Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

carlito1095t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo much sh*t posting its really makes me sad. About the dongle and license "contradiction", those who from max console should know that it was said after first FAQ that you can buy dongle and use it for a multiple consoles, if you of course buy a sxos for each. And about all the hate to TX - is it really worth it? They are pretty well know team, which have earn a lot of respect from Xbox time, and they did a great job with switch, even if they "steal" someone work, they made using payloads pretty simple to end user, it's obvious that in some time there will be free solution with atmosphere (maybe) but for now tx solution is best at least for pirating, and a lot of negative comments based on "enabling piracy on switch" but hey, cfw, HB and hacking always leads to Piracy, TX did they work pretty great, and it's also great for hacking community as well, cause someone will hack payloads from tx, and make, based on it, own free version, and it's just move switch hacking community forward. It's win-win situation for both sides, and if i want to buy it - it's my decision, and, as seen here, only atmosphere fans shouting loud and trying to convince others, that they are wrong, tx buyers just say that they are happy.
Maybe my post looks idiotic, i am sorry, i am not so perfect in English and it's just my opinion

Oh, I completely agree with you. The hate, sh**posting and all of the snark. I personally haven't seen this much bickering since when the original Xbox One and PS4 were announced.
A lot of Atmosphere fanboys keep treating TX as if they're first year script kiddies, when in fact, they've been around since the OG Xbox.
They have every right to sell their product and that's the beautiful thing about Capitalism. It's all morality at this point, which I love that TX is showing none at all.
You're right, anything that involves CFW and Homebrew will lead to piracy either very soon after or eventually, even IF Atmosphere were to actively prevent piracy with its CFW, it would be modified to allow it one way or the other.

Why is it so wrong that I'm buying something for what's basically chump change to me? Because this other team is releasing it for free? Because it's "immoral"?
I bought an 18 inch NECA Kratos Action Figure the other day for almost 120 bucks, I find that more of a waste of money than this and this is 45 bucks on MCD.

vstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm totally new to Nintendo Switch Homebrew and CFW, just learned the words "Atmosphere", "Team Xecuter" few days ago, then did some google.

Atmosphere vs TX from a noob's perspective:
People praise the Atmosphere like a god, it can do anything you dream of(coldboot into CFW without jig, emunand). Besides the hype, ScriesM's youtube channel showed 4 videos about Atmosphere, non of it showed a working homebrew program running. On the other hand, TX showed a video with "backup" games running, and the shippment starts Jun 15th. TX is selling something you can expect to work with your Switch in a few weeks.
I mean no disrespect to Atmosphere's devs, I just don't expect it to release soon(then wait few more months to run "backup" games after Atmosphere's release).

Maybe I'm wrong, again I'm new to this.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if .NSP have headers? Those are the cia equivalent for the Switch, right? So would using something like FBI and install those be safe?
.CIAs do not have headers so I wanna say I'm 97% sure that .NSPs also do not have headers. Headers are unique for every cartridge because no 2 cartridges are alike. Everyone ends up downloading the same games form the eShop so unless they attach a unique header after you buy it, there should be no unique header. But I could be wrong. I'm just trying to compare apples to granny smiths here

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People like myself emailed them and requested these features
They listened and delivered

You can bitch all you want. Don't care
Yeah, good on them for adding features; I never said that is bad... I just said that it helps show that the cfw is rushed because they said one thing then a different thing next.
so if they add something to atmosphere today and tell you that its going to be in the cfw is being rushed, dude there is only one dump in the cia type format and FBI wasnt something that was made in days, took months to have something good, the thing is that for the 3ds an sdk was leaked with the devmenu, team bbb modified it to work, at first only with gateway and rx tools, but rxtools didnt allow for unsigned cias to run, probably in atmosphere should be something similar, but nobody knows, atmosphere atm is just smoke because we dont know if the devs are going to implement something that would create a piracy environment, I guess they prefer the tx users that is a smaller base to pirate the console, and the larger cheap base to use atmosphere for homebrew
Yes its okay since its in alpha and no money is being charged for it and it has emunand so it can't mess up my nintnedo switches sysnand.Yeah I remember the older versions of FBI and they weren't as pretty but they did their main job. Atmosphere will probably not block piracy because one of the main devs is tuxsh who made luma which did not block piracy and furthermore if they did block piracy it would also block Homebrew apps from being run from the home screen which they will not want to do. Also it's open source so somebody can just mod atmosphere to allow piracy if they did block it.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
.CIAs do not have headers so I wanna say I'm 97% sure that .NSPs also do not have headers. Headers are unique for every cartridge because no 2 cartridges are alike. Everyone ends up downloading the same games form the eShop so unless they attach a unique header after you buy it, there should be no unique header. But I could be wrong. I'm just trying to compare apples to granny smiths here

Yeah thats kinda what im trying to figure out using the same "logic" with the Switch and thats why i want to wait till we can load games from NSP files and see if its "safe" to use them (like cias...)

I suppose there would be no problem with converting XCI files into NPS, just like .3ds to .cias, that would "delete" the header so we can use all those BBB XCI files, we just need the proper tool.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thats kinda what im trying to figure out using the same "logic" with the Switch and thats why i want to wait till we can load games from NSP files and see if its "safe" to use them (like cias...)

I suppose there would be no problem with converting XCI files into NPS, just like .3ds to .cias, that would "delete" the header so we can use all those BBB XCI files, we just need the proper tool.
There's probably some type of inherent risk to installing them since its still an unauthorized modification to your device. But of course, the risk is just a lot lower than say running a backup. Also, I think it would be easier for people to dump .NSPs rather than convert them from .XCIs as we have no way of dumping cartridges yet and all .NSPs are theoretically the same. I ran into trouble converting .3DS into .CIA. And yes, once someone releases a tool to install .NSPs, that'll be one more weapon we will have in the Backup Wars.

Reactions: alexj9626

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly, can't preorder this thing anywhere.. sold out :(
did you try 3ds-flashcard.com?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anybody been able to purchase the xecuter os for $24.95 ????? adn where ?
The cheapest price that i saw was $30.00
re sellers are going to want to be making at least a little profit off of getting it shipped to them, handling it, and shipping it to you. business isnt free so you wont find it that cheap like anywhere

Reactions: matias3ds

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also it's open source so somebody can just mod atmosphere to allow piracy if they did block it.
I have to correct you there... Enabling backup loading !=(does not equal) piracy! It's an issue related to whatever type of media the data is on, won't last forever, because nothing lasts forever unless you back it up and maintain that backup throughout the future media you continually make sure it's backed up to! Have you ever had a floppy disc unreadable? Have you ever had a optical disc scratched beyond readability? Have you ever had a hard disk fail? Have you ever had [insert data storage medium here] not be readable/writable anymore? The answer to this question is most certainly yes. That's why we have the right to backup and hence make sure we get to keep the stuff we've paid for and regard as ours. See my post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...-loader-discussion.502745/page-5#post-7955926 (and skip the first paragraph if you don't want to read my rant lol)

So no I don't appreciate you automatically connecting backup loading with piracy, that might be TX's aim that's not totally clear but that is not what people serious about protecting the right of backing up our stuff care about. If someone uses it for loading backups of games they don't actually own, then that's on them, but don't paint us all with a broad stroke and taint our right to backup! In the end it's just bits of data! Some bits are valuable to you, and some other bits are valuable to others, so protect the bits that are valuable to you because because they mean something to you but might not mean anything to someone else!

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to correct you there... Enabling backup loading !=(does not equal) piracy! It's an issue related to whatever type of media the data is on, won't last forever, because nothing lasts forever unless you back it up and maintain that backup throughout the future media you continually make sure it's backed up to! Have you ever had a floppy disc unreadable? Have you ever had a optical disc scratched beyond readability? Have you ever had a hard disk fail? Have you ever had [insert data storage medium here] not be readable/writable anymore? The answer to this question is most certainly yes. That's why we have the right to backup and hence make sure we get to keep the stuff we've paid for and regard as ours. See my post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...-loader-discussion.502745/page-5#post-7955926 (and skip the first paragraph if you don't want to read my rant lol)

So no I don't appreciate you automatically connecting backup loading with piracy, that might be TX's aim that's not totally clear but that is not what people serious about protecting the right of backing up our stuff care about. If someone uses it for loading backups of games they don't actually own, then that's on them, but don't paint us all with a broad stroke and taint our right to backup! In the end it's just bits of data! Some bits are valuable to you, and some other bits are valuable to others, so protect the bits that are valuable to you because because they mean something to you but might not mean anything to someone else!
Yeah that is true that a lot of people here just backup games but also a lot of people here pirate games proably more than the people who backup games.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How did you reach 97%? Why not 98%? :lol:

Reactions: jakkal

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
There's probably some type of inherent risk to installing them since its still an unauthorized modification to your device. But of course, the risk is just a lot lower than say running a backup. Also, I think it would be easier for people to dump .NSPs rather than convert them from .XCIs as we have no way of dumping cartridges yet and all .NSPs are theoretically the same. I ran into trouble converting .3DS into .CIA. And yes, once someone releases a tool to install .NSPs, that'll be one more weapon we will have in the Backup Wars.
but nintendo at this point could check that you have an nsp that you didnt buy as they can check that you played a backup with no header, its always a risk with playing online or using online services, I do not think if people just update their games and doesnt play online, they are fine, but man, if you hack your console to play backups its better not to mess with online, if you want to play online get another switch and the games you want to play online, and the hacked one for playing offline single player games or multipllayer with no online, nintendo in the security matter is not very bright, but they are upping their game with the online

naitsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Im rather worried about them stating that there is no EMUnand. doesnt that mean they are just patching SYSnand to boot into the modiefied OS? If im not missing anything than thats the only possibility right? Or is there another possibe way theoretically? If they are just patching SYSnand isnt it nearly safe that this thing has to be detected by nintendo? Initially i was planning to buy all games i play online, keeping my original FW up to date and never go online using CFW just to stay safe. But if they are patching SYSnand that would be detectable under all circumstances right? Even worse: When their CFW just allows to play the newest games if you have the newest FW (which they already stated) at some point youll have to update and thus connect to nintendos servers, which will result in a ban. From there on you cant update anymore so you are locked out of any future games to come. Am i missing something? Why is EMUnand so low on their priority lists? Isnt it absolutely necessary to stay undetected? Or am i missing something? Would it be possible that booting Original FW via TX dongle reverses all changed nand data, so that your original FW stays untouched without a trace? Is that even possible?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im rather worried about them stating that there is no EMUnand. doesnt that mean they are just patching SYSnand to boot into the modiefied OS? If im not missing anything than thats the only possibility right? Or is there another possibe way theoretically? If they are just patching SYSnand isnt it nearly safe that this thing has to be detected by nintendo? Initially i was planning to buy all games i play online, keeping my original FW up to date and never go online using CFW just to stay safe. But if they are patching SYSnand that would be detectable under all circumstances right? Even worse: When their CFW just allows to play the newest games if you have the newest FW (which they already stated) at some point youll have to update and thus connect to nintendos servers, which will result in a ban. From there on you cant update anymore so you are locked out of any future games to come. Am i missing something? Why is EMUnand so low on their priority lists? Isnt it absolutely necessary to stay undetected? Or am i missing something? Would it be possible that booting Original FW via TX dongle reverses all changed nand data, so that your original FW stays untouched without a trace? Is that even possible?
The "patch" is done in every cold boot. There is no permanent modification. If you're worried about banning, play your original games without being booted into SX OS and keep the switch in airplane mode while in SX OS.
Also, even if banned you're not locked out from updating. The carts bring the necessary updates literally on them. You can update without going online.
I also wonder how you got the idea that Emunand keeps you undetected.
You're lacking basic understanding and thus imagine all kinds of crazy stuff that doesn't work this way.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Illuminatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The "patch" is done in every cold boot. There is no permanent modification. If you're worried about banning, play your original games without being booted into SX OS and keep the switch in airplane mode while in SX OS.
Also, even if banned you're not locked out from updating. The carts bring the necessary updates literally on them. You can update without going online.
You're lacking basic understanding and thus imagine all kinds of crazy stuff that doesn't work this way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry didnt meant to Post. Was an accident.

naitsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Maybe i am a bit misunderstanding, but of course im aware that EmuNAND doenst guarantee to keep you undetected. I was just thinking that this would be the only option to get CFW and keep your SYSnand clean, becuase you are just patching the EmuNAND instead. If indeed the patches to Sysnand leave no traces when you coldboot your system then im glad. I mean if Nintendo doesnt have a way to detect that your Sysnand has been patches before or that you were playing games with blacklisted headers when in TX OS. Like having a log of that kind of things written which stys even if you coldboot your system to original FW. But i guess nobody knows. Maybe thats not even possible, as you stated i have no knowledge to judge those possibilities thats why im asking. But if you sysnand is clean after coldboot in OFW im glad enough. Ill just use airplaine mode in CFW then and just use OFW to connect to Nintendo servers :)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe i am a bit misunderstanding, but of course im aware that EmuNAND doenst guarantee to keep you undetected. I was just thinking that this would be the only option to get CFW and keep your SYSnand clean, becuase you are just patching the EmuNAND instead. If indeed the patches to Sysnand leave no traces when you coldboot your system then im glad. I mean if Nintendo doesnt have a way to detect that your Sysnand has been patches before or that you were playing games with blacklisted headers when in TX OS. Like having a log of that kind of things written which stys even if you coldboot your system to original FW. But i guess nobody knows. Maybe thats not even possible, as you stated i have no knowledge to judge those possibilities thats why im asking. But if you sysnand is clean after coldboot in OFW im glad enough. Ill just use airplaine mode in CFW then and just use OFW to connect to Nintendo servers :)
Emunand or Sysnand makes no difference when it comes to banning. Your device is banned completely, not only the Emunand. And the Switch hacks are all tethered - there is no permanent modification with the standard procedure. Just like in early 3ds days when you had to boot the cfw via exploit. Reboot, gone. You have the possibility to permanently install the hack and then the device will not boot up anymore without the dongle, meaning you only boot into hacked OS all the time. But I wouldn't do that unless you plan to never go online again. I'd just do all official online business in original software and put it in airplane mode before booting into SX...
It'll probably still show the save data from the games you played though. Don't know if that is enough to identify the headers..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo