Status
Not open for further replies.

(USB HDD Update!) TX Anounces SX AUTOLOADER v1.10 from Team [WAIN]

Team [WAIN] is back with a quick update to their SX Autoloader release!
SXAL2.png

We have not heard from Team [WAIN] for a while, and today they dropped a bomb-shell of an add-on to SX OS, a simple little file that adds a much needed feature, 'auto-loading' of all your backup cartridges, no more hunting thru lots of icons to find a game and mounting it just click on the Game Icon you want to play right now and magically the cartridge will be inserted for you, its like having a multi-CD-changer attached to your Switch console! :)
Thanks to their friends at Team [WAIN] they have released an small 'add-on' to their SX OS v2.9.2 which allows you to 'auto-load', what that means now you just find the game you have previously played on your Horizon Home Screen, click on it, and even if it is a dumped cartridge in XCI format, as long as you still have the files on your Micro SD-Card and/or USB HDD, it will now auto-mount the cartridge backup for you and launch it, no more getting upset seeing the 'insert the game card' message, then having to go to Album, launch via their SX OS menu, scroll-over and find the game, and mount it and go back.

As long as you have at least mounted your XCI image once via their SX OS menu, now you can just simply click on a XCI Game Icon and it will Auto-Mount and Launch for you directly from the Horizon Home Screen. Is that not amazing! :)
NEW RELEASE: (Nov. 2th, 2019)
Changelog v1.1
  • Added USB HDD Support
  • Improved XCI detection
  • Database caching for speed
NOTE: If you have large XCI collection on your USB HDD, first time usage may take a couple of minutes for the database to be built.
IMPORTANT: If you get an Error Code on boot-up, then it means your SD Card has corruption on it, please re-format it and start fresh.
As usual, you can find their latest version of SX Autoloader in the TX Community Resources section, just unpack the new version overwriting the previous files.

To see it in action check out this video below:

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: updated post with v1.1 changelog

DontShootUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already have NSP, they are even smaller than XCI, no point to use/pay TX my hard-earned money.
The advantage (for me anyway) is that you don't need to install them, or uninstall them in the event that you need to clear up space. For all intents and purposes, it's a "cartridge".

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The advantage (for me anyway) is that you don't need to install them, or uninstall them in the event that you need to clear up space. For all intents and purposes, it's a "cartridge".
You can install NSP using Goldtree by connecting ur switch on pc via Type C cable, it tooks as much time as you copypaste it on ur SD/HDD since NSP are smaller than XCI.

So still no point to pay mha mohny to TX, use Atmosphere instead.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can install NSP using Goldtree by connecting ur switch on pc via Type C cable, it tooks as much time as you copypaste it on ur SD/HDD since NSP are smaller than XCI.

So still no point to pay mha mohny to TX, use Atmosphere instead.

u can compress the xci files in the same way you compress an nsp file so file size isn't a nsp only thing. xci is a container with nca files the same as nsp file

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
u can compress the xci files in the same way you compress an nsp file so file size isn't a nsp only thing. xci is a container with nca files the same as nsp file
time to shrink XCI's loose space+time to copypaste on any storage, while on NSP otherside all you need is install them from PC to Switch, which one is more comfortable, which method takes less time and effort?

Do the math.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
time to shrink XCI's loose space+time to copypaste on any storage, while on NSP otherside all you need is install them from PC to Switch, which one is more comfortable, which method takes less time and effort?

Do the math.

well if i have to clear my sd card i don't have to worry about the games so xci format is for me. you have to install the game then update then dlc or copy one file

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm more upset that my Switch crashes more often playing Link's Awakening since I've updated to 2.9.2. I've had to switch to Atmosphére for the time being and it's not as stable as it was before 9.x with homebrew. Crashes sometimes, too, but not with any games so far.

raaamesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice feature but nicer to see other developers working on sxos given us mods and extra features

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country

Do the math.

With xci you can bundle updates and dlc into 1 file so you don't need multiple files for 1 game.

For nsp you have to wait for it to install now imagine waiting to install big or multiple games. ouIf you'ret of space then you have uninstall games which is another bother. Xci more convenient

Last edited by ganons,
Reactions: pcwizard7

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With xci you can bundle updates and dlc into 1 file so you don't need multiple files for 1 game.

For nsp you have to wait for it to install now imagine waiting to install big or multiple games. ouIf you'ret of space then you have uninstall games which is another bother. Xci more convenient

the atmos fanboy don't see the reason to logic and i ve made this point already :)

even if you don't want sxos installing xci files is better since you can combine updates and dlc into them

Last edited by pcwizard7,
Reactions: OuahOuah

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I'm not sure how you ended up quoting me because that isn't my post :P

D

Deleted-452294

SX Autoloader likely does not work on 9.0.0+ because they did not implement the SelectApplicationDesiredLanguage command in their MITM for ns:am2's IReadOnlyApplicationControlDataInterface. I however cannot verify this myself.
This is also an issue with the original code they used, which can be found at https://github.com/p-sam/switch-sys-tweak, and was disappointingly not credited.
This problem should be fairly trivial to fix, and so should implementing the file indexing for USBFS be.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: thaikhoa

Sillybunnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried this and it worked for me just like how it worked in the video.

now the talk about the difference and reasons between nsp and xci nowhere the breakdown

1. XCI is not just a cartridge dump format its more of a container just like MP4/MKV are a video container for videos
2. NSP is an image of the game that the developer submits to the eshop they like ISO images of CD/DVD

Now you may ask why to choose one or the other, nsp can only be used by installing them

1. xci is a container which as long as you have the file you can play them
2. if you wish to put the game on another switch you just need to copy the file to its sd card. with nsp you need to wait to copy the file and install them
3. with NSC_Builder you may combine the games with its update data and DLC content and you only need to do this once. were with nsp format you would also need to reinstall them again for the other switch
4. you may also have multiple games in one xci file

and if you are sxos user its more beneficial to use the xci format thanks to the xci mounter, autoloader and HDD Support for large game collections

is there a benefit to having multiple games in one xci file? how does the switch handle those, haven't tried it yet.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is there a benefit to having multiple games in one xci file? how does the switch handle those, haven't tried it yet.

no it's just a preference and i haven't tried it but I heard its possible with video guide to nsc builder. say you have all the lego games you could combine them into one file. this have them all under one icon in the menu

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
all this does look at the xci mount history list and match the title id and mounts the xci for you as long as the file is still in the same location as the first time you mounted it
I’ve used it a few times now without a ban I used it last night with luigis mansion 3 and Mario Kart 8 today so it seems all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: Good choice +1