Homebrew [Tutorial] A Little Guide on the New waithax/slowhax

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Since you dont have one of the games you need another cfw 3ds to downgrade... sorry:(

With the system transfer? Or is there some other way?

My friend wants his O3DS XL modded. It's on 11.1. He has a N3DS with A9LH+Luma, but you can't sys transfer from N3DS to O3DS. So can he do anything with this guide if he doesn't have any of the games listed? Are those four really the only ones that can be used?

HolyHobo

That guy you see around but don't know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the system transfer? Or is there some other way?

My friend wants his O3DS XL modded. It's on 11.1. He has a N3DS with A9LH+Luma, but you can't sys transfer from N3DS to O3DS. So can he do anything with this guide if he doesn't have any of the games listed? Are those four really the only ones that can be used?

Yes those 4 games are the only ones that can be used

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes those 4 games are the only ones that can be used

But why are people then saying everywhere that it doesn't matter if Nintendo pulls exploitable games because technically any DSiWare game can be exploited? What are we supposed to do now? Wait for another DSiWare exploit?

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why are people then saying everywhere that it doesn't matter if Nintendo pulls exploitable games because technically any DSiWare game can be exploited? What are we supposed to do now? Wait for another DSiWare exploit?

The reason these 4 work is because the size of the .sav file is just perfect for the dgTool.... if the .sav file in a game isn't the right size it will just chuck it and create a new save file

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that huge list of DSiware games that Plailect made? That's for the DSiware downgrade method that uses system transfers aka Plailect's DSiware downgrade guide. This tutorial only works with the original four DSiware games.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You know that huge list of DSiware games that Plailect made? That's for the DSiware downgrade method that uses system transfers aka Plailect's DSiware downgrade guide. This tutorial only works with the original four DSiware games.

But surely it can be made to work with something else eventually? The 3ds guide told users on 11.0/11.1 to wait for Slowhax, never said to buy Legends of Exidia in the advance as well. Now granted I did tell my friend to buy LoE when it was being pulled (was still available in EU at the time) but he "didn't care enough" so idk. Sucks to be him I guess. Would be nice to know tho if eventually we could get some other game that this method works with.

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But surely it can be made to work with something else eventually? The 3ds guide told users on 11.0/11.1 to wait for Slowhax, never said to buy Legends of Exidia in the advance as well. Now granted I did tell my friend to buy LoE when it was being pulled (was still available in EU at the time) but he "didn't care enough" so idk. Sucks to be him I guess. Would be nice to know tho if eventually we could get some other game that this method works with.

Waithax could be implemented into another sysdowngrade tool, it's just a matter of doing it and testing and everything

Flip01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USA DSiWare + Uses sudokuhax + .app size of >= 3,457,024 bytes + public.sav size of >= 67,584 bytes

so this means nothing? :(

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
USA DSiWare + Uses sudokuhax + .app size of >= 3,457,024 bytes + public.sav size of >= 67,584 bytes

so this means nothing? :(
only for 2 3ds transfer from cfw one to 11.0-11.2 one
1.All 4 games have been removed from the eshop
2.but if you have a cfw 3ds you can buy a dsigame then inject app and save
3.tested if it work or not
4.then transfer to 11.0-11.2 one

now we have 3 guide for dsigame
1.2 3ds already has that 4 games just inject save then transfer
2.2 3ds dont have that 4 games buy a disgame inject app and save then transfer
3.only have a 3ds 11.0-11.1 but have these 4 games and hbl entrypoints

Last edited by srwgin,

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A quick question here, I did the progress, succesfully of course, however now I can't launch the dsiware i used.
Do i need to uninstall the exploit or something?

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
A quick question here, I did the progress, succesfully of course, however now I can't launch the dsiware i used.
Do i need to uninstall the exploit or something?
go to setting data manager dsiware choose sd card then choose dsiware copy back to nand
I remember when you use dsiwareinstaller it will backup dsiware for you so you can restore it later

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If ever godmode9 gets updated to work with slowhax, we can inject the DSiWare hax directly without needing a hacked console and system transfer. Can't we?

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If ever godmode9 gets updated to work with slowhax, we can inject the DSiWare hax directly without needing a hacked console and system transfer. Can't we?
someone said that not happend,only chance is dsiwareinstaller itself can inject app and sav
but I'm not sure if that's right

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone said that not happend,only chance is dsiwareinstaller itself can inject app and sav
but I'm not sure if that's right
Mrrraou said that g9 will never happen.
Mrrraou also said that FBI was possible to use, and would eventually work on making it work with waithax.
So that means it may be possible to access the dsiware app with FBI, but I don't know for sure.

Reactions: annson24 and srwgin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back