Ubisoft refunds all pre-orders of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake, promises game is still in development

dsadasdaddddddddddddd.png

Ubisoft is giving out some mixed signals in regard to its remake of The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Though the game was announced in 2020, it has been delayed several times, while shifting between three different development studios. Most recently, Ubisoft has indefinitely delayed the remake, which is currently in the hands of Ubisoft Montreal, and issued refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered the game. Despite this, Ubisoft is insistent on claiming that The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake hasn't been canceled, and is still being developed. A FAQ page was published to explain the decision, with Ubisoft stating that pre-orders will open back up once they've got a planned release date for the game.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a gut feeling that they are trying to find some predatory practice to shove in there but are struggling to justify it, like making the game a "live service" game or adding microtransactions

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda glad they refunded everyone and are keeping the development going, that's integrity right there. They know it's not worth your money yet, and they're fixing it. Good on them.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
It's gonna be launched right alongside PoP Redemption and the PoP 2008 sequel... That's is to say never 😥

The cancelled 2008 sequel still breaks my heart. That was such a good game. Even The Fallen King was good and make great use of the DS.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Outsource it on the cheap to a small foreign studio
It's awful
Repeat
Sort of how Bamco fucked up Prime 4, so Nintendo had to scrap it and start over. (Those fuckers could at LEAST port the OG trilogy to Switch for us while we wait, as I heard Dread is short.)

beermonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I saw the announcement of it I was so happy. Then they showed the footage and I was crying inside. So glad it's been scrapped to be redone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1