Hacking Hardware Homebrew Homebrew app Can't get Hackmii to launch for installing Homebrew channel

Niklas1408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Everyone!

I recently Modded My Wii using The Mod Mii Guide and everything works as intented.
Now i wanted to mod my second wii but i got a weird issue with hackmii

I started the mod mii guide and put everything needed onto my usb and sd and started the Str2hax exploit, after waiting the "Scam" screen shows up but the (Press 1) input never appears after waiting.
I also tried letterbomb but freezes the Wii by pressing on it

Then i tried solving it with the Hackmii solutions guide on Modmii, downloaded everything and put it on my sd card to launch YAWM through the str2hax exploit, also tried putting the yawmMe_Boot.elf into the root of my sd card and still have the same Problem that the (Press 1) input never appears.

I hope everything is understandable and thanks in advance

Niklas1408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Everyone!

I recently Modded My Wii using The Mod Mii Guide and everything works as intented.
Now i wanted to mod my second wii but i got a weird issue with hackmii

I started the mod mii guide and put everything needed onto my usb and sd and started the Str2hax exploit, after waiting the "Scam" screen shows up but the (Press 1) input never appears after waiting.
I also tried letterbomb but freezes the Wii by pressing on it

Then i tried solving it with the Hackmii solutions guide on Modmii, downloaded everything and put it on my sd card to launch YAWM through the str2hax exploit, also tried putting the yawmMe_Boot.elf into the root of my sd card and still have the same Problem that the (Press 1) input never appears.

I hope everything is understandable and thanks in advance

I also saw a thread that involved putting BootMii onto the sd card to See if the Wii has been hacked before and Bootmii appeared, the Wii system menu and BootMii load fine but channels just turn into Black Screens.

Also Saw some posts that involves a potential brick but i am not sure about that because i did not find a thread with a similar issue

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Did u actually install IOS58 from the hackmii solutions wizard before launching the hackmii installer?

U could also try launching the older version of the hackmii installer on their website, it should not be necessary though to use the older version, the method used by the hackmii solutions wizard should work if u followed the steps completely and properly

Edit: also make sure any peripherals other than sd are NOT connected to the Wii or wiimotes. Often this note in the modmii guides is overlooked

Reactions: CoolMe

Niklas1408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did u actually install IOS58 from the hackmii solutions wizard before launching the hackmii installer?

U could also try launching the older version of the hackmii installer on their website, it should not be necessary though to use the older version, the method used by the hackmii solutions wizard should work if u followed the steps completely and properly

Edit: also make sure any peripherals other than sd are NOT connected to the Wii or wiimotes. Often this note in the modmii guides is overlooked
I tried to, i followed HackMii Solutions guide until Step 2 to Launch YAWM using the Bannerbomb method
It says that it should launch YAWM but im still getting the Scam Screen Freeze

Niklas1408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You sure it's a freeze? Also are you using a genuine wii remote (and not some 3rd party one)?
I think its a freeze because the Wii remote doesn't connect and i cant power off the Wii execpt pulling out the cable, and yes its the same remote i used to mod the other Wii.

I now got to try the Str2hax exploit and it launched YAWM, but i think it also freezes the Moment it Opens because the remote disconnects and i have to plug out the Wii, also used a GameCube controller but that did not work so i think it freezes the Moment it starts.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I tried to, i followed HackMii Solutions guide until Step 2 to Launch YAWM using the Bannerbomb method
It says that it should launch YAWM but im still getting the Scam Screen Freeze
Then you didn't copy the generated files over properly. On the root of the sd, the boot.dol/elf that's there is what is loaded by exploits. If the hackmii installer is still launching instead of yawmm, it means the app on the root never changed.

Now eventually u got yawm to load, good, but u say it's still freezing? You can try launching a different wad manager if u want, or even an official update (just make sure the wii wasn't originally Korean by inspecting it's serial #). Make sure you have all peripherals disconnected. And if you wanted u could try the older hackmii installer on the bootmii website, but should not be necessary.

Reactions: Niklas1408

Niklas1408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then you didn't copy the generated files over properly. On the root of the sd, the boot.dol/elf that's there is what is loaded by exploits. If the hackmii installer is still launching instead of yawmm, it means the app on the root never changed.

Now eventually u got yawm to load, good, but u say it's still freezing? You can try launching a different wad manager if u want, or even an official update (just make sure the wii wasn't originally Korean by inspecting it's serial #). Make sure you have all peripherals disconnected. And if you wanted u could try the older hackmii installer on the bootmii website, but should not be necessary.

Sorry for replying a day later, but i got Multi Mod Manager to work. It still doesn't let me connect my Wii remote but the GameCube Controller works fine, but when i press on wad manager it says that it can't Mount the sd or usb even after i formatted them to fat 32.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Strange behavior indeed. What system menu version is it running? Perhaps try an official update (after confirming serial # like I described above)

Or u could try the older version of the hackmii installer like I suggested even further above.

So yeah, there are at least 2 things u could try that were previously suggested, I would start there

Reactions: Niklas1408

Niklas1408

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange behavior indeed. What system menu version is it running? Perhaps try an official update (after confirming serial # like I described above)

Or u could try the older version of the hackmii installer like I suggested even further above.

So yeah, there are at least 2 things u could try that were previously suggested, I would start there

Hey, so i did manage to open the HackMii installer using Version 07 (i just tried a handfull) and it now works, even Yawm works (launching it through Homebrew channel) now and lets me use the Wad manager.
I think the Rest is going to work now since im doing the ModMii guide while im writing this and it works fine.

Thanks for helping me through this, i am really grateful for that.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

dani28r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a similar problem, I'm stuck at the hackmii warning message because my Wii remote disconnects and I can't reconnect it again unless I pull out the Wii power cable(unlike your problem, the "Press 1 to continue" appears to me, though I can't do anything)

I suspect that my Wii was already modded by the previous owner and went through a format system process before I bought it from him because I can't find a lot of people having this same problem when modding a Wii for the first time

If possible, can you tell me where did you find the hackmii installer v0.7? I tried searching at the site but I could only find v1.0 (I'm really desperate to fix this😭😭)

dani28r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have u tried modmii's hackmii solutions wizard?

I was in the process of doing it but I can't get past the exploit step, because everytime str2hax open yawm it appears the "Exception (DSI) occurred!" error message
So now I'm running all over the internet searching for the solution of this specific problem :'(

dani28r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried "Wii mod lite" and it worked but the Wii remote still disconnects forever unless I reboot the Wii. Guess I have to search for a game cube controller to see if I can install the wads from there

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried "Wii mod lite" and it worked but the Wii remote still disconnects forever unless I reboot the Wii. Guess I have to search for a game cube controller to see if I can install the wads from there
Try a Wii Remote without integrated Motion Plus.

Reactions: jeannotte

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could be as simple as new WiiMote batteries & perhaps try re-synching your WiiMote, &/or re-position the remote sensor.

Also could be your SD card needs to be replaced or re-formatted from scratch.
Then redo the ModMii steps. Always start lite, with Wii games & GC games only. When they work, you can start with other ems & prepare yourself for more headscratchers ;)

USB Flash drive ? Is that what you're using ? Hope you're up to date with the USBLGX app & suited/better Flash drives?

dani28r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the replies, I am still waiting for my game cube controller to arrive. But one thing I am sure is that the wii remote is not the problem, since I bought a new one and it still disconnects everytime I run the exploit, even the one that doesn't have motion plus integrated. There's no problem with the batteries since they are new too and the sd cards are defnitely fine.
I suspect that the problem is in the wii itself, maybe the IOS is messed up or something after the previous owner factory resetted it

Last edited by dani28r,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol