PS1/2 Trying to get this game to run in Widescreen on actual PS2

FreezingIceKirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT - Disregard all of this. I finally got it working, though not in the way I originally intended... but, I won't complain.

=======================

I've been using patches to play many of my PS2 games in Widescreen. Usually, I just use something called "PS2 Patch Engine" to apply a PNACH file directly to an ISO, and that usually does it.

Anyhoo, I recently purchased Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and did the usual steps to apply the PNACH widescreen patch to the ISO I created. However, this time around, it wouldn't work. I'm not sure why exactly, as I did what I always do. I've tried multiple copies of the ISO made from the disc (one with InfraRecorder, which is what I always use and usually works great... the other was with the install feature in HD Loader), but the PNACH file doesn't seem to affect the ISO at all. I've tested this on both my PS2 and in PCSX2, only to receive the same results; the game displaying as it normally does.

I'm using an NTSC-U/C (SLUS_213.59) disc and I'm positive I'm applying the right file (053D2239.pnach). I tried Google Searching to see if anyone's experienced a similar problem, but came up empty-handed. I even tried manually hacking the ISO with a hex editor, but that... didn't work so well, either. I even used the whole "PS2 Widescreen Helper" thing, but it wasn't much help in the end, either. I realize I can play the game just fine without this, but I would love to get it working if I can... and I had hoped one of you might be able to help me.

If I need to provide any extra information, just let me know.

One thing I should mention; when running the ISO in PCSX2 and using the "Enable Cheats" with the PNACH file in the right folder, the game finally runs in widescreen. Since this proves the PNACH file is working, I tried to run Open PS2 Loader with PS2rd modded into it with the same cheat code converted to something it could understand (.cht file)... but after setting everything up, OPL just says "Failed to load Cheat File". I followed this guide ( http://ps2home.freeforums.net/thread/85/official-ps2rd-cheat-codes-tutorial ) and converted the widescreen code the way it told me to... yet it still fails to load the cheat. Problem is, I can't tell if I did something wrong, I put the file in the wrong folder, or this mod of OPL just can't find the file for some reason (I'm running both this OPL mod and the cheat file off a USB stick). If I did something wrong, I have no idea what it could be...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnGT

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
the .cht files for Open PS2 Loader (OPL) to use them should be on hdd0. partition named "+OPL" is there and "/CHT" subdir in it.
copied my cheat file using UlaunchELF into "/CHT" subdir and OPL was able to see them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, made a new one