Hacking TriiForce beta testing

zentor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update --> This seems to be dependent on the game. Castlevania seems to freeze every time on exit but other games do not.

I am new to Triiforce and I was curious if the following issue has been fixed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known bugs:
- returning to wii menu doesn't work with enabled nand emu

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried a couple searches, but I may have missed it. My apologizes in advance if this has already be discussed else where. I am using Triiforce off USB-HD.

Thanks,

Zen

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
OK, next week Waninkoko will be releasing cIOS rev21... will it be compatible with Triiforce
blink.gif
???

See ya!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
OK, next week Waninkoko will be releasing cIOS rev21... will it be compatible with Triiforce
blink.gif
???

See ya!
i'm sure it's the plan, as it was with rev20...i guess you'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us....

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
blink.gif
???

See ya!

should be, the last cios originally had triiforce working on it but wanin admitted he cocked up and left out something or other that made the nand emu work

so hopefully he slaps it in this time

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
clarky said:
wichoxp said:
blink.gif
???

See ya!

should be, the last cios originally had triiforce working on it but wanin admitted he cocked up and left out something or other that made the nand emu work

so hopefully he slaps it in this time

All TriiForce does is telling the cIOS to enable the nand emu. The rest it does the same it does on the real nand -> it all depends on the cIOS. If Waninkoko changes the command to enable the nand emu, TriiForce will be updated for that of course.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A bit of a bump...

rev21 is released (thread linkies here and here).

I'm trying to find out how well triiforce works this time, but it's not that simple to find out. I had some success combining cIOS36rev21 (rev21 base IOS36, in slot 249) with triiforce MRC10b, but the compatibility seems just up to par with rev17 (except that Tristar's ISO forwarders don't work with it).

QUOTE("Wiipower @ in the first post said:
When cIOSrev21 is released, i would like to focus testing and reporting on cIOS56rev21. It seems IOS56 is the superior choice as base IOS:
http://gbatemp.net/t243593-monster-hunter-...nstrument-games
So i would like to know if it works for VC/WiiWare in general and for the nand emu too.
I just tried cIOS56rev21. World of goo just froze twice on me, Dr Mario 'just' doesn't return to the wii menu. Hard to say whether it's the cIOS at this point. I also can't find an up to date version of (non-MRC) triiforce (the google code page just has a forwarder).

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doesn't this one work?
http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/source/.../#svn/trunk/HBC

I haven't heard anything how Waninkoko handles the filename characters that are possible on nand, but not on FAT filesystems. This automatically leads to some games not working, no matter how often you try.

If you get random crashes, i'm almost sure it's a cIOS or device problem, as TriiForce only boots the title, after that it's not active. (the same as usb loaders for disc based games)

Something that might not been mentioned in all this, but that came to my mind:
Maybe the nand emu has problems with fragmented files. So maybe you need to reformat the device and then put all files on it, without deleting any files in between.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...searched somewhat harder and found the svn checkout link. So just tried r82. Unfortunate enough, it's the same result: crashes as soon as the "Use USB-NAND" is selected.
glare.gif

Will test some more.

This is a full FAT32 drive. I can try defragging and trying a new nand dump, but I really hope a reformat isn't needed, as I'm not going to do that.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I have similar problems when launching WiiWare or VC games:

For example, I tested "Contra Rebirth" which worked quite good under rev17. When installed rev21 the game worked fine (even Bit Trip Runner finally worked
smileipb2.png
) BUT mostly games don't work (black screen on Adventure Island, Castlevania Rebirth, Doc's Punch-Out!!, system crashes on Dr. Mario RX...)
unsure.gif

See ya!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The way I understand it, triiforce_MRC started out as just adding a GUI to triiforce. However, Marc_Max (the creator) made sure that it supported Waninkoko's rev20 (when it was in beta).

As rev21 fixes the errors rev20 has, it now has compatibility with rev21. Well...sort of. As to which base IOS to use, which one works best, or which triiforce to use is still to be seen.

In any case: Marc_max abandoned his project and is now working on a project called mighty channels.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since mighty channels and Triiforce are both not working for me, i will ask here as well:
Does anyone know what "ret=-101" means?

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm missing something, but if SNEEK (a nand emulator) runs without any cIOS's, why can't this program too?

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont get it... i want triiforce. do i just download the .dol file? im used to extracting things, the instructions im follwing that lead me to this page say " Download Triiforce and extract it to SD:/apps/triiforce" but theres nothing to extract! do i just make the folders and put the .dol file inside?

ok. im assuming i get the triiforce's .dol file (and i got the image file too)

iv put them in SD:/apps/triiforce

then i put the ticket and title folders on usb

load triiforce from HBC and then find the games from usb

am i right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-