Daois

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, this is more for people who live in the UK. I just recently moved here for work and I was wondering where would be some nice places to travel/visit? I really haven't been to much places other than places for work, and for a few English friends' places that I knew from online gaming.

I live near Oxford, if that would set any relative distance for travel and such, but I was just wondering what would be some places any of you guys/girls would recommend.

Thanks!

(loving the exchange rate too.. £1.46:$1 is way better than £2:$1.. since I still get paid in USD.. now to buy some furnitures)

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
someone is happy of our exchange rate!!
rofl2.gif

did u go to the "West field shopping centre"? thats the largest shopping centre ever built in europe, the place is pretty big and crowded!! u should really try that

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Edinburgh is good for a day out, lots of awesome little shops, pubs, castles, a zoo etc.
edinburgh-castle.jpg

You can have a cracking night out on Newcastle's quayside and see things like the Tyne Bridge, the Sage Gateshead, the Millenium Bridge, the Life Science Museum and the Angel of the North
1044_44_77---The-Angel-of-the-North_web.jpg
108738100_dae02c6a14.jpg
newcastle-gb560.jpg

And if you're in to doing a bit of walking and countryside stuff, the Lake District is beautiful
lake%20district.jpeg
lake-district-1.jpg

Although none of these are incredibly close to Oxford
tongue.gif

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
Go to Birmingham, check out all that there is to offer there, and then go to london and to the new westfield shopping center. I went yesterday and its great, planned to spend like 50 quid. Left with a Macbook Pro, after student discount came to 1500 quid, not good
smile.gif

Daois

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hrm.. so many things to do. I would love to go to Scotland and distance really isn't a problem with all the trains and such. I also have a car, so even if I were to drive, it still wouldn't be so bad. I'm from the US, so driving 10+ hours in one go just to get someplace isn't new to me.

I'm also going to try to plan a trip to London sometime soon. I wanted to go to the meet-up, but I learned about it a bit late, so I didn't really have the time to get ready for it/get time off work for it.

Soooo, anyone want to be my UK tour guide?
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock