Upgrading from 10.0.4 to latest CFW 16.0.2

hazqaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there guys,

i am not an expert in this but i have got a switch with atmosphere firmware 10.0.4 . I want to upgrade it to the latest one that is 16.0.2 and saw a tutorial over youtube to copy the update cfw files to the switch etc. As i am not an expert and got this switch the way it is , just wondering if anyone could guide me of what to do about this.

can i update it straight away to the latest CFW 16.0.2 or not ! and if there's a step by step tutorial on how to do it would really help !

Thanks guys for your help in advance.

Regards

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there guys,

i am not an expert in this but i have got a switch with atmosphere firmware 10.0.4 . I want to upgrade it to the latest one that is 16.0.2 and saw a tutorial over youtube to copy the update cfw files to the switch etc. As i am not an expert and got this switch the way it is , just wondering if anyone could guide me of what to do about this.

can i update it straight away to the latest CFW 16.0.2 or not ! and if there's a step by step tutorial on how to do it would really help !

Thanks guys for your help in advance.

Regards
Your question was answered in this thread. Please use that thread for any future questions instead of making your own thread.

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
  • Love
Reactions: hazqaz

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hazqaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it is unpatched and another issue i see is that i somehow messed up some file in the sd card so i think i have to start from the scratch and copy files and folders . I also updated the official firmware to 16.0.2.

Is there a tutorial on how to start from the scratch and install the cfw for 16.0.2 ? thanks in advance.
Post automatically merged:

@Sphaa

thanks for the info , i cant find the TegraExplorer , sighpathes etc. is there a link that prescribes the whole process from the scratch ? i guess i would have to format my sdcard and start with a fresh install . the official firmware is 16.0.2

@l7777

recently the problem that arose is when i try to load the cfw , it gives an error

"" a fatal error occured while running Atmosphere.
Title ID: 0100 .........................
Error Desc: std: abort ( ) called (0xffe)
Report Saved to / atmosphere /fatal _error s/report _00000....
Press POWER to reboot ""

this seems as if i would have to do a clean install after formatting my card . Is there a link that could help me with making a clean install for 16.0.2 and should i format the card on fat32 ?

thanks

Last edited by hazqaz,

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is unpatched and another issue i see is that i somehow messed up some file in the sd card so i think i have to start from the scratch and copy files and folders . I also updated the official firmware to 16.0.2.

Is there a tutorial on how to start from the scratch and install the cfw for 16.0.2 ? thanks in advance.

@Sphaa

thanks for the info , i cant find the TegraExplorer , sighpathes etc. is there a link that prescribes the whole process from the scratch ? i guess i would have to format my sdcard and start with a fresh install . the official firmware is 16.0.2

@l7777

recently the problem that arose is when i try to load the cfw , it gives an error

"" a fatal error occured while running Atmosphere.
Title ID: 0100 .........................
Error Desc: std: abort ( ) called (0xffe)
Report Saved to / atmosphere /fatal _error s/report _00000....
Press POWER to reboot ""

this seems as if i would have to do a clean install after formatting my card . Is there a link that could help me with making a clean install for 16.0.2 and should i format the card on fat32 ?

thanks
The guide I linked says upgrade, but it will work for an empty card as well. You should simply be able to rename the atmosphere and bootloader folders to atmosphere.bak and bootloader.bak then copy current things in place to effectively get a clean insall.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the latest JKSV from GitHub. You can use this to backup your saves to have in the likely case that you screw this up. It's a save manager. Put the JKSV homebrew on your Switch. Use it to backup all your saves and then copy those backups to your PC, just in case.

Download the latest Atmosphere from GitHub. Copy everything from the atmosphere zip file to the root of your SD card. It should overwrite a bunch of files.

Download the latest Hekate from GitHub. Copy everything from the Hekate zip to the root of your SD card. It should overwrite files.

Download fusee.bin from the Atmosphere Github
If you have an RCM One, plug your RCM One into your computer via the microUSB port
rename fusee.bin to payload.bin and put it in the HEKATE/ATMOSPHERE folder on the RCM One, replacing the old file.
If you don't have an RCM One, find instructions on where to put fusee.bin for whatever loader you use.

Download the latest switch firmware from a website that sounds like a Sithlord (can't link to copyrighted material here).
Create a new folder on the root of your SD card called 'Firmware 16.0.2'
Put all of the little firmware files that you downloaded from said website in there.

Download the latest sigpatches and match the files with the following directories:
switch_sd/bootloader/patches.ini
switch_sd/atmosphere/exefs_patches
switch_sd/atmosphere/kip_patches

Then, put your SD card back in your Switch, boot into emuNAND, and update via Daybreak.

Reactions: Dangy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c