Gaming Trade in SSFIV (or other games) for DOA (or other games)?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.
I wanna trade in SSF4 for DOA, since, i never really liked SF. I mean, I tried to like it in the 3DS, but just doesnt seem to be the right game for me.
laugh.gif
I'm more of a tekken kind of guy.

So an EBgames near me is having an offer. 20$ in store credit for SSF4. I also have Nintendogs which I also wanna trade, but I dont know if that will also net me 20$.

What do you guys think?
smile.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm still waiting for its arrival here .-. since it hasn't released in US. Hm, but I wouldn't do that if I were you, having a 2D and 3D fighter game is good. I have SF4 too will get DoA soon.

D

Deleted User

I can't judge if you'll like DoA more than SSFIV3D, but I really like it (also, I don't have SSFIV). The only thing I don't like about DoA is the story, but then again who plays a fighting game for its story?!

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
shadowgauge said:
Don't do it toys r us has it for 29.99 this week

Really? Ill check out the only Toys R US here, and if they have it for 30$, Im sold.

@others, Yeah Ill probably try out DOA first. I do remember playing it on the PS1 and liking it.
laugh.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Here in Ireland Gamestop give 28 euro credit for all 3DS games currently.
It was 35 for the first week.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if you like Tekken, Dead or Alive is certainly more up your ally. If you care about the online, most of the reviews are chiming in that DoA has lacking net code.

I'm kind of in your position. I have both games and both hardly have staying power for me. (SF4: Arcade edition is coming out in a month, and Nintendogs is just too much of the same) $20 for sf & $25 I wager for ndogs, because it's the best seller right now on 3DS, already at a million. So those are pretty good, but I'd really like to keep the library growing for now. If Nintendo floods me with 1st party then I'll consider turning them in, but I don't want to give these up so soon. Trying to find other ways to pay for them!

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn it. I just went to Toys R Us and they still dont have it. :0 Maybe thats a USA only promotion?
frown.gif
(Im in Canada btw.)
There was also this poster of the month's new releases, but there wasn't any Dead or Alive in there.
Oh well, Ill just drop by again this weekend and hopefully they'll have it.

If not, that SSF trade off looks good enough for me.
smile.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys are lucky lol.
All games here are between £29.99-33.99, and thats on amazon. Local stores all sell at £30+

The only game thats cheap is Super Monkey Ball, £12 at the moment lol. It must suck that badly o.O?

I will also trade in old 360 games, and maybe some other stuff for 3DS games. cant afford buying everything lol.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm I want DOA too. I might get more fun out of it than SSF... The only concern is, I read DOA's online is more prone to lag...

I will practice a bit more in SSF4 but I kinda don't think that I am motivated enough to invest so much time to get good at it. And I will battle you again, Tanveer!
ph34r.gif

Right now I don't want to spend too much though, seeing that Zelda is just around the corner and I preordered Resident Evil as well..

So anyone know a DOA offer in Europe for 30 Euro (or £25)?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
DOA and SSF are two totally different kinds of fighters.

DOA is a 3D fighter with combos and realistic moves (more of kicks and punches)

SFF is a classic plane fighter with very crazy moves (hadoken anyone?)

You might not like 3D fighters (I used to dislike them, but now no more), so I suggest you try it out first if you have the chance, then consider.

Also, if i were you, i would save up $40 and keep both titles instead of trading one in.
laugh.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
heartgold said:
I'll be selling my SSF for DOA too, I played DOA at an event before and I've found it 100 times better than SSF.
I don't really play online for handhelds (with the exception of some crazy titles) so DOA's online lags won't be an issue.

Haha, this sparks the knell of SSFIV 3D Edition?
nyanya.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cosmiccow said:
Hmm I want DOA too. I might get more fun out of it than SSF... The only concern is, I read DOA's online is more prone to lag...

I will practice a bit more in SSF4 but I kinda don't think that I am motivated enough to invest so much time to get good at it. And I will battle you again, Tanveer!
ph34r.gif

Right now I don't want to spend too much though, seeing that Zelda is just around the corner and I preordered Resident Evil as well..

So anyone know a DOA offer in Europe for 30 Euro (or £25)?
I dont think you can get it that cheap anywhere at this stage lol.
But you never know, keep looking and you might find it somewhere somewhat discounted
smile.gif

Sure, will fight you tonight? Dont pick Ryu lol. Its kinda weird to fight Ryu with Ryu
tongue.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nollog said:
you guys are so damn lucky, 3ds games come here, and sell only for the price of... 45-50 freaking euro's

I'd say, if your really like DOA, then it could be a farily good deal.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
boktor666 said:
Nollog said:
you guys are so damn lucky, 3ds games come here, and sell only for the price of... 45-50 freaking euro's

I'd say, if your really like DOA, then it could be a farily good deal.

You could order from zavvi.com for example - it's 37 euro right now (most 3DS games are around that)

Tanveer: I'm trying different characters in SSF.. maybe I'll pick some girl the next time ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-