tried updating my switch with AIO now have a yellow screen, please help!

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I updated my Switch tonight using AIO updater to the latest CFW, afterwards I got an error message and the Switch wouldn't boot. I went online and updated Hekate and NYX to the latest firmware, as in the description, I deleted the contents of my Atmospher/contents folder and then I replaced the Atmosphere folder with the latest version. In the description it said to change some type in the IPL file, but when I went to do that it was already package 3 in my IPL, so I left it untouched. Now whenever I boot up, I get to the launch screen of Hekate and launch to a yellow screen. i am at a loss at what to do next.

Also when i try to boot fusee.bin, i get a flashing screen with a fatal error message, as if it is trying to boot atmosphere but then the fatal error appears time and again.

Here is the contents of my IPL file

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0
bootprotect=0
updater2p=0

{-- Custom Firmwares --}

[Atmosphere]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
icon=bootloader/res/icon_ams_fusee.bmp
{ }

[AMS (Homebrew Only)]
emummc_force_disable=1
cal0blank=0
atmosphere=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_ams_reggie.bmp
{ }

[Official Firmware]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch_logo.bmp
{ }

Any help would be massively appreciated. thanks in advance.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I updated my Switch tonight using AIO updater to the latest CFW, afterwards I got an error message and the Switch wouldn't boot. I went online and updated Hekate and NYX to the latest firmware, as in the description, I deleted the contents of my Atmospher/contents folder and then I replaced the Atmosphere folder with the latest version. In the description it said to change some type in the IPL file, but when I went to do that it was already package 3 in my IPL, so I left it untouched. Now whenever I boot up, I get to the launch screen of Hekate and launch to a yellow screen. i am at a loss at what to do next.

Also when i try to boot fusee.bin, i get a flashing screen with a fatal error message, as if it is trying to boot atmosphere but then the fatal error appears time and again.

Here is the contents of my IPL file

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0
bootprotect=0
updater2p=0

{-- Custom Firmwares --}

[Atmosphere]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
icon=bootloader/res/icon_ams_fusee.bmp
{ }

[AMS (Homebrew Only)]
emummc_force_disable=1
cal0blank=0
atmosphere=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_ams_reggie.bmp
{ }

[Official Firmware]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch_logo.bmp
{ }

Any help would be massively appreciated. thanks in advance.

Did you download the new fusee.bin and place it in /bootloader/payloads/ ?

Reactions: Zay475

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

Yes I have the latest installed.

Temporarily move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk and /bootloader to /bootloader.bk.

Download latest Hekate and Atmosphere (and fusee.bin again) from GitHub and deploy to the root of your SD card.

Copy your /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to yiur new /bootloader directory and reboot.

e: if you are using an injector you probably want to upgrade its payload as well.

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Temporarily move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk and /bootloader to /bootloader.bk.

Download latest Hekate and Atmosphere (and fusee.bin again) from GitHub and deploy to the root of your SD card.

Copy your /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to yiur new /bootloader directory and reboot.

e: if you are using an injector you probably want to upgrade its payload as well.
I’m a bit of a noob lol, I have already got the latest of each on the switch, should I follow your description anyway? Also do the bk files exist or do I have to add them? Sorry for my stupidity!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m a bit of a noob lol, I have already got the latest of each on the switch, should I follow your description anyway? Also do the bk files exist or do I have to add them? Sorry for my stupidity!

e: we will also want to recover a copy of your /atmosphere/hosts/*.txt files if you have any we can copy over from /atmosphere.bk/hosts/

What you did to get to latest didn’t work so we’re in between. Rather than pick through the shrapnel looking for clues to what went sideways we’re simply clearing out what was done by moving it all aside and starting from scratch. We’re creating a (B)ac(K)up copy because it’s always a good idea to do a backup before making any changes so you can roll back.

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
e: we will also want to recover a copy of your /atmosphere/hosts/*.txt files if you have any we can copy over from /atmosphere.bk/hosts/

What you did to get to latest didn’t work so we’re in between. Rather than pick through the shrapnel looking for clues to what went sideways we’re simply clearing out what was done by moving it all aside and starting from scratch. We’re creating a (B)ac(K)up copy because it’s always a good idea to do a backup before making any changes so you can roll back.

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok. So do I replace the atmosphere folder with everything in the zip file ? Such as The nro file?

thanks for your help, I’m gutted this has happened! I had access to the stores via tinfoil and everything! It was easy to download games etc, but I noticed that there didnt seem to be any game updates lately , which is why I updated. I tried to use tinfoils system update option but it said my CFW was too low. I should have just left it alone!

im Gonna be online in a few hours, so I wlll follow your directions and fingers crossed, that yellow screen haunts me! It’s just keeps saying something about a package and a fatal error.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. So do I replace the atmosphere folder with everything in the zip file ? Such as The nro file?

thanks for your help, I’m gutted this has happened! I had access to the stores via tinfoil and everything! It was easy to download games etc, but I noticed that there didnt seem to be any game updates lately , which is why I updated. I tried to use tinfoils system update option but it said my CFW was too low. I should have just left it alone!

im Gonna be online in a few hours, so I wlll follow your directions and fingers crossed, that yellow screen haunts me! It’s just keeps saying something about a package and a fatal error.
You will be able to fetch any other setting from the old directory (hence moving them to .bk)

when you unzip the new files it will create new /atmosphere and /bootloader directories and won’t touch yiur backups.

If you can grab a screenshot of the error or transcribe what it says it would be helpful.

Last edited by binkinator,

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will be able to fetch any other setting from the old directory (hence moving them to .bk)

when you unzip the new files it will create new /atmosphere and /bootloader directories and won’t touch yiur backups.

If you can grab a screenshot of the error or transcribe what it says it would be helpful.
If I try to boot up with fuses.bin option from the hektate payloads section or if I try to inject fusee primary via tegra the message is A fatal error occurred when running Fusée. Unable to identify package1. If I just select launch then the atmosphere icon it goes to a yellow screen.

hope that helps a little. I will be home soon and I will grab some screenshots.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I try to boot up with fuses.bin option from the hektate payloads section or if I try to inject fusee primary via tegra the message is A fatal error occurred when running Fusée. Unable to identify package1. If I just select launch then the atmosphere icon it goes to a yellow screen.

hope that helps a little. I will be home soon and I will grab some screenshots.

Which version did you upgrade from?

This is a mismatch between versions. are you sure fusee.bin was downloaded and is the same version as atmosphere? Make sure you download fresh from the same place at GitHub.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.2

grab these first two guys:

D2D09E31-E2DA-4E33-B84D-36641154E21D.jpeg

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, yeah I downloaded both from GitHub, same page. from The zip file atmosphere, I only replaced the atmospherfolder on my memory card, should I also add the other folders that are in the zip? As they are already on my card. Do I need to download the source codes and replace those too?

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yeah I downloaded both from GitHub, same page. from The zip file atmosphere, I only replaced the atmospherfolder on my memory card, should I also add the other folders that are in the zip? As they are already on my card. Do I need to download the source codes and replace those too?
no need for src files. Just move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk and unzip everything in the zip file to the top level directory of your sd card. The second file, fusee.bin, will go under the new /bootloader directory you create whe you unzip,the new Hekate zip to the top level of you sd card.
Hi, I replaced the files and now when I boot I get this. Any idea what could be? Thanks
Looks like you’re missing Sigpatches:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

same story…unzip to the top level directory of your sd card.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no need for src files. Just move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk and unzip everything in the zip file to the top level directory of your sd card. The second file, fusee.bin, will go under the new /bootloader directory you create whe you unzip,the new Hekate zip to the top level of you sd card.

Looks like you’re missing Sigpatches:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

same story…unzip to the top level directory of your sd card.
So close! except now my switch is booting up to the wrong path, so there is only a menu there but no games, I need it to boot up to the other path, do you know what I mean? it's hard to explain lol!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So close! except now my switch is booting up to the wrong path, so there is only a menu there but no games, I need it to boot up to the other path, do you know what I mean? it's hard to explain lol!
So it’s booting up now? Go to Settings -> System -> System Update and show what it says for Current Version

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you have booted into the wrong NAND partition, or worse, something has gone wrong with one of them if you're expecting to see installed games.

To check, how do you launch Atmosphere through Hekate? Do you use the Payload or launch menu?

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ