• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

USA - Russia is mocking you for bringing home a junkie!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Except it used to say other people's culture in their own country is wrong

Is it? Do you have an example?

Except she didn't get treated like a normal person, did she?

Didn't see smuggling there.

You are the one that suggested that the reason she was called black was to dehumanize her, and not for the reason that is obvious. Either cough off that *oops* or don't.

Last edited by tabzer,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are the one that suggested that the reason she was called black was to dehumanize her, and not for the reason that is obvious. Either cough off that *oops* or don't.
He said she didn't deserve to be freed because she's a "black junkie woman". Any logical person would infer his racism. But seeing the mental gymnastics youre jumping through in this thread, im not surprised you got it backwards.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
He said she didn't deserve to be freed because she's a "black junkie woman". Any logical person would infer his racism. But seeing the mental gymnastics youre jumping through in this thread, im not surprised you got it backwards.

He assumes that those are facts, and while she being black and a woman still remain definitive facts (maybe), the major disagreement is over what qualifies as a "junkie". Contextually speaking, the problem is about the idea of pushing wokeism to the extent of abandoning the country, so the idea of inferring racism is rooted in affirmative action. Nobody believes that this person doesn't deserve justice because she is black, a woman... or even a junkie. Inferring that this trade is undoing injustice somehow is impalpable.

Your idea of "innocence" seems to apply to Americans being "persecuted" in countries, that they should have the right to do as they please, anywhere. Subtle imperialism on your part. But you have years of brainwashing to be undone, so I don't fault you.

If you honestly have a problem with the logic I engage, please point it out directly, and specifically. I'd be more than happy to clear up any misconceptions you have.

Last edited by tabzer,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We traded an arms dealer for a innocent american prisoner of war

She pleaded guilty to multiple criminal offenses under Russian law, so I guess youre relying on a nuanced definition of "innocent." It doesn't really matter what anyone's personal opinion of their laws may be, what she did was a crime there. And she admitted to it.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes--where do you think money for Ukraine comes from?
All that WNBA merch is seriously taxable.

To add spices, the US probably has parabolic mics on Viktor B. 24/7

P.W. deserves to get out, yes, but the geo-political struggle is real...so real, Putin may try to make the U.S. trade other people for other people from other places, i.e. trade a European dude for an American, to trade that European for a Russian to trade for an American.

Also, let's not forget PW is accused of espionage--something neither America or Russia take lightly...or anyone, anywhere, at any time period, unless you want to be a
thumb_yeah-baby-m-the-spy-who-shagged-y-15100631.png
dick and miss the hole.

What won't be a deal: when we two-for-one.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@WeedZ, instead of coming out of the woodwork to defend this person of privilege, can you petition my government on their injustice towards me? I want to smoke weed, legally.

Also, would your obsession with weed to the point of compromising your logical faculties deem you a "junkie"? If you aren't black or a woman, then it might be more forgivable, as you suggest. :P

It's obvious that you look like a tool at this point, but I just wanted to apply some salt.

Last edited by tabzer,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The credibility of GWB and the Republican party was zero even before the invasions
It's pretty irrelevant who is in charge of the US in the eyes of the people in the middle east. The only thing they see is America destroying their homeland(Afghanistan), and then fleeing from a militant group after being there for 10 or so years. And then leaving said militant group a bunch of equipment to oppress them even more.

If I lived in the middle east, I'd fucking hate America. After what happened to the translators in Afghanistan, I'd never help out any American military.

Reactions: Xzi and mrdude

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@WeedZ, instead of coming out of the woodwork to defend this person of privilege, can you petition my government on their injustice towards me? I want to smoke weed, legally.

Also, would your obsession with weed to the point of compromising your logical faculties deem you a "junkie"? If you aren't black or a woman, then it might be more forgivable, as you suggest. :P

It's obvious that you look like a tool at this point, but I just wanted to apply some salt.
Youre not applying salt, its irony. One of us is definitely a tool. I'm not one to clamber for fake internet points, but in this case I think the comparison of my post's reactions to your lack of any might be the anchor in reality you need to break your delusion. You've obviously confused being articulate with being intelligent.

But you have one thing right. Though I dont personally use marijuana (but I can see how my username recycled from my childhood nickname might confuse you), I do advocate for the legalization of marijuana. Its an infringement on personal freedom. Something the people of my country value. Like liberating their countrymen from tyrannical superpowers.

Just like how your country historically values supporting tyrannical superpowers.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Youre not applying salt, its irony. One of us is definitely a tool. I'm not one to clamber for fake internet points, but in this case I think the comparison of my post's reactions to your lack of any might be the anchor in reality you need to break your delusion. You've obviously confused being articulate with being intelligent.

But you have one thing right. Though I dont personally use marijuana (but I can see how my username recycled from my childhood nickname might confuse you), I do advocate for the legalization of marijuana. Its an infringement on personal freedom. Something the people of my country value. Like liberating their countrymen from tyrannical superpowers.

Just like how your country historically values supporting tyrannical superpowers.
I know that sounded cool in your head, but what was missing was an actual rebuttal. You don't need to actively be using marijuana for your obsession of it to compromise your intellect.

Good for you to look beyond the who of your "internet points".

Last edited by tabzer,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I know that sounded cool in your head, but what was missing was an actual rebuttal. You don't need to actively be using marijuana for your obsession of it to compromise your intellect.

It sounds like you've never smoked weed in your life, because you're spouting baseless assumptions about things.

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's pretty irrelevant who is in charge of the US in the eyes of the people in the middle east. The only thing they see is America destroying their homeland(Afghanistan), and then fleeing from a militant group after being there for 10 or so years. And then leaving said militant group a bunch of equipment to oppress them even more.

If I lived in the middle east, I'd fucking hate America. After what happened to the translators in Afghanistan, I'd never help out any American military.
I think both Biden and Trump are to blame.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

This part, highlighted in bold for you. Absolutelybonkers bullshit.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This part, highlighted in bold for you. Absolutelybonkers bullshit.

So you think that if I smoked marijuana, it would change the facts behind what I said?

Let me say it again.

You don't need to actively be using marijuana for your obsession of it to compromise your intellect.

That's a fact, and you can replace "marijuana" with anything and it would still be true.

Thanks for being an exhibit of the original statement.

I think both Biden and Trump are to blame.

Can't forget Bush and Bush Sr, as well as the other presidents that kept the war money machine well-oiled in the interims.

Don't worry though, you've legalized weed and therefore are not the world's asshole. (That's for @WeedZ)

Last edited by tabzer,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the aspect you are debating is the least important aspect of the story meant to distract from the more important parts of the story.
Yes, that's my point entirely, I'm here strictly to call out the BS right in the headline, she's not a junkie no matter how you slice it. You want to debate other aspects of this? There are plenty of other people here interested to dissect those aspects of this, not me.

You don't get to dictate which parts of a story I can be interested in breaking down or not.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
  • Haha
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A lot of "junkies" are apathetic to the fact that their country is driving the world into WW3. The pots are more important, obviously. "I can't be a junkie, marijuana isn't addictive bro." *forgets bills*, *forgets children*, *forgets they voted for this*

Yeah, it definitely is a problem if you think the taboo associated with marijuana is what is pressing.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH