Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
whichcx7.png
which do you guys prefer?
the bush layer in the top image is ripped from new super mario bros, I'm just using it to test a different style...
yaynds.gif
?

and p.s.
don't think I'm redoing graphics and stuff like this to slow down the game's progress, Cocopuffs hasn't been able to do much for a long time so I'm redoing and improving a lot of graphics while I wait for him.
unsure.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The bushes in the top image look more realistic, but they look like they keep repeating in a pattern, which makes it boring. The bottom ones are less realistic but they don't repeat. They both pwn anyways.

EDIT: Wha-? No Mac versions? boo

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The bushes in the top image look more realistic, but they look like they keep repeating in a pattern, which makes it boring. The bottom ones are less realistic but they don't repeat. They both pwn anyways.

EDIT: Wha-? No Mac versions? boo
mac version will be possible soon, I think the next version of GM will allow for it, so fingers crossed
wink.gif

and don't worry about the repetitiveness, it's just coz they're from NSMB when my bush layer is the same width as the screen, so you never see two parts exactly the same at the same time.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow! TakaM the game is looking better and better everytime i see it. Why dont you apply for a New Zealand grant or something so you actually get paid to make something like this. Mind due you would need the rights to Twisen.
Your skills as a pixel artist could easily get you a job doing the art design on a DS game, look into it, then dump the beta. LOL
BTW if you actually made a DS game i'm sure you would get enough people just on GBAtemp buying it.

Keep it up man!

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, well think about that Qwak game for GBA. They released the ROM online and then made carts for it. If i do remember correctly Hadrian bought a copy. But i do remember something about them selling a fair few.
But your game would be alot better than that, so intern alot more sales. Even if you set up a paypal account and actually dumped the game yourself. Saves money on production so we could just send money directly to u.

I seriously rekon you could get some sort of artist grant from the New Zealand government. Look into it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, well think about that Qwak game for GBA. They released the ROM online and then made carts for it. If i do remember correctly Hadrian bought a copy. But i do remember something about them selling a fair few.
But your game would be alot better than that, so intern alot more sales. Even if you set up a paypal account and actually dumped the game yourself. Saves money on production so we could just send money directly to u.

I seriously rekon you could get some sort of artist grant from the New Zealand government. Look into it.
I've donated £7 for it back then but I had tons of cash back then. I mainly paid as I have been playing pirate versions on the Amiga so thought I'd support the guy.

I have bought Motocross Challenge despite it being released as a rom first, it cost £8.50 and I've not actually played it once in fact I think its still in my parents shed with my PS2. Theres still copies available at rgcd.co.uk

If Twinsen is as enjoyable as it looks I'd definitely buy a copy of the cart if it was ever made for DS.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!