• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gluupor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great! Glad you were able to figure it out. Sorry if I came off as rude earlier.

Yeah, its a problem with HANS. I am including a rar file with the HANS and eShop files from before the update Smea made recently, which I just tested and allowed me to download updates from the eshop.

After downloading, delete the following files from your sd card and then copy the files in the archive over:

/3ds/hans/titles/eshop.txt
/3ds/hans/titles/ironhax.txt
/3ds/hans/hans.3dsx
/3ds/hans/hans.smdh
/3ds/hans/hans.xml
/3ds/eshop.smdh
/3ds/eshop.xml
/3ds/ironhax.sdmh
/3ds/ironhax.xml

This should allow you to download updates and probably VC games as well again. You will lose the "old version" eshop for downloading Ironfall 1.0, but from what I understand we cannot use that anyways because we are on 9.5.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It will work for all games, cia or cart.

@Aroth
thank you for this :D
i was getting a headache over why it wouldnt redownload the apps ...

Last edited by Gluupor,

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you link NNID in emuNAND?

Install 9.5 if you haven't. Then install Nver. After that use FMP (without the middle region option). And then go into system settings and link it how you would normally. I didn't have to use hans or anything (hans actually prevented it).

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I installed NVER with Big Blue Menu, and used Free Multi Patcher without the region spoof option, but the eShop just tells me I need to do a System Update.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
That means it thinks your NNID is linked to another system still.

Oh so I formatted sysnand to unlink the nands, and it unlinked my NNID from my system. But I'm still set up with that NNID on emunand, so it can't sign in, and I get the error. Is that what's happening?

So then, how can I fix it?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so I formatted sysnand to unlink the nands, and it unlinked my NNID from my system. But I'm still set up with that NNID on emunand, so it can't sign in, and I get the error. Is that what's happening?

So then, how can I fix it?

Tbh I am not sure why this is happening to people now. What you did should not have caused the nnid link to break. It is what people have been doing for nearly a year. Something about the downgrade is what is causing this and idk how to fix it.

There is a guide involving backing up the sd card and emunand, then formatting it, then injecting the backup and restoring the backed up sd card files but I cannot confirm if it works or not. So far it seems most people have reported success, and you are welcome to try it.

I would look for the detailed instructions though because I might have missed a step.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I am not sure why this is happening to people now. What you did should not have caused the nnid link to break. It is what people have been doing for nearly a year. Something about the downgrade is what is causing this and idk how to fix it.

There is a guide involving backing up the sd card and emunand, then formatting it, then injecting the backup and restoring the backed up sd card files but I cannot confirm if it works or not. So far it seems most people have reported success, and you are welcome to try it.

I would look for the detailed instructions though because I might have missed a step.

Found someone on reddit who said they did that and it worked:

Arrowmaster https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40c6as/errors_when_linking_nnid_to_emunand/cyt18uw said:
I had this same issue last night and fixed it. I formatted sysNand to unlink and couldn't get into the eShop from emuNand. Everywhere I saw said to format emuNand and use the new fresh one but I didn't want to do that as I would loose game saves. I had a emuNand where everything was working fine except the 022-2634 error. I loaded emunand9 and made an emunand.bin, backed that and my Nintendo 3DS folder up to my PC. Formatted the emuNand and setup my NNID on it. Once I was able to open the eShop I restored the files back to my SD card and loaded emunand9 and restored the emunand.bin. Then I was able to login to my NNID again on the original emuNand without loosing any data. I had to put in my password and accept a bunch of terms again but I was able to get into the eShop.

I guess I'll try it out!

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. Too much work/responsibility lol. I just have nothing better to do atm than sit in front of a computer screen all day and respond to posts.
Same this works perfect for people who were already on 9.2 or lower and trying to help people with busted Sysnand/Emunand is far too tedious.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same this works perfect for people who were already on 9.2 or lower and trying to help people with busted Sysnand/Emunand is far too tedious.

The downgrades are the problem. I can't be 100% sure because the code repos for the two versions of sysupdater being used were deleted, but I think people that downgrade are getting left with a few titles from 9.3+ still on their devices. This seems to be less of an issue for O3DS users since they can just update emunand back to 10.3 and make their "system" whole again (so to speak). It might also have something to do with the fact the N3DS has a number of stub titles that seem to cause problems downgrading.

edit:

Specifically, each new firmware tends to add a new title or two. For the N3DS, 9.2 had 102 titles, 9.5 had 105, and 10.3 had 110. So if you go from 10.3 to 9.2, There are 8 titles that get left on the system, and this might be causing problems.

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Specifically, each new firmware tends to add a new title or two. For the N3DS, 9.2 had 102 titles, 9.5 had 105, and 10.3 had 110. So if you go from 10.3 to 9.2, There are 8 titles that get left on the system, and this might be causing problems.
Would it be possible to remove the extra titles? If so, how would I do it?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to remove the extra titles? If so, how would I do it?

I would suggest a list compiling a list of titles included with 10.3, then compare that to a list of titles for whatever version you are downgrading to (9.2 is the most common).

Any common titles get removed from the list and the ones left over would need to be deleted from the nand via FBI. You would have to be VERY careful because deleting titles from the nand this way can easily result in a brick if you delete the wrong title, or even if potentially if you delete them in the wrong order. And since we have no idea what order the extra titles would need to be deleted in (assuming there is an order that is important)... well you get the idea.

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest a list compiling a list of titles included with 10.3, then compare that to a list of titles for whatever version you are downgrading to (9.2 is the most common).

Any common titles get removed from the list and the ones left over would need to be deleted from the nand via FBI. You would have to be VERY careful because deleting titles from the nand this way can easily result in a brick if you delete the wrong title, or even if potentially if you delete them in the wrong order. And since we have no idea what order the extra titles would need to be deleted in (assuming there is an order that is important)... well you get the idea.
Ok. Thanks. I will try this on my emunand so I don't have to worry about a brick.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thanks. I will try this on my emunand so I don't have to worry about a brick.

Actually, before you do anything else why don't you set up a list first and then compare that list to what is installed on your sysnand. Do not delete the files, just see if they exist. If they do that should suffice for confirmation that the downgrade is not actually doing a full downgrade.

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, before you do anything else why don't you set up a list first and then compare that list to what is installed on your sysnand. Do not delete the files, just see if they exist. If they do that should suffice for confirmation that the downgrade is not actually doing a full downgrade.
Ok. I am actually about to do that. What CIA Installer will show me the titles installed to the emuNAND.
Edit: so 0004003000009E02.cia is a title from 10.3 and it is there on a downgraded 3ds. This means that downgrading is indeed incomplete. That is only the first title I looked for. Once I find the other titles, if any, I will proceed to backup my emuNAND and attempt to remove the titles from the emuNAND. Wish me luck.

Last edited by Wire,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I am actually about to do that. What CIA Installer will show me the titles installed to the emuNAND.
Edit: so 0004003000009E02.cia is a title from 10.3 and it is there on a downgraded 3ds. This means that downgrading is indeed incomplete. That is only the first title I looked for. Once I find the other titles, if any, I will proceed to backup my emuNAND and attempt to remove the titles from the emuNAND. Wish me luck.

FBI with the destination set to NAND should show them.

Make sure the titles are only present on a 10.3 system and not a 9.2 one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag