Hacking Tubehax emulator questions

Erythros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've started using tubehax recently on my old 3ds v9.9.0-26U, and tried getting emulators. The ones I've tried are BlargSNES for SNES, and both 3DSGBA and citrAGB for GBA.

The GBA emulators both show a red touchscreen and a black main screen, and no response afterwards.

And as of the SNES emulator, it works wonderfully, but I can't seem to save any games.

I'd like to know if there are ways to solve both problems,

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Snes games save as if you play the games themselfs, as in saving via the telefoon in earthbound. Atleast that works for me. Also how are your maps on the sd card? like root/3ds/name of the program/3dsx file. And the citragb emu needs a gba a bios with its name as gba_bios.bin in a folder named gba.

Erythros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
they're like this http://puu.sh/jRm3w/44caf48248.png
the 3ds folder is directly in the root folder
About the bios, I had the file but it was not in a folder named gba, so I guess that could be it. Gonna test it here and report back.
About blargSNES, I played DKC in it and had to restart from scratch once I closed it and reopened

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As in closed the 3ds? Yea dont do that the homebrew of tube/ironhax crashes when you close the 3ds, atleast with every emu/program i have tried on it. also i have the gba folder in my root and the folders with roms to, but where you place your roms doesnt matter that much

Erythros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tried the gba folder both on the 3ds folder and on the root folder, to no avail. It still does not work. Could you link me the bios?

Also, I meant closing the SNES emulator normally, not closing the 3ds. Like quitting it.

Erythros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I downloaded a more recent version of tubehax, apparently the one I had was the first one. I tried running megaman zero, though, and it does not run smoothly at all. Is that normal?

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ah yea the first tube/iron hax build had problems for some people smea fixed it. And yes many games on citragb and other gba emus run slow, the snes and gb/gbc emu run a bit better but even then there are some games that dont fully work yet though they have better speed. there is a list of tested games on the gbatemp wiki and in the pastebin link on my account it is tested on n3ds though. but yes homebrew for 3ds especialy the later frimwares is still very young and does noet have full acces to the console

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now on 3DS, if you want something playable anyway, you'll be looking at one of the NES emulators, BlargSNES, and GameYob. It's a bit early for playable emulators due to them all still WIP.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you sure that the games originally supported saves? Because I know that megaman X using a code given you after you finished a level and you can load it in the start menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E