Homebrew UAE4Wii v0.1 Amiga emu (help needed)

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
hpic2.gif

Gouky has released a new emulator for the Nintendo Wii. He's ported over UAE an Amiga emulator originally for *nix based systems, but has been ported to other video game consoles.

Quote:
UAE is a mostly complete software emulation of the hardware of the Commodore Amiga 500/1000/2000.
A Commodore Amiga, for those who don't know, is a 16/32 bit computer system based on the Motorola 680x0 CPU and a few specially designed custom chips that provide very good graphics and sound capabilities. Its first incarnation, the A1000, appeared in 1985, followed by the highly successful A500 and A2000 models.
Features

- First release !
- Minimal GUI

Quote:
Ok i love the wii :-) and last week i was saying to myself 'Damn !! im sure there's an amiga emu, i want to play battle squadron now !!' but... i found nothing ... what the f*** I thought, so here is it a port of UAE based on UAE4ALL. I have tons of idea for the GUI to make it very wiiiiish and easy to use but thats a first release ;-) First time i do that kind of port , I really enjoyed it.

I NEED HELP........*Readme says( Put the kickstart 1.3 in /UAE4wii/kick.rom)

kickstart 1.3 got it, going to try again, without it, returns to loader.
Yes it works
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
USB keyboard support?
possible in next release he said.
* Add save states
* Add virtual keyboard
* Add the new GUI
* Fix sound (a slight bug and bring back stereo)
* Update UAE code
He stated that there may be a virtual keyboard in the next release, but he never said that there'd be USB keyboard support.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Not saying I have a USB keyboard for the Wii......yet
wink.gif

These older emulated systems bring back memories to me, but my kids laff like fook @ them.

Must say the last week or two the Wii scenes pace has really picked up
biggrin.gif

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey djdynamite123, you are very active member in all the forums, haha
smile.gif
I tried this Amiga Emulator its quite good good for a first release. ( Haha I just read you put the same comment) I used to have an Amiga, great machine in its time.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hey djdynamite123, you are very active member in all the forums, haha I tried this Amiga Emulator its quite good good for a first release. ( Haha I just read you put the same comment) I used to have an Amiga, great machine in its time.
he ported rick dangerous to the wii as well, we should expect more thing ported over from him, he loves his wii
smile.gif
im only active usually on here, and speaking to devs over at tehkseen and the odd shitty post. here's the place to be
smile.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i noticed the same one on wiibrew just before you posted this and i tested it myself, i got rodland to work, which my wife loves on amiga, but he still has to do lot of work with the sound... the sound really sucks big time...
Loading could be a tad faster as well
smile.gif
not a heavy issue though

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, meh, trying to get things to work always doesn't come without risks... we both took risks and both got screwed... but i was lucky here in netherlands we goth nintendo service... and i was on 3.3 and was scared to get it back to 3.2 for starfall... while wiicrazy pressed b+2 on installing starfall like it said in the install (although he did't see that it said in the disclaimer that you need to press b+1, but a lot of people didn't see that...)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
WiiCrazy said:
Tried a few games, emulation is decent... there seems to be issues with sampled sound yet not that crucial...

got your wii to work again? or did you bought a new one?

I bought a used NTSC-J one (like new) without controllers for $65
smile.gif

The guy I bought the thing from had already bought another one since he couldn't use the one I bought... since it's all japanese...
The day before I bought that I had just missed an opportunity to buy another wii for $220... so I spared $155 just with just a day
smile.gif

Converted it to pal 3.2... everything is normal now... though now I don't plan to do any risky stuff on that at the moment
smile.gif

ps: actually there is an official service in Turkey yet the one I had was not carrying the warranty conditions... (ntsc on pal country... now ntsc-j on pal country)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30