Homebrew Question Trouble building for Swich with Unity3D

mcdij

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there and forums/discord servers etc whre people talk about and get assistance with actually using the (fully setup and working) SDK?

I just cant work out how you save/load your play.erprefs using the 9.x SDK and plugin. I get errors trung to run the 15.3 SDK example in unity 2019.3

Code:
Assets\Sample\FsSaveDataPlayerPrefs.cs(134,23): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PlayerPrefsHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Switch' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Are there and forums/discord servers etc whre people talk about and get assistance with actually using the (fully setup and working) SDK?

I just cant work out how you save/load your play.erprefs using the 9.x SDK and plugin. I get errors trung to run the 15.3 SDK example in unity 2019.3

Code:
Assets\Sample\FsSaveDataPlayerPrefs.cs(134,23): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PlayerPrefsHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Switch' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

You could ask Nintendo for the official SDK and you won't face issues if you obtain it (?)

mcdij

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could ask Nintendo for the official SDK and you won't face issues if you obtain it (?)

Pretty much defies the point of this entire thread doesnt it? I mean on the first page of this thread you are asking me to point you to the unity plugins, which you know, you could have just applied to nintendo and got them from them at the time.

Last edited by mcdij,

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Pretty much defies the point of this entire thread doesnt it? I mean on the first page of this thread you are asking me to point you to the unity plugins, which you know, you could have just applied to nintendo and got them from them at the time.

Welp, I got the official SDK afterwards. And btw, SDK 15 is for unity 2022+, Unity 2021.3 keeps 14.3. The best way to keep 2019 working just fine is patching authoring tools.

PeaceHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:
Same; if someone from this site could PM me a guide on how to get it up and running without errors, so I can start porting some games for some experience in Unity, then that would be great, but for now, I am stuck with an incomplete SDK that constantly gives errors when compiling for it. My main issue is a lack of a functional version of the SDK with Unity plus the plugins since It has refused to work.

Reactions: I pwned U!

PeaceHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
error 1
Code:
Building Library\Bee\artifacts\AppPkg\9bc7c\main.npdm failed with output:
The system cannot find the path specified.
error 2
Code:
Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 52 seconds (52361 ms)
Building Library\Bee\artifacts\AppPkg\9bc7c\main.npdm failed with output:
The system cannot find the path specified.

UnityEngine.GUIUtilityrocessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Nvm I fixed it

Last edited by PeaceHacker,

hoksha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry my bad English. I share my script that automates the signing process of the .nsp created in Unity.

Includes 2 script. Script 1 does the process from the .nsp created by Unity; script 2 does the process from the temporary folder in the project that you made the .nsp. You can edit the language of the script and Edit the title ID with which you used

Needs to:
Add environment variables that lead to the following paths:
  • %NINTENDO_SDK_ROOT% = Nintendo Switch SDK path
  • %userprofile% = is the user's path. Here it will take your prod.keys in the path "\ .switch\prod.keys". Most programs look for prod.keys and title.keys in this path.
  • You also need hacpack.exe. You can insert these scripts next to the executable or put hacpack.exe in an environment variable (patch) of your system

Other paths (Script 1 - Lower):
  • NSP_Unpack = .nsp path to unpack
  • Output_Unpack = path where the .nsp is unpacked
  • %Output_Pack% = folder where the signed .nsp will be packed.

Other paths (Script 2 - Faster):
  • %Temp_Unity% = Temporary folder created in the root folder of your project. Inside is the files needed to pack.
  • %program% = program folder path (exefs, romfs).
  • %Control% = control folder path (logo, etc...)
  • Output_Unpack (it should actually say %Output_Pack%) = folder where the signed .nsp will be packed.
  • %largefiles% & %smalledfiles% = temporary text files in% temp% of your system where it points to the correct files (control, romfs, exefs, etc ...)

Script 1
  • Run it (don't do it in administrator mode or you won't be able to move things to the window). Drag the NSP created by Unity. Press ENTER.
  • It will ask you for the folder where the NSP will be unpacked. Press ENTER and wait for it to finish.
  • It will ask you for the path of the programs, it contains files such as exefs, romfs and logo. Locate it where the NSP was unpacked. Press ENTER.
  • It will ask you for the data folder (control) in it contains the files as the data or headers. Locate it where the NSP was unpacked. Press ENTER.
  • In this process, a temporary list will be created to identify the folders.
  • It will ask you for the path where the .nsp will be packaged. There you will get the signed .nsp. Press ENTER and wait for it to finish.
  • Now you can close the program (All temporary files will be deleted)

Script 2:
  • Make sure a path equal to this = "temp \ StagingArea \ SwitchPlayer.nspd \" is found in your Unity project. If you don't successfully create an .nsp in Unity, there will be no files there. Inside there will be a folder "program0.ncd" and "control0.ncd"
  • Run it and Enter the temp folder, created in the root of your project, after packaging your .nsp in Unity. Press ENTER.
  • In this process, a temporary list will be created to identify the folders.
  • Enter the folder where you want to save the NSP. Press ENTER and wait for it to finish.
  • Press ENTER to finish

Thank you for this script, it's great.
The script Firmar20(Unity20Project).bat worked for me after modifying it a little and it created the NSP and I successfully installed it using dbi mtp, but when I run it, it says corrupt data. I used prod.keys extracted with lockpickrcm.

Edit:
------
Since github repo is down I had used hacpack-v1.20-r3_win32 downloaded from gbatemp. Perhaps this version is too old?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for advance.

Last edited by hoksha,

PeaceHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this script, it's great.
The script Firmar20(Unity20Project).bat worked for me after modifying it a little and it created the NSP and I successfully installed it using dbi mtp, but when I run it, it says corrupt data. I used prod.keys extracted with lockpickrcm.

Edit:
------
Since github repo is down I had used hacpack-v1.20-r3_win32 downloaded from gbatemp. Perhaps this version is too old?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for advance.
what happened to the repo?

hoksha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
what happened to the repo?

Check this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacpack-build-and-repack-ncas-and-nsps.519815/post-10371583
Post automatically merged:

It seems probable that this might be the reason. There're important features like Signature generation that was added to hacpack-v1.30.

Edit:
------
That was indeed the problem. Grabbed 1.36r2 from below and it worked.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacpack-build-and-repack-ncas-and-nsps.519815/post-10373819

Last edited by hoksha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps