Hacking Updated 4.3E softmodded Wii with Zelda Skyward Sword disc update.

PokeNewSS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello.

I wanted to play The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword with a retail disc and it prompted me to update my already 4.3E Wii. I don't know why it was necessary since the Wii version did not change. Anyway, the Homebrew channel was left unusable, as I read would happen. It does not bother me very much, as I have found out that I am not using the softmod at all ever since I installed it.

I made a back-up of my nand and keys as recommended before softmodding and I would like to know if I could restore my nand with bootmii in order to revert my Wii to essentially the way it was before I softmodded it, and then remove bootmii and reinstall the disc update via Skyward Sword.

Would this work to return my Wii to the way it was? Am I missing something?

I would really appreciate your input before I brick it or something.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I understand, you have a softmodded wii and you want to update to play a game that need an higher firmware, right ?
If yes why not use an homebrew like usbloader gx or uloader to launch the disc and skip the update ?

PokeNewSS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If I understand, you have a softmodded wii and you want to update to play a game that need an higher firmware, right ?
If yes why not use an homebrew like usbloader gx or uloader to launch the disc and skip the update ?

Not exactly. My Wii was 4.3E. But it still wanted to update when I introduced the disc Zelda Skyward Sword.

So I pressed "yes" and it updated. The version of my Wii did not change. But the Homebrew Channel is useless now. I suspect the update has removed the homebrew.

I am asking if it would be better if I restored my NAND back-up via bootmii. Would my Wii be back to how it was before the softmod?
Thank you.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not exactly. My Wii was 4.3E. But it still wanted to update when I introduced the disc Zelda Skyward Sword.

So I pressed "yes" and it updated. The version of my Wii did not change. But the Homebrew Channel is useless now. I suspect the update has removed the homebrew.

I am asking if it would be better if I restored my NAND back-up via bootmii. Would my Wii be back to how it was before the softmod?
Thank you.
Just reinstall the HBC (It'll not brick but IF it happens, you have a nand backup so do what you want ^^)
re-install hbc should be fine

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you.
the game must have relied on an IOS you had overwritten

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy