Unable to dump Wii U NAND again

martindrengen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
After hearing about the potential issues with the Wii U NAND chip I updated the softmod to Tiramisu last week using the guide on wiiu.hacks.guide. I did a complete NAND dump to my 128GB SanDisk card. There was no retrys or any errors.

I now wish to do a second NAND backup just in case, but I cannot get it working.

Here is what I've tried:

1. As per SDIO's suggestion I downloaded the Nanddumper he linked to and dropped that unto my SD card. The Wii U automatically boots to the Nanddumper, no webexploit needed. But I guess that's because it was already hacked?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-i-fixed-160-0103-system-memory-error.626448/page-3#post-10097073

I chose to do a complete NAND dump and the first two tasks complete just fine, but the MLC gets to exactly 800000, then it says Error rebooting. I have tried multiple times but it doesn't get any further. Also no files have been written to the SD card.

2. I've tried launching the Nanddumper from the Homebrew channel. I can select what I want to backup, but once I press A to start it will just return to the Wii U Menu. I used the Nanddumper from here: https://github.com/koolkdev/wiiu-nanddumper/releases/tag/v0.4

3. I tried following the softmode guide I used to install Tiramisu again, using wiiuexploit.xyz. I chose a full NAND dump and press A, and then the screen just turns white and nothing happens. I have also tried deleting the save data from the webbrowser according to the guide.

I have tried formatting the card several times. I have the content of the card backed up, so it was quick to restore and try the different methods listed above.

mdinfo says I have Samsung/SanDisk/LG, and I have never had the dreaded error codes. I have tried filling up the NAND, loading games from it, and moving them back to USB, and I haven't encountered any issues yet. I would like to have a second complete NAND backup just in case, as per SDIO's recommendation :)

Hopefully I'm just doing something stupid and missing something obvious. I hope someone can help me :)
Post automatically merged:

Goddamit I think the lock slider on the SD adapter was flipped by accident >_<
It appears to be working fine now.

Apparantly my Mac doesn’t care about that, so it could write to the card just fine :O

That was just about as stupid a solution as I could have hoped for :D

Last edited by martindrengen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...