OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbrumble.info
XP
Country
Hello all,
I have darkcorp installing onto my Wii, which I did back when Monster Hunter Tri first came out (it was the only way to play it without a usb loader).
I have since then realised that it is altogether very annoying (i cannot load my normal games using the normal disc channel).
I have been away from the wii hacking scene for a good while now, and I just want get some advice on what to do.

How can I uninstall Darkcorp please?

I heard that it would reset my IOSs to the original official versions or something, what would that mean for me?
I have a soft-modded bannerbombed wii, forgotten the version but it is PAL. I have bootmii on boot2 and I have a NAND backup from a while ago.

Any tips and help will be greatly appreciated!

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sent you a PM to a link to uninstalling darkcorp from another site, not sure if they allow linking to other sites so ill just pm it
tongue.gif
... So just follow that link its from another reputable wiihacking site the the info should be good, but read thru it to make sure the info is up to date (was last updated 03-22-2011).

After you follow that guide and remove darkcorp go to Modmii for Windows This link is the offical thread for modmii so all the info about it is there. Grab modmii which will download all the latest hacking files for you and generate a guide for you to follow to rehack your wii to the newest revisions and newer sm (say 4.1) if you want to upgrade. You can keep it at your current version if you want.

There is also this thread Soft Mod any Wii 4.3 & Below if you want to do it the old fashion way.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BlazeShaman said:
I heard that it would reset my IOSs to the original official versions or something, what would that mean for me?
I'm not familiar with the darkcorp uninstaller, but it sounds about what it should do.

Roughly said: your wii handles its in- and output by a series of IOS'es. These are comparable to a PC's BIOS, except that it has many. They have security built in that can detect backup discs and refuse to play them. Early versions of those IOS had a bug in them that allowed those discs (or other unsigned content) to be played nonetheless.

Nintendo has long patched these IOS, but considering how convenient it is for pirates, those newer IOS'es are hacked to include that bug. Darkcorp is pretty much a collection of all the (latest?) IOS'es a wii contains, except that it has that bug programmed back into it.

The installation overwrote all your current IOS, which is the reason why you cannot simply uninstall it: the wii needs those things for everything. that's why 'uninstalling' darkcorp basically means 'overwriting them with clean copies'.

Those clean copies of the IOS will certainly allow you to play retail discs. It will not allow playing backup discs, but that doesn't really matter. Because not only does the wii have multiple IOS'es, it also has empty spaces where you can install...well, just about anything (nintendo even likes to install empty code there
wink.gif
). If you install a recent cIOS in slot 249 and get neogamma, you can play backup discs that way.
smile.gif

(note: I was under the impression that darkcorp could play retail & backup discs alike...guess I was wrong).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Darkcorp is supposed to be able to play both backup and retail discs... odd.

Anyways, if you're planning on using ModMii, it will automatically overwrite\uninstall darkcorp (unless u turn off the update active IOSs option), so there's no need to bother with the darkcorp uninstaller

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1