where to get it? Can I patch my PAL ISO with video modes for NTSC using your toy? That would do it and I would not have to change BackupLantcher03. Am I right? Thanks again.

I went here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=139019 but errors when try to donlow it.

bula

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo