Unofficial Hakchi2/Manual Hacking Thread

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the most recent build? Let me know how it fares :D
Everything flashed back just fine :). I believe this is definitely a superior version to the BRAC one now. It has two player support from what I can see and also folder support. Also all I had to do was drag and drop my zipped roms and they were added without issue.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything flashed back just fine :). I believe this is definitely a superior version to the BRAC one now. It has two player support from what I can see and also folder support.

Sweet! I heard the folder glitch (as stated by @Liriel in the other thread) was recently fixed, I'll wait for the next version :P I think though once it's compiled, I'll ask someone via PM.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! I heard the folder glitch (as stated by @Liriel in the other thread) was recently fixed, I'll wait for the next version :P I think though once it's compiled, I'll ask someone via PM.
From what I can tell all that's left is to fix some things with available space on the system for roms and maybe rom compression itself. Oh and this build keeps the original 21 games like you wanted.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. This new version is the easiest to use yet though.

What if the ROMs I have are already in their folders with the cover art, zipped, etc (I have the original 21 that I got from a guide that no longer has them included, and 8 others I want to add). Can I still use
this elusive build, and I assume it dumps and flashes just fine? Too bad there's no link for the download though, can I ask for it via PM? IDK XD Sorry for the questions, just making sure this RC build is okay to use, don't want to end up bricking.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if the ROMs I have are already in their folders with the cover art, zipped, etc (I have the original 21 that I got from a guide that no longer has them included, and 8 others I want to add). Can I still use
this elusive build, and I assume it dumps and flashes just fine? Too bad there's no link for the download though, can I ask for it via PM? IDK XD Sorry for the questions, just making sure this RC build is okay to use, don't want to end up bricking.

With the latest build you could probably manually put them into hackchi but that's not necessary. All you need are the unzipped games to add. The original 21 come with the newest build. It dumps and flashes just fine.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like new builds are rolling out regularly now. I think I've done enough tinkering for myself until the official build comes out today or tomorrow.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure he said today or tomorrow. I'll be working tomorrow so I've got no reason to keep trying these unnofficial ones that come out :)

Yeah, also the time zone is quite far ahead of Eastern Standard Time or where live, Mountain Standard, so yeah, so close though, I can't wait ^_^ :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give the R2 or BRAC one a shot. As long as you're kernal is dumped you're safe.

Failing that, there are ways of getting the kernel from another source, hopefully I don't have to do that, and contrary to what was said, the latest RC doesn't come with the original 21 games, sadly. At least, none that I can see, oh well XD I do have a backup of those I found elsewhere, since there's no tutorial on dumping the 21 games anywhere to be found.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Failing that, there are ways of getting the kernel from another source, hopefully I don't have to do that, and contrary to what was said, the latest RC doesn't come with the original 21 games, sadly. At least, none that I can see, oh well XD I do have a backup of those I found elsewhere, since there's no tutorial on dumping the 21 games anywhere to be found.

Erm...whut?

Hakchi has never 'come with' any games. What was meant is that it allows the stock 21 games to appear in the console game picklist without having to duplicate the ROMs yourself and waste storage.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm...whut?

Hakchi has never 'come with' any games. What was meant is that it allows the stock 21 games to appear in the console game picklist without having to duplicate the ROMs yourself and waste storage.

Wait, so I don't need to include the 21 games in the "games" folder? That whatever games I add will still show up with the ones preinstalled? I guess that changed or something. Huh. I knew previously in the BRAC build, you had to include them when you synced with the Snes Classic NAND. Well, that makes it a helluva lot easier.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: so sad