Homebrew UAE-Wii Amiga emu (build request)

F0L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspuae.com
XP
Country
SimonKagstrom said:
M-A-F-I-A said:
It is known that uae4all is more performance in little faster machines than just traditional UAE.
I think many users interests emulate amiga 500 instead of the whole amiga family chipset.
I spoke to UAE4Wii maybe just because after the release of source, could be useful imnplement piece of code for development of UAE Wii.

The nice thing about the released source code is that you can now go and fix UAE4wii to do what you want. I've looked at the source code, and the source code differences between "upstream" UAE and UAE4all is huge - it's basically impossible to take things from one to the other.

Without really looking, I'd guess that the speed advantage from UAE4all really just comes from it being a less complete emulator. As I said sometime before, I'd guess that speed will improve a bit when devkitPPC r18 is released (with a better compiler).

I have looked into this. Its the only reason I released PSPUAE FAMEC, simply cause people were saying its much faster than pspuae. Obviously the fact that is a slimed down emulator has nothing to do with speed. As I got PSPUAE to run faster than PSP UAE4ALL.

The only main real difference is the cpu cores. If there is a Wii ASM core, then it would fly, but again at the sacrifice of making it A500 only.

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
500 is all I need
smile.gif
Most people who wants UAE are just old guys like me who had the A500 once in their life . maybe 80% of everyone who wants an amiga emu on Wii ,comes in that group , i guess ...

The amiga NERDS who had everything from 500 to cd32 are the ones who like a complete emu for all chipsets and models .

It seems that since the biggest amiga nerd except from that hungry horace guy is involved with this project , and therefore this is gonna be a fully configurable emulator for all chipsets even though its way more work and really only of interest to a few . I dont care ,though , cause most my 500 games play fairly decent on version 2 . Keep it up
smile.gif

F0L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspuae.com
XP
Country
fukseliten said:
500 is all I need
smile.gif
Most people who wants UAE are just old guys like me who had the A500 once in their life . maybe 80% of everyone who wants an amiga emu on Wii ,comes in that group , i guess ...

The amiga NERDS who had everything from 500 to cd32 are the ones who like a complete emu for all chipsets and models .

It seems that since the biggest amiga nerd except from that hungry horace guy is involved with this project , and therefore this is gonna be a fully configurable emulator for all chipsets even though its way more work and really only of interest to a few . I dont care ,though , cause most my 500 games play fairly decent on version 2 . Keep it up
smile.gif

Id wait for Wii UAE4ALL to be updated then, cause UAE Wii will never be UAE4ALL.
The source is available, so download and make the changes you want and compile it.

Read what was posted, they are completely different emulators, UAE4ALL was a branch which was completely rebuilt for A500 emulation.
E-UAE is not, its a full emulator like WinUAE, this is all im going to say on it.

"It seems that since the biggest amiga nerd except from that hungry horace guy is involved with this project"
LMFAO, You do know that UAE Wii us as it is, nots no work to add anything, as its all part of the emu.
I could hide AGA and other cpu's in menu, just for you,
wink.gif
. However the code will still be there, so it would make no difference.

I only owned an A500 (+A590), which was replaced with an A600HD, then I got a CD32. I never owned an A1200 back in the day.
So I would hardly say I had everything, or my house would have every single Amiga released.

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hehe
smile.gif
I didnt mean to talk down about the project .

i love it
smile.gif
be that 500 600 or 32 ,although I only owned a 500 with mem expansion myself.

You amiga nerds are important for the rest of us , so I dont want you to be unhappy
smile.gif

Oh , and I think I found a bug , that you are probably aware of already .
When i use this on 50hz (PAL 4.0) , It shows a grid all over the screen and kinda spilt up the image.
While in 60hz it looks fine .

Any way to get 50hz working properly too , since my wii tv is seriously oldschool and likes 50hz best?

F0L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspuae.com
XP
Country
fukseliten said:
Hehe
smile.gif
I didnt mean to talk down about the project .

i love it
smile.gif
be that 500 600 or 32 .

You amiga nerds are important for the rest of us , so I dont want you to be unhappy
smile.gif

Pants, you got me so stressed, I made no sense, lol.

Maybe Im not the best person to explain things.
If you really want, Ill have a play around with UAE4ALL.

What you want changed on it?

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nah , FOL , i Dont want uae4all or to give you extra work
smile.gif
Im happy with UAEWII.
UAEWII version 2 seems to be faster than UAE4allWII ever was
smile.gif

Thanks for asking,though . real nice of you

F0L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspuae.com
XP
Country
M-A-F-I-A said:
No one doubt the great quality of uae-wii and the work done by simon
Talked about uae4wii just to see if the source is used to develop uae-wii.

Stop controversy please.

Sorry, didnt mean it to come across like that.

No problems, as already said, everyone is smiling,
wink.gif

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Would you be able to implement adding usb keyboard support for this emu? Having to bind keys for different keys can be a pain sometimes so having keyboards fully working (like in your frodo) would be fantastic!

I assume it would be possible seeing as F12 is already working?

JFster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
Would you be able to implement adding usb keyboard support for this emu? Having to bind keys for different keys can be a pain sometimes so having keyboards fully working (like in your frodo) would be fantastic!

Uhmm, my Logitech Wii keyboard works great with the emu. Both in emu menu, selecting games, changing options and in games.
Btw big thanks to Simon and all others involved in the work on this excellent emu.
Playing amiga games always warm my aging heart
wub.gif

When/if USB HDD option will be implemented this emu is very near perfect!

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
JFster said:
MrTea said:

Uhmm, my Logitech Wii keyboard works great with the emu. Both in emu menu, selecting games, changing options and in games.
Btw big thanks to Simon and all others involved in the work on this excellent emu.
Playing amiga games always warm my aging heart
wub.gif

When/if USB HDD option will be implemented this emu is very near perfect!

Yeah just tried again by taking out and reconnecting the keyboard and it does indeeed play fine. lol ...Sorry my bad!

I'm having problems on the v2 release playing the game 'The New Zealand Story'. It worked fine on the previous release with the default settings and also plays fine on winuae? It boots the game fine, I press fire and the animation plays of the kiwis being kidnapped but then every time its coming up with " There has been a fatal disk error - please check disk and press delete"? I've tried 6 different versions of the adf but its coming up with the error everytime on wii uae? Any help getting this to work would be appreciated (or can anyone confirm if they can get this game to play on v2?).

Also another issue I've noticed is that if i have more than about 50 games on my sd card when i go to insert a floppie into a drive it can take about 45+ seconds before it can read all of my games in the directory (tried this on a couple sd cards and have had the same results). I wonder if usb (2.0) loading would make things quicker for this?

I've reported these issues now on svn.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
M-A-F-I-A said:
Finally i did a running UAE wad forwarder.

link removed (the forwarder have any problems)

Thx to djdynamite through its working UAE dol.

Did you managed to get the forwarder to work or not?

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
I have tried to modify the spacejump generic forwarder and wiigator forwarder, nothing work.

I think the problem is in the file contained in uae folder (the two font) , probably these files are not loaded from forwarder.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, just wondering if someone can give me a bit of help with this..

I installed UAE Wii from the homebrew browser..and I took some kickstart(kick100.rom, kick120.rom etc) things off my computer and put them in the uae/roms/ folder..and put some adf files in the floppies folder.

Then when I ran UAE Wii it just seems to load up on a dos type screen for 30 seconds then just restarts and goes to the homebrew channel again.

I did see something say "uaerc failed" or something like that..dont know if thats a problem/the problem. Is something meant to go in the uaerc folder? If so what?

Hope someone can help, thanks.

mattyduk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, got the same issues. It runs through like a dos script, then kicks me back to the launcher again
frown.gif
any guesses ?

I've placed kick rom as kick.rom in the correct folder.

JFster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that the right folder is the uae dir in the root of the SD card, not in the apps folder. Rename the rom to kick.rom.
A working 1.3 kickrom should do the trick.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JFster said:
Remember that the right folder is the uae dir in the root of the SD card, not in the apps folder. Rename the rom to kick.rom.
A working 1.3 kickrom should do the trick.

Hi, I tried this..still wont work for me
frown.gif
Made sure my kick rom was in the root uae/roms folder...got a 1.3 just to be sure(tried 2 different ones) and still it loads up a dos type screen for about 30 seconds and then it crashes back to the HBC..Any other ideas? Anyone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1