Hacking TriiForce beta testing

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
medisyn said:
Any plans to have TriiForce support SDHC cards? My 4gb errors out with that -1 error. As others have posted trying a smaller non SDHC card it will work.

That's 100% a cIOS thing. TriiForce only tells the cIOS to enable nand emu on sd, and the rest is done by the cIOS.

medisyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
medisyn said:
Any plans to have TriiForce support SDHC cards? My 4gb errors out with that -1 error. As others have posted trying a smaller non SDHC card it will work.

That's 100% a cIOS thing. TriiForce only tells the cIOS to enable nand emu on sd, and the rest is done by the cIOS.

Thanks for clarifying WiiPower. This explains why Wad manager has the same error. Is there any current way to get around this. Select a different IOS?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
sr_corsario said:
I would like to do some request...

1.Option to have games all together on a list or separated by console type. (snes, nes, etc)

2.Display Game ID and value in hex. (in order to find it on ticket/title folder easylly)

3.VC/Wiiware database ID list.txt

4.Option to show all channels or just vc/wiiware channels acording to "database id list"

5.Option to delete games from dump

6.Option to add a tpl folder and when the idgame.tpl exist load it.(or a cover folder like usb-loaders)
And when load a vc/wiiware game and display correctlly the tpl add it to tpl folder, for instance it will load faster. (or i suppouse it xD)

7.Option to safe last setting used in each game.

Thanks

I like some of them.

Another good idea would be the ability to move or copy games and saves over to and from the external nand, but I doubt we will see this happen for a long time, if even at all.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to add another request.

8. Acording with supposed id game list, display game list on screen by Name order (alphabetical order), not by id order. Its starting to be dificult to find games...

Im not programer but that request dont looks like difficult to add.

Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nicksasa said:
heh, BlackViVi and me wrote something also like that , a python script that does all the work and i made a little GUI be since he's not on, he cant release it so stay tuned
tongue.gif
is that project still alive ?
I would like to know if there will be a direct decrypted nand access to write and delete the games easily.
with a database.txt it would be great.

DragonBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Could somebody please tell me something... the ntsc titles... e.g. n64 virtual console.... can you play them in 480p? because I'm trying to force ntsc480p and it goes to 480i automatically no matter what...same goes for wiiwarre (world of goo for example)...Thanks

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I run this program from Homebrew channel but I'm not sure what to do or how it works.

I can launch Wii Ware I already have on my Wii and that's fine but I can already do that. If I select USB or SD it doesn't work. I have extracted wads from my Wii onto my SD card but I'm not sure how to run them from there.

As far as I can gather I need a NAND image for NAND emulation to work but I don't know where to get one. The first post in this thread doesn't tell me.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r58 crashes for me with a code dump when trying to acces USB-NAND — just for the record. beta4 does the same.

My HDD is a Western Digital MyPassport Essential 320 GB with both an FAT32 and a WBFS partition.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Det1re said:
r58 crashes for me with a code dump when trying to acces USB-NAND — just for the record. beta4 does the same.

My HDD is a Western Digital MyPassport Essential 320 GB with both an FAT32 and a WBFS partition.

I have the same HDD with same partitions and it works.

However, triiforce give code dump or cant load in case to find "extrange" things... for ex. a corrupt game folder/ticket.

Try to remove games and tickets (form your dump) and then add some to see what happens.

Moreover, you could try with another usb device. (i use two devices for testing things in both)

I suggest not use SD because its not working well, or at least for me.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I got an annoying problem with WAD Manager 1.5.
I dumped my whole NAND via FSToolbox and put it in the root of my SD.
But if I try to install a .wad via WAD Manager 1.5 with enabled NAND (with IOS249), I'm getting this:
[+] Enabling NAND emulator... OK!
[+] Mounting device, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -1)
I'm just getting this error when the NAND installation is applied in WAD Manager 1.5.
I hope someone could help me, I really want to test out TriiForce!

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can't install from and to a same device. If you have your emulated NAND on SD you'll have to install wads from USB and vice versa.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's September, I think we'll see cIOS rev15 this month! How's the in-game NAND emu going, guys? Since my SDHC doesn't work with GH5, I'm praying that it's going great!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SFenton said:
It's September, I think we'll see cIOS rev15 this month! How's the in-game NAND emu going, guys? Since my SDHC doesn't work with GH5, I'm praying that it's going great!

GH5 is brand new and has sdhc support, right? It's just not compatible with your card? If yes: Why the h... do you expect your card being compatible with the nand emu? The nand emu has the worst compatiblity from all stuff(nand emu, BootMii, BootMii backup, BootMii mini probjects, IOS36 homebrew, IOS61 homebrew, system menu, wbfs and everything else i forgot).

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower: the card works great with the sysmenu and Bootmii, I don't know why it won't work with the game. I just partitioned my hard drive so I have an NTFS partition set to active, that's what I hope will work. Right now, though, the classic "title/0100010001" error. Drive is set to active, WBFS works great, so IDK.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried Contra Re-birth (PAL) and it plays great on my NTSC-US console without touching the Video Mode. Smash Brothers (PAL) also works great but i had to force it to NTSC 480i and the screen is kinda cropped at the bottom. Great work guys! No more need to convert a wad to be region-free.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Triiforce is great, thanks and bravo.

I would like to report my observations:

- the USB-Nand works better than the SD-Nand (More speed and more compatibility).

Please i would like to know how to install a Wiiware/VC game downloaded with NUSdownload and which have not been packed in a wad (because wad files contains error).

The second question is : how to get rid of the "system file corrupted" or black screen with some games ? (Dr Mario says corrupted).

What is to change in the options to bypass the black screen when booting some games ?

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can't install NUS downloaded VC/WW games, wouldn't that be too easy?

And some games just don't work, there's nothing we can do about it right now.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aabbccdd said:
You can't install NUS downloaded VC/WW games, wouldn't that be too easy?

You mean games, you downloaded them via NUSD. That won't work as the resulting files won't have the ticket you need to play them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases