OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Hello guys!
I recently managed to change my O3DS LL (Jap) 9.4J emuNAND to 9.5U. I followed the following steps (from this guide):

1. Installing rxTool, Booted into its menu, then chose generate fat16.xorpad option.
2. Downloaded 9.5 firmware using 3DSNUS, deleted all the .cias starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138. Actually I used a script to do that. I really have no idea why do I have to do this.
2. Booted into emuNAND, opened dev menu, installed all the remaining cia for the firmware.
3. After the install successfully done, I turned off the 3DS, took out the card, extracted emuNAND using emuNAND tool 1.0.3
4. Using Secure infor tool, I injected a public secure infor US into my emuNAND, along with that fat16.xorpad generated before from the LL console.
5. Reinjected that emuNAND into SD, booted up console > saw duplicate icons, put them all into a folder but not deleting them.

But the problem is that 9.5U swapped firmware on my LL is so unstable that it freeze every time I open an application such as Game notes, Notifications, browser,... then get back to home menu. Even cia games in US region freeze opening up.

Is there any step taken above wrong? Or its just it is not 100% stable at the time?

jhiean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys!
I recently managed to change my O3DS LL (Jap) 9.4J emuNAND to 9.5U. I followed the following steps (from this guide):

1. Installing rxTool, Booted into its menu, then chose generate fat16.xorpad option.
2. Downloaded 9.5 firmware using 3DSNUS, deleted all the .cias starting with0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138. Actually I used a script to do that. I really have no idea why do I have to do this.
2. Booted into emuNAND, opened dev menu, installed all the remaining cia for the firmware.
3. After the install successfully done, I turned off the 3DS, took out the card, extracted emuNAND using emuNAND tool 1.0.3
4. Using Secure infor tool, I injected a public secure infor US into my emuNAND, along with that fat16.xorpad generated before from the LL console.
5. Reinjected that emuNAND into SD, booted up console > saw duplicate icons, put them all into a folder but not deleting them.

But the problem is that 9.5U swapped firmware on my LL is so unstable that it freeze every time I open an application such as Game notes, Notifications, browser,... then get back to home menu. Even cia games in US region freeze opening up.

Is there any step taken above wrong? Or its just it is not 100% stable at the time?

yes after you changed your region you will seen duplicates and when you open your jap app to your newly changed US emunand it will freeze you will need to delete the jap app

Reactions: Obi123

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The dupped apps who make problems are
Streetpass Mii Plaza
Mii Maker
AR Games
You HAVE to delete them with BigRedMenu, otherwise it gonna crash and burn every once a while. I can tell you, because I've done WORSE than that.
QSj71jW.jpg

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
The dupped apps who make problems are
Streetpass Mii Plaza
Mii Maker
AR Games
You HAVE to delete them with BigRedMenu, otherwise it gonna crash and burn every once a while. I can tell you, because I've done WORSE than that.
QSj71jW.jpg

Thanks mate, I deleted them all before, with big red menu. But it doesn't do anything, sadly. I never touch them either. I'm currently having issue booting specific games and apps. Notifications, game notes... they boot fine but stuck when I get back to home screen. How is yours? Is it working good?
hmm.. try to start a fresh new one again.. what cfw are you using?
I'm using GW emuNand. I've tried to redo the progress few times but no help :( Are you guys getting it to work?

jhiean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try dual nand
Thanks mate, I deleted them all before, with big red menu. But it doesn't do anything, sadly. I never touch them either. I'm currently having issue booting specific games and apps. Notifications, game notes... they boot fine but stuck when I get back to home screen. How is yours? Is it working good?
I'm using GW emuNand. I've tried to redo the progress few times but no help :( Are you guys getting it to work?
try dual nand CFW plus RXNAND

jhiean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

mine also when i tried to go to notifications, friends list, internet browser even when i push turn off button and when i push the home button stuck at home menu, i don't know the soulution also... but it doesn't really matter at me, i'll just reset my console..

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well that depends on what you are deleting. If you are region swapping you need to delete all the titleIDs of the region you don't want. For example you changed region to USA, so you have to remove title IDs that belong to Europe if you have a Europe console. Look on 3DBrew as they have a page that shows all the titleIDs for a given region.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!

2. Downloaded 9.5 firmware using 3DSNUS, deleted all the .cias starting with0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138. Actually I used a script to do that. I really have no idea why do I have to do this.

format the 3ds inside of emunand. That worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1