Hacking Question USB C to Micro USB Adapter for the Payload?

Plug it to the PC?

• Total voters

jouyduro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi!
So first
TL;DR -> I do Have an Samsung USB C to Micro USB adapter and want to use it to connect to my pc using an samsung s7 original micro usb cable. Is it safe?

Okay, I have an USB C to Micro USB adapter which I got with an Gear VR from Samsung, I want to use it for sending the payload to the switch, since I don't an USB C cable (I don't have any other device which use it, only the switch..).
This adapter have good quality, since they trust it to be used on S8 and S9 with micro usb cable, even for recharging those devices. (I don't really know if it can do data transfer, I read about it in some websites, and they said it can, but those posts was before releasing the newest gear vr...)
And for the cable I want to use my normal Micro USB to USB A cable, original too.
I don't know if this cable have 56k Ohm impedance.. =/

Would it be safe to use?

I know the best choice would be buying an 56k ohm usb c cable and then use an adapter, or even an usb c to a with the same impedance, but, I do live in Brazil, and anker cable is 80 BRL (21,24 USD) ... And there's lots of random brands cables, which I don't really trust, and are expensive too!!!

I attached some pics of the adapter, but, didn't plug it yet to the pc, since switch is REALLY expensive in Brazil...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CaboC (1).jpg
    CaboC (1).jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 642
  • CaboC (2).jpg
    CaboC (2).jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 588
  • CaboC (3).jpg
    CaboC (3).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 576
Last edited by jouyduro,

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can try it without worry, if it doesn't work, it just won't work
I once tried using a USB-C OTG Adapter to connect my smartphone to my switch and it didn't worked, it just didn't recognized it, but when i used the microUSB OTG adapter in my phone (which is the normal thing to do) it worked.
So, just try it :P

Reactions: jouyduro

AceTartarSquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
So first
TL;DR -> I do Have an Samsung USB C to Micro USB adapter and want to use it to connect to my pc using an samsung s7 original micro usb cable. Is it safe?

Okay, I have an USB C to Micro USB adapter which I got with an Gear VR from Samsung, I want to use it for sending the payload to the switch, since I don't an USB C cable (I don't have any other device which use it, only the switch..).
This adapter have good quality, since they trust it to be used on S8 and S9 with micro usb cable, even for recharging those devices. (I don't really know if it can do data transfer, I read about it in some websites, and they said it can, but those posts was before releasing the newest gear vr...)
And for the cable I want to use my normal Micro USB to USB A cable, original too.
I don't know if this cable have 56k Ohm impedance.. =/

Would it be safe to use?

I know the best choice would be buying an 56k ohm usb c cable and then use an adapter, or even an usb c to a with the same impedance, but, I do live in Brazil, and anker cable is 80 BRL (21,24 USD) ... And there's lots of random brands cables, which I don't really trust, and are expensive too!!!

I attached some pics of the adapter, but, didn't plug it yet to the pc, since switch is REALLY expensive in Brazil...

Thanks in advance!

I think you're worrying too much.

I use these because it was the first two things that connected together, I didn't bother measuring any of it.

Attachments

• 4rlVwuE.jpg
    4rlVwuE.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 383
  • bv7XpsP.jpg
    bv7XpsP.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 371

jouyduro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use this exact same setup and haven't had any issues.

Good to know! =) Maybe I'll try it this way,
But I'll wait some more feedback, I'm a little worried :/

I think you're worrying too much.

I use these because it was the first two things that connected together, I didn't bother measuring any of it.

Well, you are using USB C to C, which have more chance to be 56k Ohm, I'll be using an USB A to Micro USB with the adapter, not sure about the impedance in this cable =/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use also a adapter from microusb to usb3. Is working without problems :)

Hmm, good to know, I'll try this soon, Hope it don't fry x_x

jouyduro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It would only be risky the other way around. Adapt g USB c to micro. But no risk adapting micro to USB c

why?
You mean, if it was an cable C to micro usb?

Actually what I want to do is
Use this setup I showed with photos direct to my pc, usb 3.0
But, I have an OTG adapter too, which is usb A to micro usb, then I could use it directly to the cellphone
Switch -> C to Micro usb -> micro usb to usb A -> OTG usb A to micro usb -> Cellphone
Would this setup be risky??

I don't really think my cellphone could send an high ampere to the switch, since samsung cellphone don't charge connected devices normally, only if it's said to.

hmmm :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson