Homebrew Question Transfer save data from pirated game on SX OS to OFW ban risk?

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello,

I've been playing a lot of pirated Smash Ultimate on SX OS but I'd like to purchase the game and start playing online matches too. I plan to play my pirated NSPs and XCIs on EmuNAND, while switching over to a clean SysNAND to play online.

Since I don't want to have to complete WoL and unlock all the characters again my question is how can I back up my save from my pirated game and restore it to the purchased one with a minimal risk of getting banned? I haven't found anyone talking about this so I thought I'd ask. Would you even advise trying this?

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Thank you very much for the immediate response! I will definitely try and use this method until I purchase the game but I'd also like to play on the official Nintendo servers so my question still stands. Thank you for showing me this alternative either way!

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for the immediate response! I will definitely try and use this method until I purchase the game but I'd also like to play on the official Nintendo servers so my question still stands. Thank you for showing me this alternative either way!

You will get banned if you are attempting this on the same switch.

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I wouldn't bother trying. Not worth the risk. Just unlock everything again on the new game. Still playing with fire as it is buying the game to play online on a 'dirty' switch.
Yeah, I suppose unlocking the characters again isn't that much of a hassle. Still, people all over have been reporting that they have been playing online on a clean SysNAND while keeping their NSPs/XCIs on an EmuNAND for months without getting banned.
Oh well, even if I do get banned, the saved money from pirated games more than justifies buying a second console.

Reactions: Cencil

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I've transfered my smash saves from Emunand to the real nand sometime last month and haven't been banned yet
So you've been playing online with the method I detailed without any problems? If so, how did you transfer the save? Just by using Checkpoint (or similar homebrew) or some other method?

Panpan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've just used Checkpoint to save and restore my saves yes. During the restoring process I kept the system offline, then i rebooted without any CFW and went back online
I can access online games and the eShop fine. I did this on Firmware 6.2 I believe.

Reactions: Koko210

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I've just used Checkpoint to save and restore my saves yes. During the restoring process I kept the system offline, then i rebooted without any CFW and went back online
I can access online games and the eShop fine. I did this on Firmware 6.2 I believe.
Thanks a lot for the reply, man. Might give it a try after all. What's the difference between being banned and never going online out of fear of getting banned anyhow?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the reply, man. Might give it a try after all. What's the difference between being banned and never going online out of fear of getting banned anyhow?
The main thread about such things is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

the long and short of it is: Nintendo is getting very good at determining any alterations to their stuff. Emunand...well, check out the link above for any news on anyone getting banned or not. But you'd have to mess with the official stuff to put the saves on there, and that's where the risk is going to be. Personally, I'd act as if what you do will result in a ban and just have fun until you are. Saves editing has resulted in bans in the past, though I don't know much about the emunand sitaution. Check out the link above for the current information/situation.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Koko210

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
The main thread about such things is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

the long and short of it is: Nintendo is getting very good at determining any alterations to their stuff. Emunand...well, check out the link above for any news on anyone getting banned or not. But you'd have to mess with the official stuff to put the saves on there, and that's where the risk is going to be. Personally, I'd act as if what you do will result in a ban and just have fun until you are. Saves editing has resulted in bans in the past, though I don't know much about the emunand sitaution. Check out the link above for the current information/situation.
Thanks a lot, I'd seen that thread before, just nothing on my specific question.

Reactions: osaka35

LilDoot22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aye you still banned? Thinking about doing this as well. I've done it way back before, but would still like to hear about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!