huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
The 'compatibility list' is useful for newers.
Even I played a lot of nes/fc games, but I dont know their 'English Names'. There are even Japanese names..
The 'compatibility list' now does not classify the games well. As many websites used, the wiki should use the 'GoodNES' list and a list out of it, not due to the distribution area.
I suggest that every game MUST have a English game. a list would be like this:
'game tile(En)' | 'distribution area(En)' | 'native name(J or E or others)' | 'Mapper' | 'other infos' |

I tried to get the English titiles of some games I'm sure work fine on nesDS from google, but I cannot find them in the 'compatibility list', that means the 'compatibility list' is some kind of sh**.
Here is a link:http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6392
Although the list is not well shown, but it is very useful, as it contains the info players care.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i completed that project using goodnes 3.10. there have been updates since then and i am sure some names have changed. the names in that list were copy and pasted from the directory while i was doing the testing, but there could still be typos or mistakes. that list wasn't perfect and it was never 100% complete. it was mostly for my own needs while i tried to discover exactly what roms i should keep on my flash kits. i only published it so that it could be used as a reference by other nesds gamers.

a more honest description of my compatibility list can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/81903-nesds-compatibility-list/

as for the wiki...
goodnes collects everything, such as hacks, bad dumps, alternate dumps, etc. perhaps something like a tosec collection or no-intro should be used? unless they do not represent a full collection of known nes carts. also, while testing, don't forget the pirated cart roms that cah4e3 has been collecting for the fami dumping project. many of those files are new and not yet in any "good" or "full set" collections. he has been coding a fork of fceultra that supports the pirated games, it would be nice to see them included in not only the wiki but also fully supported by nesds.

regards,
-another world

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get this working. Here's some more info: The r4i-sdhc is a DSTT clone. Wood4TT (Wood R4 for DSTT and clones) runs. I am using a self-made patch on WOOD4TT implementing the WoodR4 1.49 updates to Wood4TT 1.25 (Latest made version). To run Wood I renamed TTMENU.DAT to WOOD4TT.dat. When running nesDS, I get the "device failed" message. At least now it boots. Wood will run my ROMS, and homebrews not needing FAT access.
Would it be possible to fix? :blink:

EDIT: I have now linked the problem with WOOD4TT's DLDI interfering with the R4i-SDHC's auto-patching.
Apparently, DLDIwiki has extracted the DLDI file for R4i-SDHC, but both links to it are inoperable. :huh: If anyone has found the file, can somebody please upload it?
I would be able to experience 8-bit nostalgia if I had that file. If problems persisted, all I would have to do is DLDI Auto No Patch WOOD4TT. :sleep:

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It seems that the only solution for you is to use an
older version of nesds, I had the same problem and
only solved when I bought an acekard2i, i think that humminghao don't have a card clone to test.

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello huiminghao! Could you support Super Mario Bros 2 Lost Levels? I would love to play it on NesDS, but it doesn't work. Only main screen appear and when I want to start game, black screen appear and after few second main screen appear again. I hope you can do it and once again I want to thank you!

D

Deleted-236924

Hello huiminghao! Could you support Super Mario Bros 2 Lost Levels? I would love to play it on NesDS, but it doesn't work. Only main screen appear and when I want to start game, black screen appear and after few second main screen appear again. I hope you can do it and once again I want to thank you!
It should work normally.

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Have you tried a different ROM? Maybe you have a bad download?

I also had a problem with a classic game. I couldn't get Kirby's Adventure (US ROM) to work. I was advised to try a ROM from a different region. I tried the European ROM and It then worked faultlessly.

Hope this helps... :)

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello huiminghao, it would be possible to change the menu in [file] screen, on bottom says: [load slot:xx and save slot:xx] i think that is best replace for just: current slot:xx with his incrase-decrase, What happens that is it's a bit confusing sometimes for separate, well, just a suggestion, maybe others think differently, thanks!

Pd. zorri vad english

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I see the slot thing. I will change that..
Also I want to get the log table thing back, make the sound emulation more like the real console...
Any suggestion is welcome~

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I see the slot thing. I will change that..
Also I want to get the log table thing back, make the sound emulation more like the real console...
Any suggestion is welcome~

Hi, thanks for listening to our requests, and I
have other, it would be possible to change
the black background for a blue like the s8ds or
any other color, and if is possible that in the state saves screen display the date and time (of creation) of the current save state or in a separate list, thank a lot for your great job in this great emulator, is very relaxing play nes games, and more if the emulation is near the perfection like this, thanks!!

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
The new nesDS does not support nsf file, and I think the original either. I would have a try on that.
A new nesDSr115 is on sf.net.

I would like to see a cheat search function for an unknown amount like in PocketNES. Other than that, I think NesDS is perfect.
unknown amount? The nesDS supports map(?), increase(+) and decrease(-). I think that would help.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The new nesDS does not support nsf file, and I think the original either. I would have a try on that.

ty for the update huiming...but i found the r115 only on filrtrip tho :s
Anw i would like to ask if by any chance you could make the touchscreen or the menu actually a bit more colorful.
Or could you add a picture or two while we load the application?Man the emul works at its best i know but these things are only for making a bit better appealing on the eye

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland

Anw i would like to ask if by any chance you could make the touchscreen or the menu actually a bit more colorful.
Or could you add a picture or two while we load the application?Man the emul works at its best i know but these things are only for making a bit better appealing on the eye
I just watched the code about playing nsf files, I am sure it will be supported in the future. Just wait..
I just want the nesds to be a single file, a image is too big for that, other than a additional folder and other files are needed.. I am lazy on doing that....
Maybe I will do that, not promised...

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I just watched the code about playing nsf files, I am sure it will be supported in the future. Just wait..
I just want the nesds to be a single file, a image is too big for that, other than a additional folder and other files are needed.. I am lazy on doing that....

awwww ;p no worries mate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: