Hacking UPDATING Outdated Games on 4.1.0

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair the info I put out was only sprinkled through a few other threads, and unless they cared about Kirby updates or what firmware games required, they may have missed it. And seemshow the search function is kinda garbage it wouldn't surprise me that they didn't find it through search either, especially given that I never made a new thread for it.
I do agree the search here can be cluttered but If that's the case we can expect more threads recycling documented info I suppose.

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 update 1.3.1 is NOT advised. Could potentially update the system. Tested Myself

Kirby update NOT advised. Could potentially update the system. Tested myself.

Super Mario Odyssey update 1.2.0 is SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself.

NBA 2K18 update 1.07 SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 UPDATE 1.09.00 SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 1.5.0 SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself. Not 100% sure on if DLC can be included.

Will include this info in the OP as soon as possible along with other game comparability with update versions.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 update 1.3.1 is NOT advised. Could potentially update the system. Tested Myself

Super Mario Odyssey update 1.2.0 is SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself.

NBA 2K18 update 1.07 SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 UPDATE 1.09.00 SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 1.5.0 SAFE to update. The system should not force an update. Tested myself. Not 100% sure on if DLC can be included.

Will include this info in the OP as soon as possible along with other game comparability with update versions.
Perfect. Good work!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ChillAlch

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks for this info!

Can anybody find out whether Rocket League can be updated?

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Does this method still work with Splatoon 2?

Depends what version of the Game you are trying to update to.

If the Game update requires a system version higher it may update. Keep an eye if you go to transfer you'll be able to tell if system update is included.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Didn't read the whole thread *SHAMEONME*
But, will this method also work for Game Content?
I recently bought LA Noire on Cartridge, and didn't know that this Game needs additional files...

As long as the Game update you are transferring doesn't require/apply a system update it should be ok. I do not know for sure.

I can confirm that NBA 2k18 was the same where you could only play one on one. No main menus or online without additional game data. I was able to transfer game data from another switch, game data for NBA 2k18 which did not require a system update for the game update.

You'll notice if the system update is being transferred with the Game data. You'll see something about system update, don't quote me. If it's just game update then you may be in luck.

This method may just be your solution, was for NBA 2k18 cartridge game data was required. All good now. Good luck.

Some say this method is risky but my how many people it has helped and get out of a jam.

As always people just be cautious of game updates that require or also include system updates. Only a select few to worry about for now, kirby latest update, Xeonoblade Chronicles 2 latest update, few others.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This isn't really a serious problem anymore as we've been told 5.x will still be compatible with CFW. It's still recommended to stay 4.1 or less for convenience, but not the end of the world if you want to update and enjoy your Switch for the next few months.

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
This isn't really a serious problem anymore as we've been told 5.x will still be compatible with CFW. It's still recommended to stay 4.1 or less for convenience, but not the end of the world if you want to update and enjoy your Switch for the next few months.

Nothing has been confirmed about being able to do the same things on CFW for 4.1.0 and 5.0.1

May be some limitations, maybe you have to apply a mod to start cfw from each boot on 5.0.1

We don't know what the inconvenience is between the two. I have 2 switches and waiting. Having 2 switches on 5.0.1 you can not play games without deactivating the account for eshop games, stupid limitation for families.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing has been confirmed about being able to do the same things on CFW for 4.1.0 and 5.0.1

May be some limitations, maybe you have to apply a mod to start cfw from each boot on 5.0.1

We don't know what the inconvenience is between the two. I have 2 switches and waiting. Having 2 switches on 5.0.1 you can not play games without deactivating the account for eshop games, stupid limitation for families.
Not only has it been confirmed but Kate even said the "inconvenience" is not worth having 2 switches.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not only has it been confirmed but Kate even said the "inconvenience" is not worth having 2 switches.

Not fully, you can transfer a lot of game updates from a second switch. Eventually I'm sure I'll be able to copy my sd card for one switch to the other. In theory allowing me to play multiple games on two systems simultaneously.

I'd say having one updated switch and one downgraded for cfw sounds extremely convenient. Best of both worlds haha

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not fully, you can transfer a lot of game updates from a second switch. Eventually I'm sure I'll be able to copy my sd card for one switch to the other. In theory allowing me to play multiple games on two systems simultaneously.

I'd say having one updated switch and one downgraded for cfw sounds extremely convenient. Best of both worlds haha
I prefer to think of it as a safety against getting banned. There's no way I would go online with a cfw Switch so if that's why you want 2 then I get it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer to think of it as a safety against getting banned. There's no way I would go online with a cfw Switch so if that's why you want 2 then I get it.

When you advise not going online with cfw do you mean period, in regards to eshop and playing games online.

Can't understand why you'd get banned for say downloading a game you played for from the eshop on cfw

Payed***

Having a second switch makes most sense to put cfw on it. Either that or buy games twice on separate accounts. Nintendo needs to figure this out for families with more then 1 system.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you advise not going online with cfw do you mean period, in regards to eshop and playing games
I'm not advising it just saying I personally wouldn't do it. In fact, since I would only have one switch, I still don't know if I'll even install CFW when it comes out. I really don't want a ban if I'm paying for an online service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself.