Hacking Transfer 5.05 PS4 offline profile and saves to new 6.72 PS4 PRO

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS4 on 5.05 and a PS4 Pro I just got on 6.72. Neither console have ever been connected to the internet as I use an offline exploit host. If I do a backup on my 5.05 PS4 with my profile and saves, can I restore this on my PRO 6.72 console and continue where I left off? Again neither profile or console has ever been on PSN.

If not, is there a homebrew application I can use to migrate or re-sign the saves to a newly created profile on the PS4 PRO?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you'd be able to do that with the normal backup method (don't know for sure though). save mounter and account activator should work. mount the saves on the 5.05 system, back up the decrypted saves, then inject them on 6.72. I don't know how account activator will look, but you might be able to use that with exporting the saves. it might be a little more complicated though. @KiiWii and I have tutorials on using both. be careful with save mounter though, because you don't want a save going into limbo. the only way to fix that is a rebuild of the database afaik. it happened to me once. save couldn't be deleted on the system or via ftp.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Install PS-Phwoar! on 5.05, run the 'Save Data Backup' payload. (do a trophy backup too if you also want to copy those)
Go in to System settings and use the backup/restore app to make a backup of your profile. Do not select your saves in the backup!

Install the profile backup on your 6.72.
Run the Save_Data_Restore.bin on your 6.72

I've also included the trophy restore bin for 6.72 if you want to do the same with your trophies.:)

I haven't update the payload on PS-Phwoar! for 6.72 so thats why you will have to use the bin files instead.

Attachments

• Save_Data_Restore.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Trophy_Restore.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: Garcimak and KiiWii

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
the best way (if you are using an actual "activated" account on 5.05) is to use the BAR (backup and restore) utility to backup the saves and the regular info to the new 6.72 console. but that's only IF you are on an "activated" account. otherwise, you need to follow @Leeful 's method

Reactions: KiiWii and Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^^ they arent in PS-Phwroar! for 6.72 i guess ?
No. When I put out PS-Phwoar! for 6.72 I had not ported all my backup/restore payloads so they are not in there.
I've since ported them all to 6.72 but I have not released a menu containing them all yet.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume this only works with the same profile/account? is save mounter/account activator only possible if you initialize the system and want to import the saves via usb? I gave someone that suggestion on psx place, but if there's something easier... afaik, he doesn't have a backup of his saves beyond exporting them. @Leeful , take a look:

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/importing-game-saves-from-usb-on-6-72.32217/

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
^^ is it possible to expect that update, and the others you commented in past ?
the most probably you are messing now with 7.02 so....

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume this only works with the same profile/account? is save mounter/account activator only possible if you initialize the system and want to import the saves via usb? I gave someone that suggestion on psx place, but if there's something easier... afaik, he doesn't have a backup of his saves beyond exporting them. @Leeful , take a look:

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/importing-game-saves-from-usb-on-6-72.32217/
I dont fully understand his situation. does he have saves on a usb that were copied with the official application savedata tool in system settings or does he just have a folder backup from ftp/file explorer or the old backup payload?

Also he says that he has upgraded the HDD. If this is the case he can put the original HDD back in, make a profile backup using the official backup.restore app in system settings then use the savedata backup or hdd transfer backup payload in PS-Phive!

Then put in the new HDD, restore the profile backup then use the savedata or hdd upgrade payload.

If the profile that he used on the original hdd is activated he could just use the official backup/restore app to move his profile and saves to the new HDD..

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont fully understand his situation. does he have saves on a usb that were copied with the official application savedata tool in system settings or does he just have a folder backup from ftp/file explorer or the old backup payload?

Also he says that he has upgraded the HDD. If this is the case he can put the original HDD back in, make a profile backup using the official backup.restore app in system settings then use the savedata backup or hdd transfer backup payload in PS-Phive!

Then put in the new HDD, restore the profile backup then use the savedata or hdd upgrade payload.

If the profile that he used on the original hdd is activated he could just use the official backup/restore app to move his profile and saves to the new HDD..

it sounds like to me that he has the same hdd, just initialized, and the saves were exported using the official method. he can restore the saves with that restore payload of yours without having to use account activator and save mounter?

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it sounds like to me that he has the same hdd, just initialized, and the saves were exported using the official method. he can restore the saves with that restore payload of yours without having to use account activator and save mounter?
No, his profile id will be completely different.
If the saves were exported officially the only solution I can think of is to activate his profile with the same accountID that was used before he initialised and the he could just copy the saves back using the official method.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like he only has four saves that need to be transferred. the account activator and save mounter thing was the method I used after I initialized my system. thanks. I think he's wanting to start fresh, which is why I suggested using your script to get the aid for the new account, assuming he made one on the official website.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

his old account works, which I'd use with account activator, is that part of your frontend? I'm not on 6.72, so I'm confused by what some of the options do exactly. I've been using @KiiWii 's frontend, since the options are named after the payloads. I assume you have both save mounter and account activator in there? as I mentioned, I think he's wanting to start fresh, but one thing I noticed is that games seem to crash if the original account is no longer present, so just using account activator may not work correctly. that's what it did to me when I opened games using my old account. the aid of an offline account is all 0s, correct? that's how it is on the ps3 anyway. the only difference is you can't import/export saves or use remote play, right?

Reactions: KiiWii and Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it sounds like he only has four saves that need to be transferred. the account activator and save mounter thing was the method I used after I initialized my system. thanks. I think he's wanting to start fresh, which is why I suggested using your script to get the aid for the new account, assuming he made one on the official website.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

his old account works, which I'd use with account activator, is that part of your frontend? I'm not on 6.72, so I'm confused by what some of the options do exactly. I've been using @KiiWii 's frontend, since the options are named after the payloads. I assume you have both save mounter and account activator in there? as I mentioned, I think he's wanting to start fresh, but one thing I noticed is that games seem to crash if the original account is no longer present, so just using account activator may not work correctly. that's what it did to me when I opened games using my old account. the aid of an offline account is all 0s, correct? that's how it is on the ps3 anyway. the only difference is you can't import/export saves or use remote play, right?
Its the PS4debug payload. Its the same thing for both savemounter and account activator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout