Homebrew Question Trying to use Python Switch Controller

cclloyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use python to control my switch. I've been looking at various guides and projects, and currently what I'm trying to use is the following.

- Arduino Uno R3 atmega16u2
- HiLetgo FT232RL FTDI Mini USB to TTL Serial Converter
- CommunityController

I flashed the arduino using the Joystick.hex file in the CC repo. When I do `lsusb` on my mac it now shows up as `Bus 020 Device 023: ID 0f0d:0092 HORI CO., LTD. POKKEN CONTROLLER`.

I then plugged in the Rx->Rx and Tx->Tx from the serial adapter to the Arduino. Then plugged the arduino into the switch and the serial adapter into my mac.

Trying to run the program however fails. The device that shows up when I do `lsusb` is `Bus 020 Device 024: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International Limited FT232R USB UART Serial: A50285BI`.

Running the python code, when it tries to find the serial port to use, it shows `1027 24577 /dev/cu.usbserial-A50285BI - FT232R USB UART - FT232R USB UART` for `p.vid`, `p.pid`, and `p`. Normally it wouldn't choose that because it tries to use 4292 and 60000 for vid/pid. When I leave it as default it says "No Arduino Found". When switching it and just trying an input, it seems to hang indefinitely.

For example, I had the script just try to press A.

(would post the code but GBATemp is preventing me from doing so or from posting a pastebin link)

Running this makes it hang indefinitely.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Is a piece of hardware I have not compatible?

Last edited by cclloyd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs