Hacking Trivial Pursuit Custom Question Packs

jmlsteele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After playing it I wanted to see if it would be possible to add a custom question pack . I dumped the game and opened it up in WiiScrubber to find a data.big file, which looked like it probably contained all the actual in game data. This is a common EA format that has already been documented, so I wrote a quick parser to extra files from it, and was rewarded with files like "questions/pack1_us/localised/en-us.rpk"

This file format I haven't been able to find any information about anywhere, but it looks like a generic container format as almost all of the files in data.big are stored in this fashion (there is also fingerpr.int and some *.sdt files)

I'm just curious if anyone has done any work on deciphering the RPK format.

Along similar lines, I was curious if anyone can tell me how to go about checking to see if the game can load data from the SD card. I would assume it would require either disassembling main.dol, or logging function calls the game makes to the IOS (which would facilitate a cIOS to do so) to see if it checks the SD, but I'm new to wii hacking and don't know how to go about either of those (I do know how to program, and I have copious amounts of free time and am willing to learn though)

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a USA version of Trivial Pursuit for the Wii ?

I have the PAL version, and if you dont know europe inside out, and everything about soccer and football, forget it
smile.gif

jmlsteele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is. It was released back in March if memory serves correctly.

Comes with the standard question set (mostly US/Canada centric questions) as well as a movie question pack.

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
Is there a USA version of Trivial Pursuit for the Wii ?

I have the PAL version, and if you dont know europe inside out, and everything about soccer and football, forget it
smile.gif

LOL I am stuck in the same boat. I know nothing of the history of football players over in EU. Its the worst part about the game. :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...