Homebrew Question Trouble building for Swich with Unity3D

jadeeee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have Unity3d 2018.2.0b3 and the Nintendo Swich development pack installed, I've installed the Nintendo Switch SDK but i get the following error when i try to build the project.

"Could not find file "C:\NintendoDev\NintendoSDK16.7_NXaddon\NintendoSDK\Resources\SpecFiles\Application.aarch64.lp64.nmeta". at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00209] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:305".

I have a "Application.aarch64.lp64.meta" meta file in the folder (notice its ".meta" not ".nmeta") If i rename the file I get a different error

"Selecting the node Core in the .nmeta file caused an error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

Any ideas?

Thanks.

你好,你的问题解决了吗? .meta 可以给我看一下吗
Hello. Has your problem been solved? will you please show me your file .meta and .nmeta?
If this file with information about your account,you can add some mosaics to it.

FischerFuat

Trophies
Website
fuatw.de
XP
Country
Germany
I solved it, but I'm running into another issue here with IL2CPP:" C:\Program Files\Unity_2018_1_3\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe did not run properly!" "Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity_2018_1_3\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe --convert-to-cpp --emit-null-checks --enable-stacktrace --enable-array-bounds-check --development-mode --compile-cpp --platform="Switch" --architecture="ARM64" --configuration="Release" --outputpath="C:\Users\Obama\UnityProjects\NX_KyomoDioOSClient\Temp\StagingArea\Native\SwitchPlayer.nss" "

Last edited by FischerFuat,

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
I solved it, but I'm running into another issue here with IL2CPP:" C:\Program Files\Unity_2018_1_3\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe did not run properly!" "Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity_2018_1_3\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe --convert-to-cpp --emit-null-checks --enable-stacktrace --enable-array-bounds-check --development-mode --compile-cpp --platform="Switch" --architecture="ARM64" --configuration="Release" --outputpath="C:\Users\Obama\UnityProjects\NX_KyomoDioOSClient\Temp\StagingArea\Native\SwitchPlayer.nss" "
Official sdk?

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you

May I want to know is what can I have access to this unofficial SDK?

like this toipc

You will not be able to do anything else with the leaked SDK because it does not contain the crucial components for compiling Unity games, etc. Clang, as an example, is not in the leaked SDK.

Last edited by Centergaming,
D

Deleted User

thank you

but this member "FischerFuat" said it was working

if so, do I want to know or find it?
He didn't get it fully working though still, he ran into more compiler errors, and it'll very likely remain that way since both SDK leaks just simply don't have all the right pieces Unity needs to compile.

The only realistic choices here are to either wait it out for another SDK leak and hope it'll be full this time, or wait until Nintendo decides to open up the Switch dev portal section for all developers, whenever that may be, possibly not for another couple of years if the 3DS/Wii U wait time was anything to go by.

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for the information

but where can I find this SDK to leaker ? for do my test before Nintendo decides to make the switch to everyone

if you know an idea when Nintendo will make it public switch section?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you for the information

but where can I find this SDK to leaker ? for do my test before Nintendo decides to make the switch to everyone

if you know an idea when Nintendo will make it public switch section?
If you are asking for a sdk then you cant
its agains the rules
and we have no idea when nin will do that if ever

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if someone can not give me the link

1- I just want to know an idea when Nintendo opens the switch section for the public

a time estimate?

2- Or an idea to be approved without any time?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if someone can not give me the link

1- I just want to know an idea when Nintendo opens the switch section for the public

a time estimate?

2- Or an idea to be approved without any time?
1- literally no way to know. They might not at all this time around.

2- Make a game, get it signed up to a publisher, ideally one that's already publishing stuff on Switch. That's the only guaranteed way. You could try making a game, getting it to a really good polished ready-for-commercial-release state and applying to Nintendo independently, but the news is that they've been heavily favouring publishers over independent devs.

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a little problem under Unity3D for the switch

I no longer have the manager "external tools", to inform the SDK switch

but I rather in build setting the platform switch

and thanks for help

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The standard process is that you must register as a developer with Nintendo > wait for approval > then request access to the Switch section via email > download the SDK/tools once approved > download proper Unity engine > add Switch Platform support so you can export to .NSP > then purchase a Switch Dev kit (~$500USD) > and then once that arrives - you can start actually working on your game..

Are you saying that you can get a copy of the free Nintendo Switch SDK legally? And buying the Dev Kit would be an alternative since it would be tested in modified Switch?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you saying that you can get a copy of the free Nintendo Switch SDK legally? And buying the Dev Kit would be an alternative since it would be tested in modified Switch?
In your quote there is nothing what you have mentioned.
1. There is no free legal SDK for Switch
2. Hacked Switch can't replace developer unit atm

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
In your quote there is nothing what you have mentioned.
1. There is no free legal SDK for Switch
2. Hacked Switch can't replace developer unit atm
1. The sdk is free. You pay for the license and devkit.
2. Yes. You only need to decrypt the nsp with sdk tools (you need the dev keys) and rebuild it for retail keys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol