Status
Not open for further replies.

(USB HDD Update!) TX Anounces SX AUTOLOADER v1.10 from Team [WAIN]

Team [WAIN] is back with a quick update to their SX Autoloader release!
SXAL2.png

We have not heard from Team [WAIN] for a while, and today they dropped a bomb-shell of an add-on to SX OS, a simple little file that adds a much needed feature, 'auto-loading' of all your backup cartridges, no more hunting thru lots of icons to find a game and mounting it just click on the Game Icon you want to play right now and magically the cartridge will be inserted for you, its like having a multi-CD-changer attached to your Switch console! :)
Thanks to their friends at Team [WAIN] they have released an small 'add-on' to their SX OS v2.9.2 which allows you to 'auto-load', what that means now you just find the game you have previously played on your Horizon Home Screen, click on it, and even if it is a dumped cartridge in XCI format, as long as you still have the files on your Micro SD-Card and/or USB HDD, it will now auto-mount the cartridge backup for you and launch it, no more getting upset seeing the 'insert the game card' message, then having to go to Album, launch via their SX OS menu, scroll-over and find the game, and mount it and go back.

As long as you have at least mounted your XCI image once via their SX OS menu, now you can just simply click on a XCI Game Icon and it will Auto-Mount and Launch for you directly from the Horizon Home Screen. Is that not amazing! :)
NEW RELEASE: (Nov. 2th, 2019)
Changelog v1.1
  • Added USB HDD Support
  • Improved XCI detection
  • Database caching for speed
NOTE: If you have large XCI collection on your USB HDD, first time usage may take a couple of minutes for the database to be built.
IMPORTANT: If you get an Error Code on boot-up, then it means your SD Card has corruption on it, please re-format it and start fresh.
As usual, you can find their latest version of SX Autoloader in the TX Community Resources section, just unpack the new version overwriting the previous files.

To see it in action check out this video below:

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: updated post with v1.1 changelog
D

Deleted User

forgive me for my ignorance, but if you're using CFW and stuff with TX, Why does this matter? Like why not just download the game onto the home menu, instead of pretending it's a game cart?

Sxos supports usb drives, you can have like 100 games on the external drive, mount them
once through the rom menu and afterwards just start the game from the home screen.

A really nice feature, as soon hdd support is added...
(Edit: Read first then comment)

I like the fact @leon315 uses atmosphere and piracy...

Last edited by ,

nicoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
how would xcz work? would it need to decompress on the fly?
Block compressed XCZ files support random read access and so only the parts the game currently needs to access needs to be decompressed. Currently no tool is able to produce block compressed XCZ files as my tool doesn't have XCI packing implemented yet and NSC_BUILDER doesn't have block compression implemented yet. @blawar Could you please implement Hfs0Stream similar to Pfs0Stream so XCZ building can be implemented? It would be absolutely awesome if SX would implement XCZ support as they are much smaller then trimmed XCI files.

Reactions: lordelan and ganons

fluggy2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is whats been missing from USB XCI loading. Cant wait for it to be implemented for USB drives. No more need for "SCANNING" through XCIs. Nice.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great addition ! Hope 3.0 adds some sort of cache to the xci list.. so it doesnt load everytime one opens the album and can just scroll to get the game ( manual refresh - both sd and hdd )

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question do you guys keep your hdd plugged in as to me it looks like it’s still trying to access the hdd when the switch is off or did it get fixed ??

Sillybunnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
main benefit i love about xci is i can pack all the updates and DLC into one file, and bounce between numerous games whenever vs "hold on gotta delete stuff to free up space, now copy nsp to SD card, put back in or hook up to pc with USB, then install game nsp, the update, the DLC, now we can play xyz game" obviously if you only play a couple games at a time then you dont do this often but if you like trying lots of games or bounce around nsps are cumbersome having to constantly install, delete, bigger card alleviates this naturally. plus its a quick way to try a game and if you plan to play it often move it from usb hard drive to sd card or simply install.

Reactions: oji and snoofly

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who use a TB external drive with a collection of xci's can really rejoice when its released. Having to go through so many games via sxos album has been the oldest complaint.
Glad they finally did something about it.
already have NSP, they are even smaller than XCI, no point to use/pay TX my hard-earned money.
I hope you don't use that same attitude towards paying bills....

Last edited by MasterJ360,

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man.. too bad i am still at 8.1.0 and using sx os v2.8... tried using the v2.9.2 and stuck at nintendo switch thing... had to go back to v2.8and this autoloader doesnt work there...sad

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Can someone upload it to Google drive because I don't want to make an account just to download stupid autoloader.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that is correct. and once support for usb hdd added, it will be great, but for those with micro sdcards with just XCI's on it, it makes it simple.

And in pre-testing before launch, all forms of XCI's were tested, split, custom, dumped, fat32, exfat, and different unusual filenames, and various folders, depending on speed of your micro sdcard and amount of xci's on it, you should not have to wait more than 3 seconds on the 'insert game card' screen as it scans, finds, and mounts, launches the cartridge for you.
Interesting.. what would be really cool is a feature to scan and mount all your xcis in one go, so they are all visible on the home screen from the getgo, then use this add on to play any of them off the home screen more or less instantly.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Block compressed XCZ files support random read access and so only the parts the game currently needs to access needs to be decompressed. Currently no tool is able to produce block compressed XCZ files as my tool doesn't have XCI packing implemented yet and NSC_BUILDER doesn't have block compression implemented yet. @blawar Could you please implement Hfs0Stream similar to Pfs0Stream so XCZ building can be implemented? It would be absolutely awesome if SX would implement XCZ support as they are much smaller then trimmed XCI files.

Yes I can add that for you this weekend.

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2 QUESTIONS!

1 - Does it work in the "All Software" menu, or is it restricted to the 12 games displayed on the main menu?

2- How can i download this without having to register in a forum!?

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is crashing my console upon reboot
nintendo logo then error code 2011-0301

without it, boots just fine

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
2 QUESTIONS!

1 - Does it work in the "All Software" menu, or is it restricted to the 12 games displayed on the main menu?

2- How can i download this without having to register in a forum!?

Why didn't they put it on their website? I don't want to register just for that too.

Can someone upload it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wut