ROM Hack Trails of Cold Steel 3 Switch English Patch by IMNoob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitokuro19

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nintendo be like "UMAGUURD PIRAZZYYY" and send a evil letter saying "STAAAPH OR WE WILL SUUUYUUUUU".
There have never been any legal cases involving fan translation issues, and such projects have been relatively widespread over the Internet for years

the patch only contains the new data and directives for where it is to be placed, and does not have the original copyrighted material included in any form.

he already release this english patch fan translations. but the fixed is copyrighted?
WTF!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There have never been any legal cases involving fan translation issues, and such projects have been relatively widespread over the Internet for years

the patch only contains the new data and directives for where it is to be placed, and does not have the original copyrighted material included in any form.

he already release this english patch fan translations. but the fixed is copyrighted?
WTF!
https://www.technollama.co.uk/are-fan-translations-an-infringement-of-copyright
Whole website got shutdown because of it.

However, in 1999, one well-known incident in which copyright holders took action involved the translation of a Windows game maker called RPG Maker 95. The Japanese company ASCII had their lawyers send a cease and desist e-mail to the translation group KanjiHack Translations. However, unlike most translation groups, KanjiHack was caught linking to a site to illegally download the entire then-recently released RPG Maker 95 software (including a copy-protection crack).[11] The group shut down immediately but others eventually finished the project. Titles from the RPG Maker series were eventually localized and officially released in the US for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2.

In 2014, publisher Square Enix issued a cease and desist order to Sky, a romhacker who had completed a highly anticipated[12] fan translation of the PSP game Final Fantasy Type 0, soon after they announced an HD version of the game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This forced him to remove all posts and pages pertaining to the project (which were eventually restored months later). Sky claimed that Square Enix had made "threats and false accusations".[13] According to Kotaku, Sky had released the translation early against the team's wishes, possibly to preempt any legal action following a localization announcement at E3, and Square Enix may have been forced to announce the HD version prematurely as a reaction to the patch's release.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_translation_of_video_games

EDIT: GBAtemp wish not to be part of the a battle that can end up in court.

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: IMnoob

IMnoob

Ps4 & Switch Code Maker
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
im doing this project just for fun, i really appreciate the gba temp forums and support the game developers who have made it so hard.:). don't blame gbatemp for deleting the file related to copyright. just wait for the official game like masgator said :yay:. and stop asking me on inbox about the fix file :bow:. That's annoying..Thank you in advance.. CASE CLOSE.

Reactions: linuxares

glong279

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

WTF!
If you didn't read, the patch was sniped by mods, so he figured he couldn't upload the fix without it being sniped as well.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
im doing this project just for fun, i really appreciate the gba temp forums and support the game developers who have made it so hard.:). don't blame gbatemp for deleting the file related to copyright. just wait for the official game like masgator said :yay:. and stop asking me on inbox about the fix file :bow:. That's annoying..Thank you in advance.. CASE CLOSE.

I wonder if you can see how rude you seem to be, Also , your excuses makes no sense , why would you relase the english mod but not the fix ? and yet you blame people for wanting to have your fix so they can enjoy finishing a game that you helped them start playing, stuning really.

IHATEU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I wonder if you can see how rude you seem to be, Also , your excuses makes no sense , why would you relase the english mod but not the fix ? and yet you blame people for wanting to have your fix so they can enjoy finishing a game that you helped them start playing, stuning really.

Come on guys... Lets move on.
The guy doesn't want to share his fix. It's his fix and it's his choice. We can't force someone to do stuff they don't want to do. Let's just wait for the official release and enjoy some other great titles available for now. There's so many of them... So let's move on.

Reactions: IMnoob

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Since there is no use. The game is coming in English June 30, 2020. Just wait for it instead.

IMnoob

Ps4 & Switch Code Maker
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
No comments about rude. Its your opinion and its up to you. Try learn about the risk of copyright, then u will know why i do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9