Hacking Unregisting active console for download

khara02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got my second switch for the purpose of playing new games, online games and such.
And I want to unregister active console for download from my first switch on fw 3.0.0 to register on the second switch that I got new.

I three ways of doing that,
1. update my first switch to 4.0.2 and use account transfer function.
2. connect to e-Shop with my first switch and unregister from the option there.
3. factory reset my first switch while it's connected to the internet.

Now, I want my first switch keep 3.0.0 fw. so obviously the option 1 and probably 2 are not adopted.
for 3, I don't want to lose my save data and I'm also scared of upgrading to the current fw at the end while it needs to be oline.

Will option 3 force the console update? or is there any other way?

Tuxymamoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my second switch for the purpose of playing new games, online games and such.
And I want to unregister active console for download from my first switch on fw 3.0.0 to register on the second switch that I got new.

I three ways of doing that,
1. update my first switch to 4.0.2 and use account transfer function.
2. connect to e-Shop with my first switch and unregister from the option there.
3. factory reset my first switch while it's connected to the internet.

Now, I want my first switch keep 3.0.0 fw. so obviously the option 1 and probably 2 are not adopted.
for 3, I don't want to lose my save data and I'm also scared of upgrading to the current fw at the end while it needs to be oline.

Will option 3 force the console update? or is there any other way?

I recently went through this. Long story short, I called Nintendo and had them deactivate my first console and reactivated on my new one. Will probably be where you land too.

To answer your question, resetting per step 3 didn't actually unregister my console, although it did restore it. When i did it, i couldnt log into eshop either on my first console since I wasn't updated, so i had to call nintendo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I recently went through this. Long story short, I called Nintendo and had them deactivate my first console and reactivated on my new one. Will probably be where you land too.

To answer your question, resetting per step 3 didn't actually unregister my console, although it did restore it. When i did it, i couldnt log into eshop either on my first console since I wasn't updated, so i had to call nintendo.

Restoring didnt update my first console either (it stayed on 2.0).

Reactions: khara02

khara02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Restoring didnt update my first console either (it stayed on 2.0).

Thank you for your reply,
Did you reset while it's online?
And you manage to get your save data on your first console that's been reset without updating the fw correct?
What about the update patches that was on that console?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Funny bone is the name of a chocolate and peanut butter cake :P