Turn almost Any Android Device into an OUYA

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
so it will allow you do...what you can already do on every android device and that's access games from the play store :rofl2:

OUYA, much like the Amazon device and others, has its OWN store with different games, every single one of them with full controller support.
If any of you had/used an OUYA, you would know that some of the games are actually quite good, some of those even worth buying an OUYA to play them.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OUYA, much like the Amazon device and others, has its OWN store with different games, every single one of them with full controller support.
If any of you had/used an OUYA, you would know that some of the games are actually quite good, some of those even worth buying an OUYA to play them.
and 98% of them on other platforms which ALREADY have controllers. buying ouya for a few exclusives is a complete waste of time and $$$

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm an original backer with an Ouya and two controllers.
I can honestly say whatever I want about the piece of shit.

Reactions: Bladexdsl and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lots of those games simply have controller support already on standard Android and exclusives are few and far between. Don't get me wrong, the OUYA is a cool gadget for enthusiasts, but that's about it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i liked the sound of ouya when it was announced...but android phones caught up and exceeded it before it was even released.......the only people i think it might be good for are iphone users.....or windows phone users (if there is any)
but if you already own a decent enough android phone there's really no place for it

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's interesting. Being able to play what few good Ouya games there are on my tablet. I don't get what some people are complaining about...

"The games are just Android games with controller support stapled on." So? Maybe I want that.

"These games are already on different platforms." So what? Maybe I don't have those other platforms. I'm not exactly willing to shell out money for those when I can get them on something I already have.

"The Ouya is crap!" Everything is crap really, at least the Ouya is cheaper then the Xbox One.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing this, it's nice to have the option.
Seems difficult to "find" ouya games to "try out" (me hearties), I want to play broken age but don't want to spend money without knowing it will work on my gadget.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KI announcer voice *NECRO.. NECRO.. NECRO..*

This is great -- if for nothing but Towerfall at least. I'm going to try this on my s7800b and ODROID (when/if I get one).

Note that this just adds framework and the OUYA store and doesn't replace your UI. Also, as of KK you can turn off many non-system apps, services or you can toggle it with an app manager if rooted.

*Puts away Necronomicon*

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit! I can only use my Necronomicon once a year... I will try to find alternates. :cry:

Edit: It is easily findable if you Google the zip filename.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I could probably give this a run on my Alcatel. I managed to free up some resources on it not too long ago, but I'd need to find a way to stream it to a TV, because I don't think Chromecast works on 4.2.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later