Ubuntu drc sim help

Iblichtman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there this is my first time ever posting in a forum regarding help. I made a little bit of an oopsie and bought a US WII-U Console for super cheap, did about 5 minutes of research and figured instead of spending $200 on a US gamepad I was going to buy a Japanese one for about $80 and try to figure out how to get it to work. The end goal with this system has been to homebrew it but since neither have been factory reset I haven't even been able to initiate the process.
After about a week of searching for an answer I came across a virtual sim you can connect to the wii u in place of a gamepad. So I downloaded Ubuntu 20.0, installed it, it didn't work so I downgraded it to Ubuntu 14.4. I somehow got drc sim to install (with almost no Linux knowledge) and then hit another roadblock. My Ubuntu doesn't connect to the wifi. I'm able to usb tether my phone or run a ethernet cable but knowing drc sim only runs on wifi this was a big problem. The wifi option is just not there, I've tried looking up many guides and forums related to this regarding installing new drivers or just starting again from a fresh install. As I know almost nothing Linux related I'm afraid to restart this process as I don't even know how I got drc sim to install. If anyone would be able to walk me through any troubleshooting that would be much appreciated.
In regards to specs my pc is a
HP Pavillion 2016, with an amd gpu, and Realtek wifi card. (Not sure if that helps)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't really help with this, but the gamepad uses a 5GHz connection. you may need a dongle, but I'm not sure. the panda dongle is one that probably works, but something like a sandisk connect (what I use for my ps4), won't, since it's 2.4GHz.

Iblichtman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't really help with this, but the gamepad uses a 5GHz connection. you may need a dongle, but I'm not sure. the panda dongle is one that probably works, but something like a sandisk connect (what I use for my ps4), won't, since it's 2.4GHz.
I might be wrong but I believe my computer is compatible with 5ghz wifi. I switched over to 5g wifi not too long ago and it's worked flawlessly. I'm more or less wondering if there's somehow a problem with ubuntu displaying wifi in general

Iblichtman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be right thought who knows. Since most are around $10 it isn't that high of a risk. I might look into that to see if it works
Update: I've ordered a Panda n600 adapter that should fix all my problems. I'll update again once I've gotten it and tested it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto