Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyrix said:
Wow, good job on bringing up a dead topic
A topic isn't "dead" if it's cogent with current events, and seeing that the season finale is tonight, that seems fairly cogent.

Take your silly attempt at proclaiming violation of forum bureaucracy back to the kiddie pool. If you have nothing useful to say, don't post.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyrix said:
Its only on tonight for you, Ive watched a while back
If by "a while back" you mean "yesterday," then yes. That still however falls within the realm of "things that have happened recently which someone may enjoy discussing."

If you don't want to, that's fine. However if that is the case, then you shouldn't be populating the thread with your irrelevant garbage posts.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
The books may have existed well before Twilight, but the show would not have existed if Twilight hadn't hit the mainstream and made vampire romance "hip" and "sexy". So yeah, they are related.

True Blood first aired two months before the first twilight movie.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Product placement at it's finest.

vlcsnap-2011-09-12-01h12m40s77.png

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steveo1978 said:
Gahars said:
The books may have existed well before Twilight, but the show would not have existed if Twilight hadn't hit the mainstream and made vampire romance "hip" and "sexy". So yeah, they are related.

True Blood first aired two months before the first twilight movie.

And the first Twilight book was published in 2005. You know, the crappy books that kickstarted the vampire craze and were later made into crappy films?

And Urza... It's like somebody saw the opening to Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and went, "What if we did that, but got some product placement in too?"

Stay classy, True Blood.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
And the first Twilight book was published in 2005. You know, the crappy books that kickstarted the vampire craze and were later made into crappy films?

Are we establishing a timeline?
Because Dead Until Dark (the first book of the series True Blood is based on) was published in 2001.

As for product placement, Nintendo got in on it too.
Wii-300x247.jpg

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Gahars said:

Because Dead Until Dark (the first book of the series True Blood is based on) was published in 2001.

Wii-300x247.jpg

Yeah and no one is gonna copy the idea from twilight that vampires can not go in to sunlight cause they sparkle from twilight.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Gahars said:

Wii-300x247.jpg

I think I have already mentioned this when I was arguing with Skyrix, but it doesn't matter that the True Blood books came first. I've stressed this point repeatedly: Twilight created the recent vampire craze. That's why True Blood became a tv show.

And Urza, while Mike Meyers obviously did not invent that, the whole joke of that sequence was he was being censored by the most obvious, convenient, contrived, and suggestive things possible. So yeah, I would definitely say making the connection isn't a huge leap.

And seriously, Austin Powers: SWSM is bad? Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, ex-zip it A.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just started with season 1, first time I'm watching it. At episode 5 right now, pretty good so far. Wondering how the story will develop. And damn, sooo much sex in it, fuck.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sigh Vampire craze, I love me some vamps, but I don't believe twilight or true blood started this craze I think vampires were bought into the mainstream and made cool (for our generation anyways) by Blade back in 1998, as soon as blade hit thats when all these books/tv shows/films made an appearance. For example, Hellsing, Underworld and Twilight all were released off the success of the Blade series I can't think of any other quite so well liked vamp films prior to this apart from the lost boys and From Dawn to Dusk, but they never co-existed with humans

Alot of them follow the same plot line as blade as well.

Civilizations of vampires co-existing with humans but theres always a trouble maker and theres always a human/vampire (sympathetic towards humans) to sort it out, In blade it was obviously blade, in twilight it was the main vampire (robert patterson) sticking up for bella and in true blood it was bill compton who helped sookie and friends against vampires and other demonic characters alike.

Now I know vamps have been around in the media since Nosferatou, but for this generation I think Blade sparked the craze.

Plus the last episode of true blood was rubbish, they had a 12 episode quota, but wrapped the season up in 11 episodes, the last episode was a drag out episode, alot of it could have been resolved in episode 11, but they needed something to meet the 12 episode quota so dragged out and closed alot of the sub plots

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blade wasn't even popular. out of all vampire movies i think blade is the last to pop in peoples minds specially in the 90s where interview with the vampire was the vampire defining movie. also buffy was a very popular show in the late 90s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8