Hacking Tool assisted Mario Maker

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tool assist means, that you can use slowdowns and savestates, which means on the other hand, that you need an emulator to do so.

That menas no, unless you can play wii u games on dolphin.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Tool assist means, that you can use slowdowns and savestates, which means on the other hand, that you need an emulator to do so.

That menas no, unless you can play wii u games on dolphin.
Isnt a tool assisted run where a program does everything for you? But you program where the button inputs occur
Or is that a different kind of speedrunning?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Isnt a tool assisted run where a program does everything for you? But you program where the button inputs occur
Or is that a different kind of speedrunning?
Basically, button inputs come out of a computer, not a human.

It's basically a piano roll containing notes of where the piano should play.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Speed run that abuses glitches... Not a legitimate speed run.
No TAS is a legit speed run IMO. But just so you know, using glitches doesn't make a speed run not legit. Do you have any idea how hard this is to pull off just as quick as that tool? I'd like to see you try. There are multiple categories, and they do the shit for charity most of the time.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speed run that abuses glitches... Not a legitimate speed run.
Sure it is, it takes just as much (if not more) precision. It's just classified as an "any%" run, the full "100%" run still abuses glitches but also completes the game fully. Then I think there's also a "skill" or "vanilla" run (don't remember the exact name) where you have to complete it all in one go without resetting or glitching. Speedrunning is a complicated sport :P

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Look up "ReggieNext", I think you'll find it's similar to what you're looking for (also it's free if you already have NSMBU :P)
I don't even have a Wii U, but isn't reggienext for NSMBW, NSMB2, and Newer? I don't see anything about Mario Maker.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even have a Wii U, but isn't reggienext for NSMBW, NSMB2, and Newer? I don't see anything about Mario Maker.
Well, yes, it's for NSMBU, but it's basically a more extensive Mario Maker for that game specifically. Down the line they could probably implement more of the retro stuff if they wanted to

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, yes, it's for NSMBU, but it's basically a more extensive Mario Maker for that game specifically. Down the line they could probably implement more of the retro stuff if they wanted to
Oh, I never knew ReggieNext had NSMBU support. Nice.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, button inputs come out of a computer, not a human.

It's basically a piano roll containing notes of where the piano should play.
I'd say ban them straight to hell! I don't want to play levels that can't even be completed by real humans :(
Does anyone know if the 100-mario challenge is curated or if they just compute difficulty automatically?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say ban them straight to hell! I don't want to play levels that can't even be completed by real humans :(
Does anyone know if the 100-mario challenge is curated or if they just compute difficulty automatically?
If I remember correctly difficulty is determined by how many people who enter the level actually finish it, and how long it takes them to. So yes, I believe automatically

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"