ROM Hack [Tutorial] How to transfer mobile Layton's Mystery Journey into the 3DS version.

Feroz El Mejor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Today my curiosity wake up about the save files from Lady Layton on mobile. Me as other people, were playing the mobile version because Level-5 (and Nintendo) didn't bring to us the 3DS version besides Japan, so there's a little trick to transfer your mobile save into the 3DS (I didn't tested 3DS>Mobile, so idk).

First you get your phone and go into the inside memory folder "Android", there you go into the folder "com.Level5.LaytonMJ" (my phone didn't show this on the computer, so you need a program like "ES File Explorer" to find that folder).

Then there's the folder "files", inside that there's the folder "sram", inside that there's the save files, they are "game0.lmj" and "head.lmj", if there's "game2.lmj" or more, it's because you have more than one slot used, copy all.

But there's one problem, the "head.lmj" file is for the mobile version, so you need the 3DS version (I attach that file into this post), then you have the "gameX.lmj" files and the "head.lmj" prepared for the 3DS version.

Now these files go into the cartridge or the digital version of the 3DS game, once you open the game you can see that the slot says the same than before you import the save, anyway enter on that slot and you can see how the game is like the mobile version, if you save now you will get the correct information on the slot.

Sorry about my "confusing" explanation, I don't use english usually.

Attachments

• head.rar
    27.8 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: wiiarctus

RADEON75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today my curiosity wake up about the save files from Lady Layton on mobile. Me as other people, were playing the mobile version because Level-5 (and Nintendo) didn't bring to us the 3DS version besides Japan, so there's a little trick to transfer your mobile save into the 3DS (I didn't tested 3DS>Mobile, so idk).

First you get your phone and go into the inside memory folder "Android", there you go into the folder "com.Level5.LaytonMJ" (my phone didn't show this on the computer, so you need a program like "ES File Explorer" to find that folder).

Then there's the folder "files", inside that there's the folder "sram", inside that there's the save files, they are "game0.lmj" and "head.lmj", if there's "game2.lmj" or more, it's because you have more than one slot used, copy all.

But there's one problem, the "head.lmj" file is for the mobile version, so you need the 3DS version (I attach that file into this post), then you have the "gameX.lmj" files and the "head.lmj" prepared for the 3DS version.

Now these files go into the cartridge or the digital version of the 3DS game, once you open the game you can see that the slot says the same than before you import the save, anyway enter on that slot and you can see how the game is like the mobile version, if you save now you will get the correct information on the slot.

Sorry about my "confusing" explanation, I don't use english usually.

It works the other way too (3DS -> Android using the head.lmj Android version file). Checked.

Thank you Feroz.

Reactions: Feroz El Mejor

AbandonedBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game for switch is having the same save files but its still not working.. game is always detecting it as corrupt data and deleting it instantly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-