Homebrew TWiLightMenu++ GBC Emulation IR functionality?

suffrage4dogs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I recently came across a GBC game with some interesting IR functionality. "Dancing Furby", a japanese Furby branded ddr style game, has a feature where depending on how well you did on a song, the GBC would emit ir that you could point at a real '98 model Furby, prompting it to comment on your performance.
I emulated a rom of this game on 3DS, but that ir function did not appear to be working. I'm a total amateur when it comes to the hardware side of this stuff, and I don't know if TWiLightMenu++ even uses the 3DS ir port. I read a thread here saying something to the effect that it doesn't use the 3DS's ir port, but that it can use the ir sensor of certain games (like pokemon heartgold)? I would appreciate some clarification! Thanks!

Last edited by suffrage4dogs,

suffrage4dogs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an image of the prompt, by the way

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-190034.png
    Screenshot_20210404-190034.png
    367.2 KB · Views: 85

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only GBC emulator I know that emulates special hardware is mGBA - it lets you play Kirby Tilt n Tumble with the 3DS gyro. So you should try that. And maybe getting in contact with its author (Endrift) on Twitter if it isn't supported yet.

Do you have a Furby btw?

suffrage4dogs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice! I'll try that tonight. Yeah, I have a furby, so I'm excited to see the functionality in action. I read about how it works on the wiki page for that game, but I'm not sure if it will work for an American-made English speaking Furby. American Furbys were manufactured by Tiger and I think maybe another partner company, but Japanese Furbys were manufactured by Tomy, who also developed the Dancing Furby GBC game. So we'll see!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I recently came across a GBC game with some interesting IR functionality. "Dancing Furby", a japanese Furby branded ddr style game, has a feature where depending on how well you did on a song, the GBC would emit ir that you could point at a real '98 model Furby, prompting it to comment on your performance.
I emulated a rom of this game on 3DS, but that ir function did not appear to be working. I'm a total amateur when it comes to the hardware side of this stuff, and I don't know if TWiLightMenu++ even uses the 3DS ir port. I read a thread here saying something to the effect that it doesn't use the 3DS's ir port, but that it can use the ir sensor of certain games (like pokemon heartgold)? I would appreciate some clarification! Thanks!
The game uses the IR port(?) of the game cartridge, if found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay