Seemingly strange nnid behavior and help with accessing eshop

Yoshkins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to thank everyone in this thread, the info's been helpful. I was hoping I could have some additional questions answered in relation to this topic though.

I actually have added a US nnid to a Japanese new 3ds ll. From what I read from CoolMe (in the aforementioned thread) this shouldn't be possible but I could have easily misinterpreted. Anyway, the way this happened is that I Imported the 3ds from a Japanese seller freshly initialized, followed the guide to install b9s + luma and then followed the guide on the same site to change the region. I then tried to sign in with my nnid but it turned out It was still logged into a 3ds I had lost many years ago. I called nintendo support and told them the issue and they had me fill out a help ticket. I put in the Japanese console's serial number and told them the old 3ds's model. The operator also told me to add in purchase history and card numbers but I hadn't ever purchased anything on that 3ds so I simply stated as such. I also gave them the type of 3ds it was, ( an old red regular 3ds)

To skip to the point, they sent me an email saying to format my system and go ahead logging in. Now I didn't format my system. I didn't want to go through the process of re flashing my backup and I also thought it'd break something. I simply logged in and my nnid worked. Unfortunately the eshop isn't working but looking online it seemed like there are workaround for this for the old 3ds.

tldr; I was able to use a us nnid on my region switched n3ds ll

So my questions are: How was it possible for me to log in with this nnid? and Would anyone have an idea of how to fix my eshop, the error code i'm receiving is 007-2001

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to thank everyone in this thread, the info's been helpful. I was hoping I could have some additional questions answered in relation to this topic though.

I actually have added a US nnid to a Japanese new 3ds ll. From what I read from CoolMe (in the aforementioned thread) this shouldn't be possible but I could have easily misinterpreted. Anyway, the way this happened is that I Imported the 3ds from a Japanese seller freshly initialized, followed the guide to install b9s + luma and then followed the guide on the same site to change the region. I then tried to sign in with my nnid but it turned out It was still logged into a 3ds I had lost many years ago. I called nintendo support and told them the issue and they had me fill out a help ticket. I put in the Japanese console's serial number and told them the old 3ds's model. The operator also told me to add in purchase history and card numbers but I hadn't ever purchased anything on that 3ds so I simply stated as such. I also gave them the type of 3ds it was, ( an old red regular 3ds)

To skip to the point, they sent me an email saying to format my system and go ahead logging in. Now I didn't format my system. I didn't want to go through the process of re flashing my backup and I also thought it'd break something. I simply logged in and my nnid worked. Unfortunately the eshop isn't working but looking online it seemed like there are workaround for this for the old 3ds.

tldr; I was able to use a us nnid on my region switched n3ds ll

So my questions are: How was it possible for me to log in with this nnid? and Would anyone have an idea of how to fix my eshop, the error code i'm receiving is 007-2001
What are you hopeing to do with the eshop? It got shut down. Only repurchases can be downloaded.

Reactions: CoolMe

Yoshkins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you hopeing to do with the eshop? It got shut down. Only repurchases can be downloaded.
To be honest it'd just be nice to see it once for real. I always wanted a 3ds as a kid and now that I have one I feel like I'd be missing out if I can't experience one of the core components of the 3ds. Plus I think Pokemon bank might still work. Not sure though.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I read from CoolMe (in the aforementioned thread) this shouldn't be possible but I could have easily misinterpreted.
You can play games online on a region changed 3ds, and download game updates, but that's about it.
To skip to the point, they sent me an email saying to format my system and go ahead logging in. Now I didn't format my system.
You need to do a system format as extended memory won't work without doing so (after doing a region change).
I didn't want to go through the process of re flashing my backup
?
and I also thought it'd break something.
No, it won't.
I called nintendo support and told them the issue and they had me fill out a help ticket. I put in the Japanese console's serial number and told them the old 3ds's model.
So my questions are: How was it possible for me to log in with this nnid?
My guess is that they just don't care anymore about the 3ds, as the serial number will easily reveal that you have a JP 3ds, the Nintendo support guys either didn't bother to check or they simply don't care.
and Would anyone have an idea of how to fix my eshop, the error code i'm receiving is 007-2001
Unfortunately you can't. There's only one other way to get access to the eShop, but it requires another (US) system (through system transfer), which defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Reactions: Hayato213

Yoshkins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you can't. There's only one other way to get access to the eShop, but it requires another (US) system (through system transfer), which defeats the purpose if you ask me.
Gotcha, I think I saw a reddit post that detailed how to do this, I'll look for it later and link it here incase anyone ever gets curious. As for the reflashing my backup statement, I'm honestly not sure why I said this. I think at the time of typing I misremembered the warning of never removing homebrew without reflashing the backup you made before you made the region switch. Somehow this morphed into don't do a system format either, which is silly because I now distinctly remember formatting as part of the region change guide. Don't think I'll have to format again though seeing as the nnid worked.
My guess is that they just don't care anymore about the 3ds, as the serial number will easily reveal that you have a JP 3ds, the Nintendo support guys either didn't bother to check or they simply don't care.
Probably true, the Nintendo agent actually asked me through email for the serial again to confim it even though and specifically said that it should start with QW, NW, CW; all USA serial codes. I just sent him my Japanese QJ code again and within 30 minutes it was changed. Whole process in all probably took 5 hours. Guess I should be thankful I tried this when there isn't really a reason to do it anymore. And that that agent decided to be a total lad.

Thanks for your response.

Reactions: CoolMe

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, I think I saw a reddit post that detailed how to do this, I'll look for it later and link it here incase anyone ever gets curious. As for the reflashing my backup statement, I'm honestly not sure why I said this. I think at the time of typing I misremembered the warning of never removing homebrew without reflashing the backup you made before you made the region switch. Somehow this morphed into don't do a system format either, which is silly because I now distinctly remember formatting as part of the region change guide. Don't think I'll have to format again though seeing as the nnid worked.

Well unless you want to use the eshop to download game update, it is quite pointless to use a second system to system transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch