Homebrew Question Unable to install certain game updates using Tinfoil or SX Installer

ady199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Switch is on firmware 5.1.0 and I have successfully installed ARK Survival Evolved and Super Smash Brothers using tinfoil, (ignore firmware version) however when I try to install the latest update files for both of these games (using tinfoil and selecting 'ignore firmware version' the files seem to install but when I go to the home screen all I get is and icon with a spinning 'circle' and I can't play the game.

I've also tried to use SX Installer but I get the same results.

Is it because I'm not on Firmware 6?

Is there anything I can do to install the update files but for the switch to ignore the firmware version?

Thanks in advance

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You guys need the 6.2.0 fw installed and the 6.2.0 keys for those updates to decrypt properly. I installed emuNand on my 5.1.0 system, updated emuNand to 6.2 with choix du jour, got the 6.2 keys from the max console forum and all is working well here

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why even stay on 5.1 in the first place? I can't think of any disadvantage to being on latest firmware when everything works on it. In fact, there seems to be more issues with not updating.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why even stay on 5.1 in the first place? I can't think of any disadvantage to being on latest firmware when everything works on it. In fact, there seems to be more issues with not updating.
I did this a few weeks ago, I have a clean backup of 5.1 and since 6.2 changed a lot of things I preferred to stay on the safe side of things and test the new emuNand hidden partition thing before actually taking the plunge and updating my OFW, didn’t have any issues with this setup but you are right no need to stay on 5.1...

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You guys need the 6.2.0 fw installed and the 6.2.0 keys for those updates to decrypt properly. I installed emuNand on my 5.1.0 system, updated emuNand to 6.2 with choix du jour, got the 6.2 keys from the max console forum and all is working well here

I dont use any keys and updated Smash to the latest firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1