UK shipping Q

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
yes, it does.
a lot of people here have already received their order and nobody has had to pay customs yet as far as i know.

Mozstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had quite a large parcel from them, no customs intervention, took nearly 4 weeks to come tho
tongue.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
grunged said:
i wonder if i have to pay customs when using dhl
frown.gif
probably the likely situation aswell
A good indication will be if they said there will be any insurance. Insurance means they will have had to declare to full value of the package.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
grunged said:
i wonder if i have to pay customs when using dhl
frown.gif
probably the likely situation aswell

Paying the VAT (17.5% of the declared value) isn't the big worry - it's the £8 fee that Royal Mail clag on (£10+ for most couriers, though I think DHL only charge £1.25 for delivery to a domestic address) for clearing it through customs on your behalf.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
can anyone confirm if they have been charged import tax using shoptemp? also do shoptemp charge your payment card in £ sterling, as i do not want exchange rates charges on my card (my bank charge extra if payment is in another currency), it doesn't help with the 20% vat increase next year in january thanks to our lousy government.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are worried, you can pay by paypal if you select manual payment. Shipping from China/ HK is normally 7-14 days. You probablly don't need the expensive shipping, but I would go for the Registered Airmail option. Sometimes it can sit in the HK post office for a few days and that will give you a tracking number so you cans ee what they are upto.

I highly doubt you will get charged customs fees, pretty much all of these companies fiddle the customs forms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169