Homebrew Unhackable Wii? Does it really exist?

Luigimitsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't believe it was true, but I recently hacked 20 Wii's (no exaggeration, literally more than 20). Out of all of these Wii's, there is only one which I couldn't get the letterbomb exploit to show up on, no matter how much I tried. I was going to do the bathaxx, but when I insert the SD card it says something like it cannot use this SD card. Is this Wii really unhackable? If there is some way I can hack this I'd love to know.

Riyrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might have something to do with SDHC cards and old Wii firmware which does not support it. What firmware is it on?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try another SD card? Even one that used to work on my Wii (was even used to hack it) and still works fine on most other devices, just won't work on my Wii (or Wii U) now with an error similar to what you describe.

Luigimitsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably, I am trying this "Note: If it does not work for you (especially with an SDHC card), please try again after reformatting on the Windows command line (Start > Run > cmd) using: format h: /fs:fat /a:4096"
I redownloaded the letterbomb files several extra times, and used more than 1 SD card. I did buy all of these Wii's as "faulty" though, so there is most likely something wrong with it, usually they just don't read discs.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unhackable Wii? That's weird the only Wii I know unhackable is the Wii mini. Did you try using Smash Stacks if you have SSBB.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could open up the "unhackable" system and one of the hacked ones and try swapping the SD reader. I've seen replacement Wii SD readers for sale, so I assume it's not impossible, but don't know how complicated it is.

Luigimitsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They seem tricky to open up, I'd need to find the right screw driver. Unfortunately I've lost my PAL SSBB, I can only find my NTSC copy. If I find the PAL copy I'll try it out. The only reason the bad SD slot theory doesn't make sense is the Wii seems to recognize that there is an SD card in there, it just doesn't let me use it.

Actually, I should borrow PAL Brawl from my friend and try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...