Update 4.88 to 4.89Evilnat,disk replace and question about QA flags

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I know what I need to do, but I always like to check. Ive have a ps3 slim on 4.88 evilnat and it just been left for several months due to me using another PS3 and a family member in accident. Anyway I need to 1} replace the drive ( it playing up) and 2} update to latest 4.89 Cobra 3 so my nephew can have it and be online.
To replace the hard drive (Im not worried to save any data, as he be using a new account) - am I right in thinking I can place new drive into PS3 as it formats on update, 2 use a usb drive with latest 4.89 cobra3 on it - in folder PS3/UPDATE and rename it PS3UPDAT.PUP ??? (oh yeah do a Checksum check) Then boot into safe mode and run it.. Have I got this right? oh yes (enable QA flags) hmmm where do I do this as I see it was a program to download a year or 2 back, this is the thing I think I need most conformation about .. How and where to enable..
Also I was wondering, as don't follow all what going on with ps3 like I used to. Will there be anything I need to know that's changed etc ??
I did ask about this a few months ago, but as i say I do like to double check facts, instead of coming back with problems and being told - oh you should have done this or that first.
;)

Many thanks if you've read this and even bigger thanks if you replay .. Cheers
Sorry if this been asked/answered before, I just do like to confirm things myself.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, that's the way to update after installing a new hdd. I don't think you need to reinstall the firmware if it's a nand version though.

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, that's the way to update after installing a new hdd. I don't think you need to reinstall the firmware if it's a nand version though.
Many thanks !! do you know about the QA Flags ? as I remember someone saying these important.. and all I found so far is older reference about not being able to downgrade on 4.77 or something like that..
Ill be honest, I not looked in the menus deeply and hoping there's a choice in there ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle