Hacking UPDATE 4.0.0 RELEASED

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if my local exchange has SM Odyssey next Friday and there is no word that sounds promising (I'm betting there won't be any), I'm immediately updating and not looking back.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video feature works like Shadow Play. It saves the past 30 seconds of gameplay. It doesn't record your actual current play. I hope nintendo adds a realtime recording with unlimited length in the future.

So all hyped for nothing when they announced video recording back then...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure if already said but after updating to 4.0 make sure you update your joycons in the controller settings. They will both update one by one but only after installing 4.0.
I wish they would say what the update for the controllers do.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what the controller updates do too. I have the problem that my left Joycon has either less battery life or it just stops charging at 80%.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal that controllers get updates like the system does? I mean I never heard of this before until I got nvidia shield stuff. I dunno what is for nor understand it. I mean unless they gonna do something new that they already don't do, i just feel confused. :unsure:

RyleWeststar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And look how well the Gamecube sold compared to the weaker PS2 and Xbox back then. Power didn't help sales, so yeah. Anyways, I'm done here, this trivial discussion benefits neither of us. Gamecube slaughtered the PS2 in raw power, and yet only sold 1/5 of what the PS2 sold, hmm, intriguing!
What sold the PS2 in Poland was the same reason the PS1 did well (and by extension why Pegasus - A Famicom clone sold really well too). It was the ease of use in piracy. You could buy pirated games for pennies in the local markets. The other consoles sold badly because you couldn't do that with them. Plus, it was also a DVD player during a time when DVD players were expensive. You could buy the consoles pre-chipped even!

Last edited by RyleWeststar,

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Then maybe you should've never gotten one, since, you know, this is clearly not aimed at you and this like-minded demographic. What the actual hell do you expect from a portable/tablet, PS4 Pro equivalent power? Please let me know when you can find a portable with that power, that's 300 dollars, and has a good battery.

At least back up your criticisms next time.

- Micro SD cards are only what, 20 dollars for 64 GB? If you can spend 300 dollars, you can get an SD card.
- The games are fine as-is, so are the ports, again, what do you expect with a portable hybrid console?
- WiFi works fine on my end, don't use a shitty ISP or router and you're fine
- 90% is hyperbole, anyone can make up statistics, At least back up your BS claims.

"Weak as balls"

Gee, really? Did you expect a quad core Intel Extreme i9 processor with 32 GB of RAM and an SLI setup with two 8 GB GTX Titan 1080 GPUs? Oh dear, this console really isn't for you. It's a bloody portable/hybrid console, stop bitching about the hardware not being up to your ridiculous standards. At least try to come up with a compelling argument instead of something half-assed and come across as bitter, I'll be waiting.

Bit late to reply, but the GDP Win 2 is a great alternative to the switch. It's more powerful, more portable and runs windows.

Runs GTA5 at a steady 30 fps with no problem, and your esport games such as league, dota and CSGO well above 60fps
CPU: Intel Core M3 7y30
RAM: 4 GB / 8 GB
Storage: 128 GB SSD
~$450-500

Last edited by VuuI,

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys lack self control, i'm not updating till Bloodborne 2 released on Switch.

Jokes aside, it all comes down to what the individual values more. Some want homebrew for whatever reason seems good enough for them, while others want to play games that require higher firmware revisions.
Hell, some wanted both so they purchased more than one Switch.

There are no wrong conclusions, because they are opinions and opinions are subjective.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hell not,my baby still on 3.0.1 and the second one on 2.3.0 go and update your console yourself and have fun baby
If you have two why aren't you updating the 3.0.1 Switch?...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You what?
I think he may have watched the 30c3 conference and thought LOLhax actually existed instead of being a joke

Reactions: pelago

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, Switch homebrew just isn't worth it. The Switch is far more enjoyable without it.

You guys gotta agree with me on this, at least.

That's exactly my thought now. Next week's Mario Odyssey release is going to be brutal for people waiting on hacks. I'm slowly contemplating updating and not looking back myself. Honestly when you own a plethora of portable hacked consoles what is the most someone will get out of hacking the Switch? I guess the ability to play back ups which would be nice, but still. Ahh it's killing me and I'm still on 2.2.0. I haven't touched the Switch since Mario Kart 8 came out as that was the last game that was worth it to buy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto