Totally lost. Need help using Brawl Mods for a Tiramisu modded Wii U while retaining GCN controller hack.

cheko2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hacked my Wii U quite a bit so far using Tiramisu. I'm a novice hacker though. I managed to find a GCN controller injector of sorts that works via Gecko OS for Super Smash Bros. Brawl in the Wii U's vWii. To use it, one must always boot up the disc based game with the gecko OS patch every time. But it restores the use of GCN controllers via the adapter. So now Im trying to figure out how to use Brawl mods on a hacked Wii U. The ones I want to try is Project M, Smash 2 Omega, Legacy XP, and Project M Ex Remix.

Problem is I am having a hard time finding information on how to use these files on Brawl especially for the variety of mods. I found some tutorials that has me download a launcher app to load one of the mods via the HBL. But I am concerned that it wont let me use Gecko OS simultaneously and thus I will lose GCN controller support. Also some of the info I am finding is outdated for older pre-Tiramisu cfw hacks. Can someone help point me in the right direction and make sense of all this and know what to do. Do I need to download any other apps like Gecko OS to get all this to work. Thanks.

cheko2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I got Project M EX Remix to work. I read it can only be used with SDHC SD Cards so I copied all my data from my SDXC 256 gb to my 32 SDHC SD Card. On the new spare card, I copied all the stuff in the folders from the download folder to the root of my sd card. I was able to load up the game with a launcher on the homebrew channel and it runs great for the most part. Problem is....

I was right, the gcn injector via gecko OS did not work. Here is the weird thing though. When I tried to go into Gecko OS to launch my GCN controller hack, the entire background and theming of the app changed to a Project M Ex Remix theme. Which tells me that Gecko OS is somehow communicating with the mod. But when I load the game via Gecko OS, it loads Vanilla Brawl. Is there a way to get Gecko OS to load the mod AND the injector at the same time?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading somewhere that the GCN patch and Ex Remix don’t work with each other, though I haven’t tried it out myself so I’m not too sure. I just use one of those GCN controllers that plug into the Wii controller to play Brawl/Project M. Alternatively you could buy an adapter that allows you to plug original GCN controllers to a Wii controller

Famus484

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my experience for now It only works with regular <= 2GB SD cards (no SDHC). With such a card, I am able to load the patch and project+ together through Gecko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol