Hacking Question Unknown pkg1 version error for no aparent reason

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

For no aparent reason, my Switch when trying to boot sysnand (CFW) or simply sysnand, the error "Unknown pkg1 version. Not yet supported HOS version! Failed to launch HOS!" but hours ago, last night, it worked perfectly (both booting sysnand and emunand). Oh, by the way, booting emunand works just fine.

I thought that perhaps it could be a version problem, so I wen to sdsetup to get the latest Kosmos release available, and updated my switch files but the error persists, so I am not sure how to follow. Any ideas?

I didn't have installed any NSPs nor updated anything prior to this update I did because of the error in perhaps two or three weeks. So yeah, it happened from:
-> In SysNand:
--> Playing Animal Crossing
--> Let Switch in stand by (with internet connection)
--> Try to wake up the Switch but it kind of wake up rebooted with this error.
--> Updated the files with latest Kosmos in sdsetup.
--> Error still persists.

What I am using at the moment:

- Hekate 5.1.3
- Atmosphere 0.10.5, Kosmos 15.4

Not working:
- Both CFW Sysnand and Stock Sysnand options.
- Sysnand FW 9.2.0 (unless my girlfriend who told me she didn't) updated to 10.0 yesterday or the switch updated alone, which I don't think it is the case because AutoRCM is still enabled.

Working:
- EmuMMC
- FW 9.2.0

Thank you for your help!

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello!

For no aparent reason, my Switch when trying to boot sysnand (CFW) or simply sysnand, the error "Unknown pkg1 version. Not yet supported HOS version! Failed to launch HOS!" but hours ago, last night, it worked perfectly (both booting sysnand and emunand). Oh, by the way, booting emunand works just fine.

I thought that perhaps it could be a version problem, so I wen to sdsetup to get the latest Kosmos release available, and updated my switch files but the error persists, so I am not sure how to follow. Any ideas?

I didn't have installed any NSPs nor updated anything prior to this update I did because of the error in perhaps two or three weeks. So yeah, it happened from:
-> In SysNand:
--> Playing Animal Crossing
--> Let Switch in stand by (with internet connection)
--> Try to wake up the Switch but it kind of wake up rebooted with this error.
--> Updated the files with latest Kosmos in sdsetup.
--> Error still persists.

What I am using at the moment:

- Hekate 5.1.3
- Atmosphere 0.10.5, Kosmos 15.4

Not working:
- Both CFW Sysnand and Stock Sysnand options.
- Sysnand FW 9.2.0 (unless my girlfriend who told me she didn't) updated to 10.0 yesterday or the switch updated alone, which I don't think it is the case because AutoRCM is still enabled.

Then turn off AutoRCM and check if really your system is not updated to 10.0.0, if you don't mind burned fuses.

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Then turn off AutoRCM and check if really your system is not updated to 10.0.0, if you don't mind burned fuses.

Yeah, I'd do that, the problem is that I don't have any way to turn back to RCM at the moment because I lost my jig, unluckily.

joaovictorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can do a jig with a piece of aluminuim foil paper, but i think your girlfriend probably updated it cuz i updated mine
unintentionally and i got the same error. If you discover how to fix please let us know. I think they are already updating the atmosphere considering the changes in some files in the github, but i dont know how to do and i tried but did not succed. sry for any mistype, im from the hell #2 aka brazil. keep us updated please

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do a jig with a piece of aluminuim foil paper, but i think your girlfriend probably updated it cuz i updated mine
unintentionally and i got the same error. If you discover how to fix please let us know. I think they are already updating the atmosphere considering the changes in some files in the github, but i dont know how to do and i tried but did not succed. sry for any mistype, im from the hell #2 aka brazil. keep us updated please

That's exactly my thought. She probably updated unintentionally, but since I don't know, there's nothing I can do about it, haha. And yeah, Atmosphere its being updated at the moment if it hasn't finished, but since I am using Kosmos, I will need to wait for that.

To be honest, I really think that's the problem, that the console has been updated to 10.0.

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. My switch was updated to 10.0.0. My girlfriend says she didn't do it, so, it is possible to be autoupdated or something? Or perhaps Animal Crossing running may have been the issue? I am not sure.

But my solution was: Updating Atmosphere and updating both Hekate payload and Nyx. I can't run CFW Sysnand because I need sigpatches, but at least, Stock sysnand works flawlessly. :)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot about it, but my switch got updated and it was on CFWSysnand and was via official methods because I didn't do it and my girlfriend doesn't know how to do it via homebrew.

My point here is that AutoRCM wasn't removed. Any ideas why?

Last edited by Enlapse,

joaovictorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you help me please, Im a noob about switch hacking. I have a new sd, how do i do to use it? i alread installed all the files from atmosphere and hekate files . The Hekate loads but then what do I have to do to install goldleaf and use hbmenu? Which option i have to choose in hekate menu and how do I acess the hbmenu . I loaded stock sysnand and it came back to switch menu. How do i acess hbmenu and goldleaf ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It even load the games i have but when i try to load it crashes and says its not able to open.. help me please man

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay. My switch was updated to 10.0.0. My girlfriend says she didn't do it, so, it is possible to be autoupdated or something? Or perhaps Animal Crossing running may have been the issue? I am not sure.

But my solution was: Updating Atmosphere and updating both Hekate payload and Nyx. I can't run CFW Sysnand because I need sigpatches, but at least, Stock sysnand works flawlessly. :)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot about it, but my switch got updated and it was on CFWSysnand and was via official methods because I didn't do it and my girlfriend doesn't know how to do it via homebrew.

My point here is that AutoRCM wasn't removed. Any ideas why?

To desable the AutoRCm is easy, via hekate menu, isn't it?

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you help me please, Im a noob about switch hacking. I have a new sd, how do i do to use it? i alread installed all the files from atmosphere and hekate files . The Hekate loads but then what do I have to do to install goldleaf and use hbmenu? Which option i have to choose in hekate menu and how do I acess the hbmenu . I loaded stock sysnand and it came back to switch menu. How do i acess hbmenu and goldleaf ?

Okay, do this in this order, and if you have any of these done, just skip to the next:

1. My recomendation is to use Kosmos (www.sdsetup.com) and Hekate as a payload. The problem here is that at the moment, Kosmos is outdated, so getting the latest available version of Kosmos from www.sdsetup.com and then download and update what you downloaded from sdsetup with the latest available version of Atmosphere and Hekate (both can be downloaded from their respective Github repo).
2. Place everything in the root of the SDcard except the payload which will be named something like "Hekate5.1.4" /but the name is not important).
3. Put the SD in yout switch and run the payload to load Hekate in the Switch.
4. Boot whatever nand you want but it needs to have "CFW" in its named.
5. Place the cursor on the gallery and while holding R, press A. Homebrew menu will appear and you have everything you may need there.

Everything else should work. Perhaps you may need to install additional things based in what you do, but you can search that on google.

joaovictorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did everything you said but when i run cfwnand i get a error "failed to apply 'nosigchk'"
"failed to launch hos"

do you hane any idea what ive done wrong?

btw thx for the help

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did everything you said but when i run cfwnand i get a error "failed to apply 'nosigchk'"
"failed to launch hos"

do you hane any idea what ive done wrong?

btw thx for the help

I have that error too, and I made a search on google and it looks like it's a problem with sigpatches, and since sigpatches for 10.0.0 are not yet out (as far as I know), the only solution we have for now is using stock sysnand or wait for the sigpatches.

joaovictorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you say use stock sysnand , you mean like the switch without the hack? Or you can open your hacked downloaded games from the stock sysnand?

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say use stock sysnand , you mean like the switch without the hack? Or you can open your hacked downloaded games from the stock sysnand?

If you are using hekate with nyx, you have three options to boot (three separate buttons):
CFW Sysnand
CFW Emummc
Stock Sysnand

And the button that says "stock sysnand" is what I am refering to.

joaovictorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you are using hekate with nyx, you have three options to boot (three separate buttons):
CFW Sysnand
CFW Emummc
Stock Sysnand

And the button that says "stock sysnand" is what I am refering to.
I got it, but in stock sysnand I can launch homebrew or hacked games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work